Texas A & M International University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Texas A & M International University

Aleila

I really enjoy attending this school. I would recommend it to anyone that is currently looking to attend a University that is not so expensive. The students and staff are so ffriendly and very willingly to help anyone that is in need or new to TAMIU. GO DUSTDEVILS!!!

Joanna

I love the university, to be honest. I leave it 4 stars because it's still expanding and it's on its way to becoming bigger and better, but it's great! The professors that I've had so far are dedicated to their classes and care about you learning the subject. They make sure to tell students to remember that they have office hours and that they will gladly help you with anything you need, but you have to go to them first, or they will never be able to help you. The students are probably not completely extroverted, but those in student organizations are, and talking to anyone isn't too hard, especially because the majority don't mind if you need to ask them something for a moment, especially if you're a classmate, although they may be surprised to be talking to a stranger, but that's nothing too odd at a university. With its calm atmosphere, TAMIU is pretty nice, especially with how its programs are expanding and the tuition is one of the most affordable out there.

Mia

I find TAMIU to be an excellent school. It is not an extremely large school, which makes walking to classes easier. The professors are really nice and understanding. If you have a question about anything, there is always someone who is willing to help. When I am on campus, I feel at home.

Caroline

The University has a very nice outdoors campus, but people don't get involved as much as you would expect. There should be more celebrations, more interactive projects around the campus. The professors go above and beyond for their students and they help out as much as they can.

karina

There are many activities and organizations you can join. The staff is very friendly and will try their best to answer any questions you have. The professors are always trying to help with any questions you might have and are very understanding. It is also well known to be diverse and inclusive to all races, genders and classes. Students are friendly and helpful, so making friends is easy.

Oyucky

Texas A&M International University is one of the most excelling universities across Texas! Our university provides countless opportunities that lead to our future careers. Through extra curricular activities and sports, TAMIU makes sure all students are fulfilled with an amazing college experience.

Huini

Its ok. This school does not have a lot to offer, but what is expected from Laredo? TAMIU is the only university in/near Webb county. Plenty kids come flocking here to get an education or live the college life. The acceptance rate is high, the application is small. Its very cheap but also probably the best education for most of the students attending. That said, if you want to save money for a decent degree, you can come here. But you'll need to focus on your degree and only your degree. Personally going there, I hated it. The layout had few trees, the heat on the pavement was overwhelming, the classes were in dated buildings, and the entire campus felt like it was high school. I also was really into film, and even though there are a select few who try so hard (in vain) to provide Laredo with art culture, the school just didnt fit my academic needs at the time. I ended up getting severe depression and taking medical time off to heal after an "accident". However, truth be told this is a pretty alright school. Academics arent the best, its pretty easy to get a 4.0 and feels like high school, but you have plenty of opportunity to speak to professors or explore the library. The tuition is cheap, and cost of living in the city is low so you will save a LOT of money. Degrees from there do help you out in terms of a career, and many people either study there for two years and transfer to a more challenging school OR get a degree and study graduate at a more challenging school OR get a degree and get a job in Laredo. The school is also good in international business, so kudos to all those business majors out there. The downside is Laredo. I grew up my entire life there, but my family is not originally from Laredo and I accidentally inheirited their dislike for the city. Why are they here, you ask? Stepping stone: low cost of living and job market. Anyway, TAMIU can be really boring outside of class. There are clubs, but they arent very active. Laredo does not have a lot to do except clubbing maybe. Even then they arent good clubs no matter what anyone tells you. Opportunities are also limited because, you guessed it! Laredo! There is not a lot of festivals, research, business, or political play here (once again native Laredoans will argue but they never experienced what a city of Laredo's size is actually capable of). The weather also sucks. Its extremely hot and for some reason someone decided it was a wonderful idea to plant the trees along the buildings rather than along the sidewalks where people actually walk. I think theyre making progress on that, but its still too hot. The campus is small and is pretty ugly, and there isnt much to do there either (most campuses have entertainment areas or common areas with tvs and games and anything else fun; TAMIU has a cafeteria). It is actually a pretty boring university. But on the upside there are a lot of friendly faces (though most of them all know each other from high school), professors are nice, classes are decent and the degree might just be worth it! Lots of people come here for a better life, including my own parents, so I understand it may be all that some people can do. But hey, if youre coming here then youre still on your first step to a degree! But if you had the choice of here or UT, well thats no competition. HOOK EM m/

