Stevenson, MD
Stevenson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stevenson University

Chelsea

My classmates are great people and really fun to work with.

My classmates are great people and really fun to work with.

So far, considering I am only a college freshman, I have gotten so much out of my college experience. I have made new friends, taken new classes that are really fun and have been involved in many activities. It has been valuable to attend college because I am learning new things and having a great experience. College is meant to help achieve knowledge in order to be able to make it in the "real" world and it is a lot of fun.

People who don't like smaller classes, doing fun on-campus activities and people who don't like working with others should not attend my school.

Chanaye

My classmates are friendly, fun, outgoing, and polite.

My classmates are friendly, fun, outgoing, and polite.

The number of graduates that get a job in the business world.

I have learned alot of valuable information that i can use in the world and it is important to attend college because you further your education and you establish a future for yourself.

Chelsea

Calm, cool, laid back, and down to earth.

Calm, cool, laid back, and down to earth.

I have only attended for half a semester but I already know that this was the greatest and best decision of my life. I am very happy with it and I will attribute every great thing in my future to my edcation. It has been valuable to attend beause in this world, no matter the amount of street smarts you have, book smarts are what will get you places.

Yanita

We are school that puts students first even when they feel that they don't come first.

What I have gotten out of my college experience and what makes me attending college valuable are the learning beyond opportunites and career architecture. At Stevenson Unviersity (previously named Villa Julie College) they pride themselves off of learning beyond opportunities. I am thankful to have been able to experience the benefits of learning beyond when I was selected to go to James Madison University this summer in order to conduct research in the field of organic chemistry. I was able to present my research at the annual American Chemical Society Exposition as well as I was payed a very nice stipend! This research experience allowed me to get a taste of what I could expect in my field of interest (chemistry and forensic science). I was also able to apply the knowledge I acquired during that summer of research to the following semester when I took Organic Chemistry for the first time. This learning beyond experience helped to mold my perception of the real world and what to experience in my career and for that, I am forever greatful.

I wish I would've known how demanding the course work/load would be.

reginlad

My college experience has literally been the best and worse thing I've gone through in my life. On the positive side, I've experienced things I would have never been expected to experience. Especially growing up in the inner city of Baltimore where almost everyone in my class in elementary school is either dead, in jail, or pregnant with atleast two kids. But on the other hand this experience has had a dark side. I felt a lonliness and heartbreak over my time that I never thought I would feel. This literally almost killed me but now it is just another memory I can put into my book of experiences. So as my college experience near and in I kinda relate my life to Lou Gehrig's final words in his speech. " I've had a few bad breaks but I've got an awaful lot to live for."

A person that can say something in four words while other take 100.

Brandon

My class mates are so funny that i enjoy class every single day.

My class mates are so funny that i enjoy class every single day.

1) Do a lot of everything, so long as it's legal and relatively safe. 2) Nowhere else in life will you be around so many different people with such diverse and similar interests at the same time. Reach out to people; you will make lifelong friends and grow tremendously during this period. 3) Don't take college for granted. It will pass you by before you know it, and you can never really go back to that stage in life without feeling awkward.

Only thing that I dont like is its a small school that has less than 5,000 people. I wanted to go to a school that has over 10,000 people but i wanted to play football so thats why.

When I was a junior in high school I decided to persue a major in Graphic Design. Although I had some experience with digital art I was terrified knowing I had to take drawing and painting classes. I have always been creative, but by no means am I Picasso or even close. However, diving in I realized I was not half as bad as I assumed. After finishing a few drawings and paintings I could honeslty pat myself on the back. I couldn't believe I had actually completed some of my art assignments myself. I learned to never under estimate myslef, becasue part of the college experience is exploring ideas and talents out of your comfort zone. I read a quote that as a artist I really grew to appriciate. "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." The best part about being a designer is having the freedom to be original and having your own style is ok. An effective design never starts out as a master piece. It's a long process of making mistakes and growing. When I graduate I'm ready to step out of my comfort zone.

The types of people that should attend Stevenson are students that want a small school that is able to give each student special attention. Professors are east to make meetings with an willing to help out any way they can.

We don't recieve unrealistic homework assignments. Peers from other schools have 10 page papers and ridiculous amounts of reading, but Stevenson professors generally take in consideration the busy lives of college students. I also brag alot, because our campus always cancels for snow even if conditions are not completly terrible, which is really nice.

My school is small and has two campuses.

My school is small and has two campuses.

My time at Stevenson University (formerly known as Villa Julie College) molds me into a precise and well-rounded student. During my studies, I learn pertinent life and career skills needed to adapt and succeed in my field of study, which is Accounting. With my challenging major and general education courses, I obtain a higher level of analytical and critical thinking skills. Within each of my classes, I must maintain a high level of work ethic, while truly retaining the information through studying concepts learned in class and applying the same concepts outside the classroom. Through applying concepts in and out of the classroom, I embark on a journey to sharpen my critical thinking abilities and reach greater mental status. By achieving this complex mentality, I will mature into a stable and successful citizen that is a valuable to society.

A person who has a strong emphasis on a sports career or a person who does not take their academic work seriously.

Brian

My classmates are as different and diverse as all the fish in the sea; a wonderful array of fascinating people who all wish to succeed and strive to do well just like me.

A year ago, I was sitting in my twelfth grade classes waiting to be at college. Now, I'm sitting in my college classes soaking up information I know will be used for my career. I definitely had ?senioritis?; I was ready to be out of High School, and in feeling that way, I know I probably did not pay as much attention as I should have the final months of school. Knowing how hard college has been and how intense the work load is, I would tell twelfth grade self to not slack off, to shape up and get used to working long arduous hours to reap the benefits of success. It can be said I breezed through senior year, but there?s no way I can say that about freshman year of college. So if I were able to talk to myself a year ago, my apathetic and anxious self, I would say, ?Shape up and sit up, don?t think that this is not worth your time. Senior year will ease you into freshman year if you let it. Don?t let the work push you away this year, or it will pull you in next year.?

When I brag about my school, I could go on for hours. The open atmosphere of the classrooms and the strong work ethic instilled in students makes learning fun and readily achieved. The Science Department is always there to help me out with any concerns I may have about my classes or future career. I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with my degree, but I'm 100% sure where I want to earn it! I wouldn't pick any other school, it just doesn't make sense to me to be anywhere than where I am.

amanda

Take more medical courses as you can in your last year of high school. Don't goof off in your car so you will have transpertation to and from school in chattanooga.College is not like what you imagined.it is a lot more fun than anyone said it is.you will like it

Stevenson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.