Hoboken, NJ
Stevens Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stevens Institute of Technology

Fixed  rate loan

Jordan

My college experience has given me the drive and maturity that I need to be succesful in my life. It has also shown to me that my past academic struggles have all been due to my own fears of failing. Doing so well when I was very young gave my parents high standards of me, and in high school those expectaions were a great intimidation. Taking College Success courses at my community college allowed me to become aware of this fear that I have always had, and it has given me the motivation to push past it all, because what I have found out is that when I actually try my best, I get my best, and I am constantly surprising myself. This skill of consciousness has been applicable to many different aspects of my life, and I am becoming a very independent and motivated person because of it. I owe this invaluable gift to college.

Paige

Knowing what I know now about making the transition into college life, the main thing I wish I knew as a high school senior would be to not stress out and to just relax. Making the transition is not as hard as it may seem. Every college-bound high school senior is going through the same thing and it always turns out the way it is supposed to. College life is amazing. Being on the women's varsity soccer team, I had no idea that my teammates would turn out to be my best friends. Knowing this the summer before college would have been extremely helpful. I constantly stressed about the upperclassmen on my team. I thought they would boss me around and make me feel very inferior but that was not the case.

Somebody who has a strong aptitude in the sciences and who is looking for a career in engineering or the medical field should attend this school. It has a wide range of science and engineering majors to offer and has a great staff to direct students to a successful career. Also, if one enjoys a small campus feel, this is a perfect school. With small class sizes, students get the one on one interactions with their teachers which is a great benefit.

Stevens Institue of Technology is a very unique school which focuses on science and technology. Somebody who doesn't have a strong intrest in science would not feel at home at this premier institution. If one cannot hold himself accountable for completing his/her work ahead of time, this school also is not the place. Teachers expect a lot out of their students and the students really need to be self motivated to be successful here.

Andrew

I would have honestly taken classes more seriously. I was a mundane student, who didn't try hard enough. If I would have studied harder and received better grades, I could be at a better school. My study habits were not as developed as they were when I left high school. Additionally, I would have participated in many more activities. for leadership roles.

Christina

College seems so scary and complicated when one is in high school. Thousands of questions constantly run through one's mind. Will I make friends? Will I be able to do all the work? What if I hate my roommate? If I could go back in time, I would try and ease all of these silly questions out of my mind. Freshmen are always worried about making friends, but everyone is in the same situation. No one knows anyone so everyone is friendly. Just keep your door open and be open-minded when you meet someone. Also, if a student does not like their roommate, the staff is very helpful in switching dorm rooms to accommodate both parties. I would tell myself to relax and have fun. College is difficult, but there is a lot of free time to enjoy life. I have a 3.787 out of 4.0 GPA and although I do study, I still relax. Something very important is to keep a planner. Your mom is not there to make sure assignments get done on time and it's easy to fall behind. College is the most important time of your life so just have fun.

Stevens Institute of Technology is a difficult school. Students need to be hardworking to succeed here. Also the math classes are very challenging. Engineering, which is mainly what this school is about, has a lot of focus on physics and calculus. I tutor calculus 2, 3 and 4 and a lot of students think that it should be as easy as their high school math classes, but that is not true. Students need to be dedicated to school and work to attend this challenging school.

Students who attend Stevens Institute of Technology make on average $5,000 more than other engineers around the world. Stevens has an excellent academic program with demanding and interesting classes. Also, there are excellent research opportunities that help students work closely with professors and gain valuable experience in their field of choice. New York City is only 5 minutes away from Hoboken so a student is never bored. I love going to Stevens!

Melissa

Stevens is best known for its reputation as an engineering school. Alumni connections are very strong when seeking jobs, particularly in the state of New Jersey. Recently, Stevens has earned a reputation for a having well-rounded students. Several of our athletics teams have ranked in the top 20 in national Division III competition. Our music and technology program has expanded rapidly in the past few years, and there are a variety of music related activities for students to showcase their talents, including various bands, orchestra, choir and dramatic performances.

Life as a college student is much different than that of a high school student. At college there are no parents to make your meals, remind you of activities, or tell you when to go to bed. You must be prepared to make time for three meals a day, complete your schoolwork, get a good night's rest, and spend time with friends. Begin developing good study habits now. Even though you can cram for tests the night before you take them in high school, you will not be able to do that in college. The exams are much more difficult, so you should set aside at least one hour a night for the three nights prior to an exam. You should begin studying for finals the week before the exam, because they cover so much material and count for forty percent of your grade. Be careful not to immerse yourself in studying all the time, or you will burn yourself out. Try to get to the gym a few times a week so that you can keep in shape. Working out and taking the time to relax with friends are good sources of stress relief.

The research opportunities at Stevens are amazing. Undergraduates are able to work with professors and graduate students over the summer through either the Scholars program or Technogenesis, which is open to all students. They often research a topic of their choice under the supervision of a professor. Students can live on campus while working in the labs and are paid by the hour. I have learned so much about possible applications for research in chemical engineering through my experience in the laboratories.

Cris

Stevens is a well-known technical school in the Engineering Industry and maintains the standards and practices of its founder to this day.

Hey Cris, I hope wearing that uniform every Thursday and Friday are getting old, it won't have to happen much longer. Rooming with John will be great, and pre-orientation should definitely set your friends for the freshman year, so don't feel out of place talking to them. School work isn't so bad, but keep up on calculus homework, I hate it just as much as you, but you aren't alone so work with your friends. Don't fret about Sam and Sarah, there's more fish to be had at college, specifically Carolyn. You should try to meet her early, we're perfect together. Either way she's in your Chem Lab in the second semester so be yourself. You might be dating cherie right now, but don't let it last past the summer, she has to be stable before you can ever have something. If I could get you to do one thing that's been bothering me, it would be to follow that dream of inventing. Get a notebook and jot the ideas down so you remember. God knows my head is full of them still. Good luck, I love you.

I wish I had known more about loans and their impact before coming to Stevens or any other school.

Quentin

There's always something to do here - so there's never a dull moment.

There's always something to do here - so there's never a dull moment.

Get involved. There's so many things to learn and do at college - especially at Stevens. And you meet so many great people - you develop almost an extended family. And that helps with the transition - it makes you feel like you never really left home. So get out and get involved - hey, if you don't like something, you can always just say "Hey, this isn't for me, but thanks" , and leave it at that. But at least you went and tried it. There's a saying by Mark Twain, "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover...."

I wish I had known of all the programs they offer here - I didn't quite realize how many there were until about my sophomore year. I would've liked to have gotten involved with some of them my freshman year. But it's all good.

John

That a lot of your friends will forget about you once you go to college, dont hang on too tightly.

How to separate my social life from my academic life.

That there are very few girls at this school.

Patrick

Stevens is focused on students' careers and offers good education but greedy, has a terrible male-female ratio, puts too much money and effort into the Buisness & Technology program, and is unfortunately in New Jersey.

Find more information about schools and find more schools.

Stevens is concerned with teachings its studends to become engineers and are practical about doing so. Because of this, starting salaries are high.

Stevens Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.