Andrea

I love it! It really helped me interact more and explore many options in my field of study! I recently transferred from Laredo College and at the beginning I was nervous in how my first semester in TAMIU would be, but thanks to everyone there they made my first semester there awesome!

judit

hjghjfff

Mariana

I honestly love it. Despite what many think, it is a university like any other. There are some bad eggs but the ones that are here to learn prevail. There is a sense of pride knowing that this university is in your home and how there are always many opportunities to improve. There are vast studnet organizations to join and volunteering to give back to the community is an honor. There is no place I would rather be. GO DUST 'EM DEVILS!!!!

Fernando

Texas A & M International University is the kind of University where professors now you by name to name! And when you need questions answered TAMIU provides a friendly environment to get answers. Overall its a small university but it being small it makes getting a degree easier.

nicolas

Texas A&M International University is a beautifully oriented campus that allows for a laid back degree pursuing experience. The campus itself is located in a brush country environment that is most of the time inhabited by a variety of wildlife species, however they provide no harm at all to the students if only they elegantly portray the true heart of the city of which TAMIU is located in, Laredo, TX. The people are very diverse however the overall ambient is truly hospitable and the alumni are very open as to communicating with other students both in class and out of class. As for the actual academic phase of the school, TAMIU is a very intellectually oriented environment that enhances the students learning capabilities to ensure that they are provided with the necessary tools required in the actual workforce. TAMIU staff and instructors are very open to their students and are very understanding when it comes to the student's performance in the classroom. Their availability is to the full extent throughout their office hours and even provide full disclosure as to reaching them outside of their regular schedules due to ensuring you intake the maximum knowledge and assistance possible. The room and boarding provided by the campus has exceptional features that allow students to maintain normal everyday lives, as well having the necessary requirements to execute their tasks as university alumni. The dorms are extremely, if anything, connected to the actual campus, which allow for students to get to class on foot or in skateboard and bicycles. The TAMIU student center (campus cafeteria), offers a variety of breakfast, lunch, and dinner alternatives, and also offers a full on buffet known as the dusty diner. As for the campus pricing, TAMIU is one of the most affordable 4 year universities in South Texas, and proves to fully extend their services for that price. Overall TAMIU is a great university both for incoming undergraduate students, and graduate students seeking to pursue a quality education.

Texas A& M International University atmosphere does feels like a University. There are some students that are social when you get to meet them. The events are pretty mellow. The subject is very challenging, but you do learn.

denisse

Texas A & M International University is a good college the environment is good and the students are very friendly. The professors are really helpful inside and outside class. Overall the campus promotes a safetly environment and ecological environment for the wildlife, not leading hunters inside the campus.

Marisa

Overall it is a fairly small and close knit university. Not to mention the culture here is extraordinary. When I first arrived I had a huge culture shock! There are also lots of on campus events; there's bound to be a few you will enjoy. Teachers are friendly and usually available and always understanding. The overall look of the campus is older and outdated compared to my last university, but its still a great university nonetheless. They also have excellent housing options (cost is another story). Their prices are considerably cheap compared to most colleges, but to someone poor like me it doesn't make much of a difference, ha"

Jorge

it is a lot of fun and all the benches and friendly people keep me from getting stressed. Although the extra curricular activities arent much they do seem to have some really pumped participants. teachers are always helpful and dedicate time to helping their students learn.

alma

It is a bit small for my taste, but for the price, it is alright at best. On-campus life is a bit dead when regarding atmosphere. Little to no food options; you'll get tired of it within a semester. There's always something going on in the student center but never something for everyone (at least from what I've seen). Professors (for the most part) make students feel more connected with lots of discussion and two-way lectures. They also always have concrete office hours and are easy to set appointments with; I never had a professor that was difficult to contact or discuss grades with. Staff members at the student center are extremely kind and honestly deliver some of the best customer services.

