Stevenson, MD
Stevenson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stevenson University

Miranda

Whenever I first heard about the University of Central Missouri I was told they had a very high amount of students with sexually transmitted diseases. Although I am not sure of that fact I do know that there is a large diversity of people attending and working at UCM.

If I could go back in time I would tell my high school alternate self that she should spend less time with her friends and get a second job because paying for college is not as simple as getting as many loans as possible. The application processes are difficult without a cosigner. I would also argue that if she did not want to get a job she should spend more time studying in hopes for academic scholarships because college is nothing like high school. It is unfortunate that my past-self might ignore my warnings but I would not give up until she understood that I am from the future and I have experienced college and it is a lot more than social gatherings and parties it is something she will really have to work on and devote all of her attention to in order to be successful.

When I tell my friend's about my school I brag mostly about the wonderful professors I have had in class so far. I also enjoy telling them about our work out facilities.

Kurt

If I ever had the opportunity to go back in the time and tell myself what I need to do to prepare for college, the first thind i'd do would be to start off telling myself, I really need to find the right college for me. Second I'd tell myself how important it is to get the grades and test scores in order to earn scholarships or financial aid. I got myself stuck in between a rock and a hard place right now and I'm regratting every moment of it. I made the mistake of just picking up my stuff and moving to Florida where I currently attend Full Sail University. I knew little about the school and found that I didn't like it and that it just wasn't the school for me. Now i'm trying to come up with the moeny to where I'll be able to transfer to an actual four-year university. Without scholarships none of this will be possible and I never had the grades nor test schools needed to get academic scholarshops. If i ever had the chance to change my life that's how i would prepare.

Sade

I would tell myself to be more social and not to let the stress get to you. I was so overwelmed with tring to maintain a social life and school life I completely shutdown and became an anti-social insomniac. Thankfully the staff at my school noticed and after talking to a first year advisor i got back on track. Sadly my grades suffered which is sad because the work wasnt that hard. I would explain to myself parties and clubs can come during another time, but now this is for establishing yourself as an individual and not caring about who did what and who went where. And lastly I would tell myself that everyone has stress and sitting alone in the dark won't do anything so get up and study with your friends dance in the shower but just realize this is OUR life so don't MESS THIS UP!

The staff, I love how involved they are with you. If you have a proble they will make it there priority to see you and talk to you.

The size of my school is the frustrating because, everyone knows everything about everyone. And this sometimes becomes very bothersome. The size also reminds me of the high school and I would like it if it were a place I could explore.

Colleges know how difficult the transition from high school to college can be. They try to make it easier by providing services and events. These can be surprisingly helpful. If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take advantage of the services the college I chose offered. One thing in particular that I wish I had taken advantage of was a sleepover night on campus. A lot of colleges offer you the chance to spend the night or a weekend on campus. I wish I had taken that opportunity because it would have given me a better picture of life on campus. It also might have diminished the shock of the transition. If nothing else, it would have given me a chance to get to know people on campus before move-in day. A good college will give you plenty of opportunities to adjust to life on campus. If I could go back in time, I would warn myself not to dismiss these events. Sometimes they seem a little weird, but good things hide in weird places. Let the college help you; that?s what they?re there for!

Kelly

My classmates are creative, intelligent and out-of-the-box thinkers whose developing skill sets and study habits are greatly helping to succeed and achieve their goals.

My school is very dedicated to finding students good jobs after graduation. With the various events sponsored such as career fairs, interviews, and resume writing students are extremely well prepared to enter the work force in their major field. Also, my school has one of the top programs in the nation for the Accounting majors which assures students in this field that they will be ready to take on real life situations. Also, the school is pretty affordable for a private college and the campuses are constantly expanding to become more diverse as a university.

I would tell myself to make sure that I am prepared to become much more independent. Living life on campus is a great experience because it allows to get a feel for what it is like to be on your own for a little while. But I'd also warn myself to not let others try to slow me down. The students on campus are friendly and nice but I always need to remember the reason that I came to college, not only to better myself in education but realize who I am and who I could be. I'd tell myself to not get caught up in anything like drinking alcohol in the dorms even if the weekends are boring. I would also tell myself to become very involved with campus activities whether it includes activities that help with my career or just fun activities. I'd tell myself to always make sure I have sufficient time to complete my schoolwork and make time to have fun with roommates and classmates. I'd also say make friends with upperclassmen because they've been where you are so they can help you. I'd say be safe and good luck.

If I were to go back in time to talk to myself about college I talk about studying. First I would tell myself this is not a dream this is really happening, you are meeting the future you. I would then say you should pay attenton to the few words that I have for you. First I would say is you need to learn how to study on a college student level and not a high school level. Myself would say what are you talking about and I would say college requires more precision when studting and its not about the quantity its about the quality of studying. I would tell him you must not study it like you are just trying to get it over with, but study it because you want to get something out of it. I then explain to myself that final exams are the one of the most important test you will take in your college career. I tell him that could notes are a vital part of flight of success in college or the crash and burn of failure. Depending on how you take your notes depend on how well you do. So farwell.

I don't brag, I just say I got into a private university and well... you didn't. I would also talk about how my major is the best major ever because not to many people know of its benefits.

That student who live on campus feel that they are more important than those who are commuters such as myself. It makes you feel like telling them that they should try to be a commuter for a day and see what it feels like to be picked up from the campus by a parent or older sibling or having to ride the metro shuttle to the train station and have to catch a train and bus to get home. Or like on my friends who has to catch the train then catch two buses just to get her home.

Kimberly

As a senior in high school, some constant worries of mine included the daily girl drama, stressing myself out about getting good grades, and focusing on my future. I would tell myself "once your in college, things will be different" and now I know first hand. One thing I would go back in time and tell myself is that the drama continues and not to expect it to stop, although you can control this "drama" by picking a close group or friends that can be trusted. This would lead into my next piece of advice. You will only be sucessfull if you do not stress yourself. Find friends you can vent to and have well needed fun with. Stress will not make you do better on tests and assignments. Moreover, I let myself know that college, refering to coursework, is no harder than high school. The information may be more complex, but it is more interesting. These few pieces of advice are a few of the ones I pass onto my younger friends now, and I believe if they take it, they will be jsut fine in college.

Samuel

Our school has a small student-to-teacher ratio, 13-1. Also, the job placement rate after graduation is high, 96%. A well-rounded science staff, competitive sports teams and a convenient location (20 minutes from Baltimore, MD).

The advice I would give myself if I could go back in time would be to not be afraid and go out to make as many friends possible; to never be shy, always confident. I'd also tell myself to get into good study habits and work twice as hard as I already did athletically. Staying involved with the schools functions and the surrounding community would also be vital advice. Lastly, I would advise myself not to change my personality for anyone or anything; that I should just keep being myself and to enjoy life.

The worst thing about our school, is that we must immediately vacate the residence halls for spring break, winter break and Thanksgiving break. Just for mere convinience, we should be allowed to leave when we're ready to leave.

Continue to be organized and well prepared. Never procrastinate. Be social, but know that education always comes first!

A person who does not want to succeed.

The dorms at my school are new and very nice. The education department is wonderful. They expect alot out of you, but you will be well prepared for the future.

Stevenson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.