Fredonia, NY
SUNY at Fredonia

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY at Fredonia

Tracey
Fredonia Love

I love it! Best 4 years hands down. It's a great school and has opened a lot of doors for it's graduates.

Fredonia Love

Susanh

Since I have not gone up to see the campus yet I cannot give an overall opinion of this school.

Cannot give an answer to this question since I am currently not enrolled.

Cannot give an opinion on that at the moment since I am still not enrolled at the college.

I will not be enrolled until the fall semester of 2015, so hopefully they have super interesting classes in my selected major which is computer science.

Andrea

As a biology major and leadership studies minor, I took a variety of classes. For the most part, students were motivated and willing to help each other. They were competetive, but often studied in groups and explained things to each other. Most classes were diverse in race, gender, ethnicity, and age. Many classes include students from a variety of disciplines which makes class discussions very interesting.

Be sure to take advantage of living in close proximity to a variety of students on campus, especially your freshman year. Make friends and learn from those around you. Take advantage of the large number of clubs and activities and do thing that will be fun as well as beneficial. There are tons of volunteer and community service opportunities, that should be a strong point on all of your applications. You are at an art school so be sure to go to shows, musicals, art galleries, and even take classes out of your comfort zone. Be sure to build relationships with the faculty and staff. They will help you if you ask for it, but will not volunteer their time if you are not interested in it. Get help as soon as you are struggling with material rather than wait for your grades to show you're not getting it. Join study groups and take advantage of the free tutoring center. Most of all, take some time out of the library because after graduation you have to get a job and grow up!

Professors function as the academic advisors and often are not fully qualified to assist students. I sought assistance from the career development office and did extensive research, but many other students who did not pay attention to requirements for graduation or graduate programs were not on track. Many advisors are great, but if you are with one who is not as knowledgable you must recognize this and seek help from others.

Diana

Getting more information on what the cost of college and what would be the cost of going to a private university. Do more detailed research on different schools and the cost of them. Get more information about financial aid. Talk to many other people who went to college to give me tips and advice for college. Consider going to a community college first for two years to take my general studies. Then go to a University to finish my education to get my bachelors degree. Talk to the guidance counselor to know what steps to take to for college and getting information on scholarships. So I can be prepared to go to college. It would have been cheaper for me to have this information for college. Instead of having to go back to community college and missed a school year. Make sure you check all of the resources to get all the free money that you are eligible for so you do not have to take out loans. Make sure you do a lot of research before you go to college. Doing all of these will help you transition smoothly into college and lead you into less debt.

James

I would tell myself to pull your potential out of bum, and take AP courses designed to further you in college. I would also say "life isn't about achievements; it is rather about the goals, mutual support and accomplishments intermingled that count.

I wish I would have known how painstaking it is for a transfer student to get in a few selected classes for the degree program.

A person who will not take academics seriously. Anyone who is too much of an introvert to socialize with other students as well.

Keith

I would tell myself to shoot for the moon, to never doubt myself, and put my all into everything I want to do. College does not have time for students who do not try hard or who do not want to succeed.

I believe the student population is too little. With a greater population, students would be challanged more academically as a result of more competition.

Someone who likes small classes, wants to get to know professors well, and who would be interested in working with professors on independent research projects.

Carly

If I could go back and talk to my senior self I would remind myself about preserverence. I would tell myself that life is lived to its fullest by recieving an education. My college experience has changed my life for the best. Even though would not of believed it then. I would have told myself that I will love all the new knowledge I will gain , people I will meet, and skills I will learn. I would tell myself not to worry ,that everything was going to work out, and that God has a plan for me. Follow the path that you know deep down you are destined for and your greatness will blossom. Most importatantly I would tell myself that the past doesnt matter now. All that matters is the road ahead and that the future will be bright.

Lindsay

Fredonia is very accepting and welcoming!

Fredonia is very accepting and welcoming!

Hello Lindsay. I am you, two years in the future. You're getting ready to go to college and there are a few things that you need to know. The most important thing: everything will be okay. I know you are worried, it's in your nature. But trust me, after a year and a half at Fredonia, you are in love. You are in love with the campus and the community. I know that right now you are worried about fitting in, and acquiring freedom you do not currently have. But you will fit in just fine with all of the right people, and yes you will abuse your freedom sometimes, but you will learn from your own mistakes and grow as a person. Secondly, do not be afraid to ask for help and to take care of yourself! You are still struggling with yourself right now, and will continue to for a while, but there are people on campus specifically to help you; take advantage of that! Overall, keep worrying, it helps make me who I am now as the future you. Go to Fredonia, learn and grow; academically and as a person.

The most frustrating thing is that there are only two dining halls so food options are pretty limited.

Fredonia is very open arms about diversity.

Fredonia is very open arms about diversity.

Senior Jenn,The transition from high school to college may seem like freedom but you really need to prioritize. Time and money need to be at the top of your priorities now so that once you get here, you already have an idea of how it works. First things first, stop taking the easy route and buying food to refuel for practice; pack a snack from home. This will easily cut back on unnecessary money being spent. Also, do those scholarships! Those are simple essays or surveys that just require a little bit of your free time and your genius thoughts. You wont regret rejecting an invite to a movie or going bowling when you win that money; may it be $50, $700, or even $2,000, it’s still aiding to your college debt. Time is a factor no one can control; you can’t go back so make the most of every second. The balance between sleep, school, and health is important. All-nighters are unhealthy for the brain, avoid them. Naps are your friend. Don’t procrastinate but also give yourself time to relax occasionally so you don’t overload yourself. Best of luck,Future Jenn

The social interaction. Everyone is super friendly and caring.

Ashante

We, at Fredonia, breed success and we bleed blue!

We, at Fredonia, breed success and we bleed blue!

We are FRED Heads forever more!

Dear Ashante, I know you're stressing out right now, but i'm here with some insight. Its going to be hard at first being away from home and you will be home sick for a few, but you've got to be a big girl. You got this. Keep your head up, and remember who you are. It's easy to lose sight of you are without those people you normally have around you to do that for you. Don't let your kindness be taken advantage of. Be kind, but be respected. You'll do great, no matter all the doubts you have. You got this kiddo... Love you:)

SUNY at Fredonia administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.