Laredo, TX
Texas A & M International University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas A & M International University

Yolanda

My overall opinion is that is a very good university, people are very helpful and always willing to help you, they always try to work it out if you have any problem, they are very very nice, the quality of the professor is just excellent i do really love this university.

Huini

Its ok. This school does not have a lot to offer, but what is expected from Laredo? TAMIU is the only university in/near Webb county. Plenty kids come flocking here to get an education or live the college life. The acceptance rate is high, the application is small. Its very cheap but also probably the best education for most of the students attending. That said, if you want to save money for a decent degree, you can come here. But you'll need to focus on your degree and only your degree. Personally going there, I hated it. The layout had few trees, the heat on the pavement was overwhelming, the classes were in dated buildings, and the entire campus felt like it was high school. I also was really into film, and even though there are a select few who try so hard (in vain) to provide Laredo with art culture, the school just didnt fit my academic needs at the time. I ended up getting severe depression and taking medical time off to heal after an "accident". However, truth be told this is a pretty alright school. Academics arent the best, its pretty easy to get a 4.0 and feels like high school, but you have plenty of opportunity to speak to professors or explore the library. The tuition is cheap, and cost of living in the city is low so you will save a LOT of money. Degrees from there do help you out in terms of a career, and many people either study there for two years and transfer to a more challenging school OR get a degree and study graduate at a more challenging school OR get a degree and get a job in Laredo. The school is also good in international business, so kudos to all those business majors out there. The downside is Laredo. I grew up my entire life there, but my family is not originally from Laredo and I accidentally inheirited their dislike for the city. Why are they here, you ask? Stepping stone: low cost of living and job market. Anyway, TAMIU can be really boring outside of class. There are clubs, but they arent very active. Laredo does not have a lot to do except clubbing maybe. Even then they arent good clubs no matter what anyone tells you. Opportunities are also limited because, you guessed it! Laredo! There is not a lot of festivals, research, business, or political play here (once again native Laredoans will argue but they never experienced what a city of Laredo's size is actually capable of). The weather also sucks. Its extremely hot and for some reason someone decided it was a wonderful idea to plant the trees along the buildings rather than along the sidewalks where people actually walk. I think theyre making progress on that, but its still too hot. The campus is small and is pretty ugly, and there isnt much to do there either (most campuses have entertainment areas or common areas with tvs and games and anything else fun; TAMIU has a cafeteria). It is actually a pretty boring university. But on the upside there are a lot of friendly faces (though most of them all know each other from high school), professors are nice, classes are decent and the degree might just be worth it! Lots of people come here for a better life, including my own parents, so I understand it may be all that some people can do. But hey, if youre coming here then youre still on your first step to a degree! But if you had the choice of here or UT, well thats no competition. HOOK EM \m/

Joanna

I love the university, to be honest. I leave it 4 stars because it's still expanding and it's on its way to becoming bigger and better, but it's great! The professors that I've had so far are dedicated to their classes and care about you learning the subject. They make sure to tell students to remember that they have office hours and that they will gladly help you with anything you need, but you have to go to them first, or they will never be able to help you. The students are probably not completely extroverted, but those in student organizations are, and talking to anyone isn't too hard, especially because the majority don't mind if you need to ask them something for a moment, especially if you're a classmate, although they may be surprised to be talking to a stranger, but that's nothing too odd at a university. With its calm atmosphere, TAMIU is pretty nice, especially with how its programs are expanding and the tuition is one of the most affordable out there.

Texas A& M International University atmosphere does feels like a University. There are some students that are social when you get to meet them. The events are pretty mellow. The subject is very challenging, but you do learn.

judit
ghf gfj gydu

hjghjfff

ghf gfj gydu

hjghjfff

Abraham

Great! I love the environment and helpful people. This college isn't bad for a hometown college.

The students are okay... Some are great to work with and some not so much. I work with the ones who actually care about school.

Love the sports that they offer. It gives me a reason to take a break with my friends and enjoy a game.

Carlos

I would totally make myslef do better in school. I would tell myslef to start looking for scholarships early, and to apply early for everything. Basically i will tell myslef to be more responsible, and mature about college.

Alejandra

My more responsible, prioritized, and proactive self would tell my lazy, care-free, and who fancied procrastination to, “Get off the couch and Facebook!!!” You see everyone would advise me to apply as many scholarships I could and start applying to the universities of my first choice, but my un-prioritized senior-self thought it was more important to find a prom dress and attend all senior events. You see my logic during that time was that I deserved a break from rigorous schoolwork. Yes, you are correct to think how foolish it was of me to pity myself as a burnt-out high school student as I now do. Therefore, if I possessed the ability to time travel, I would tell my younger self to stop pitying myself and start applying for scholarships because I was going to need it to pay for school, stop thinking that TAMIU will be easy, and most importantly STOP PROCRASTINATING! After I scream at myself to take action, I would offer some words of comfort and tell myself that even though it is hard to be a physical therapist and it would take six excruciating years, I know I or she will survive.

The best thing about Texas A&M International University (the main reason why I decided to attend this university) was its affordability. When I was deciding which university to go to, I took into consideration the amount of money it would take me to complete my education, because I am dependent on a single parent, who is also caring for two other children (one of them being autistic). Therefore, I decided to attend this university since it offers affordable classes and provides a substantial amount of financial aid to students.

I haven't really encountered anything frustrating about this university, since I am just seeking to complete my undergraduate studies. However, there are a few things that are annoying. For example, it is sometimes difficult to find a convenient parking space (I don't really mind) and the main offices are located far from the classes. However, these things are only annoyances they are not the cause of mass frustration.

Andrea

It's cheap. Not as cheap as the local community college, but cheap compared to the rest of Texas's universities. Not only that, but it offers pretty darn good stuff--computers everywhere, a decent library, vending machines in every building (even if some rip you off every now and then), free health services, study abroad, and a couple of awesome professors. It's not perfect, but it's still very well liked. Oh, and the nature in TAMIU is wonderful. Our city lacks nature.

DO. NOT. PROCRASTINATE. Dear mother of a dog, just don't! You will regret you ever said, "I work well under pressure." Not only is that utter bull, but in college that sort of mindset will kill a grade level! I got two Bs because of it. You HATE Bs don't you? You accept nothing but As, right? Then do as I say and finish your work early. Devote your spare time to research and drafting papers. Study. Yes. STUDY. It's not hard! Just write stuff over and over. And highlight. That method has always worked for us, it seems. Flashcards help, too. Another thing, make sure you keep practicing you scales; major, minor, and chromatic! You must ingrain the mechanics and sounds in that hard head of yours. YOU MUST. If you want to keep playing you have to know those scales. I know they're annoying, but they're like the alphabet to music or something. Please, please, please do as I say here. These were the three major issues I had in college so far. Good luck, naive me, good luck.

Those who feel they MUST have a degree should not go to TAMIU. Those who HATE reading and writing essays should not go to TAMIU. Those who are spoiled rotten should not go to TAMIU until they mature; because college isn't nice to children headed adults.

Cristina

My classmates are really cooperative and comprising people. In all my classes, the students range from ages 17 - 25. They are really respectful and there hasn't been any problems that I have had with them. They show really good sportsmanship when it comes to reading essays outloud. There really isn't anything negative I can say about my peers in Texas A&M International University except, they're a good group of people to work with and be grouped in.

If I could go back in time I would say to my high schol self to not be afraid of the future. I would go up to myself during freshman year and grab my shoulders, I would freak myself out and then proceed to tell myself to learn how to take risks and not shy away from those clubs and organization opportunities that were handed to me and that I threw aside. I would tell myself that there is an amazing University that is awaiting my arrival and to not slack off that freshman year (because that's the year that my GPA really was hit hard.) I would also encourage myself to speak to people and not wait for them to speak to me. Till this day I know alot of my friends that tell me that we would've known each other sooner if I would've been the first to speak. Another thing that I would tell my past self is to concentrate on my studies a little more and worry about finding love later on during college. The last thing I would tell myself is to make sure that I apply for more scholarships.

TAMIU is a University for anyone who is willing to pursue higher education and is willing to be involved in school activities. Here in TAMIU there is never nothing to do, there is always something going on whether it's a school event, a club event, or a dormitory activity. TAMIU allows students to particiapte in many activities that way students that are away from home won't miss home that much. All in all, if you are a student that loves to keep active and socialize, then TAMIU is a great choice for you.

Texas A & M International University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.