Fernando

The first time I visited Texas A&M International University I was amazed by the facilities of the entire campus, It was unbelievable; it has a great architecture, great space, beautiful gardens and very clean. When I came to TAMIU for information about admissions, I received a very nice service from the employees that worked in the admissions offices, they were polite and caring. They solved any doubts I had at that moment with no problem. I have been told that the education in TAMIU is well recognized around the country and the world, which is very important to me. I got the opportunity to speak with some of the students of the university the day I went there, they told me that all the educations programs were remarkable; highly recommended. I liked the administration of the university, I got to know an employee who helped me with the scholarships information. I believe that Texas A&M International University is well known university, with an amazing diverse culture in which all the students can develop all their interests in fields like; sports, arts, education, etc. TAMIU got my attention the moment I walked in by the very first time; and me as a Mexican, it was all new for me because I´ve never seen anything like that anywhere in Mexico. That’s why I´m interested in studying in TAMIU and accomplish my dream. That´s why I need the scholarship, because I want to study here but is very hard to afford it now.

Yolanda

My overall opinion is that is a very good university, people are very helpful and always willing to help you, they always try to work it out if you have any problem, they are very very nice, the quality of the professor is just excellent i do really love this university.

Angelica

It is on of my favorite schools. It is very safe, they have emergency call polls around the campus. It has a beautiful scenery. Professors make time for students. There aren't fights. Laredo tends to be hot ,but there is always a breeze. The classes are easy if you try. If professors say read the book, it is because it will help a lot.

Vivian

The professors are engaged and eager to teach and everyone on campus is friendly and wants to be there. There are a lot of extra curricular activities on campus. Although the school isn't very diverse, students are accepting to other people and their cultures

Rodolfo

It is a small school that has a lot to be discovered, with many activities, friendly faces, and great classes. When I first entered into this school I didn't expect much but I proudly say that this school isn't just a great place to study, but it is the place I proudly call my home.

Amber

I've heard a lot of good things about the professors, which is the reason I'm going there. Things are easy to find around campus, but there's a lot of walking. I really like all the things that are included in the tuition. There's counseling, sports events, the recreational center, a tutoring center, and a writing center to help out the students.

ayoub

I think that the school has a very diverse environment, it is very calm and easy to study. the school has a big nature environment that help students be peaceful and it has many resources that help out the students in making their learning experience more easy.

Lillian

I love the university, I know there are many other universities in the country that could be way better but the tuition fees are totally worth it. All the facilities are great, they're always neat and organized. Most of the restrooms are also in great conditions. The classrooms are always clean although sometimes the desktops for some auditoriums are not very comfortable. Overall, the universities experience is great!

Ruben

It is the best of the best.

Briana

I'm very glad I came to this university because it has so many different opportunities. I'm majoring in Criminal Justice and the professors are absolutely amazing, very attentive, and understanding. I also attend the recreational center and take the classes they offer.

Jessenia

TAMIU is an appealing campus. It has several useful resources that are actually available and cater to your needs and schedule. It's more of a liberal school though, and it can be difficult to voice other views for fear of discrimination from other students and being held in a different light with professors. Other than that, the student body is mostly positive, many are on sports teams, regulqrly visit the REC and Student Center, and are legitimately there to earn a degree. Yes, there's students who do drugs but it's not on campus; the Greek societies aren't the "big party" type which is good. There's always some sort of philanthropy activity going on, speakers and events that keep us engaged in our community. The staff is respectful and always helpful and the faculty are definitely invested in their respective subjects and many have research studies where students can either participate in or help out in. Again, my overall opinion of my campus is excellent and something Laredo should be proud of. I push my friends who aren't at TAMIU to apply here because there's multiple opportunities and plenty of degree plans to chooss from if they're still undeclared. Tuition is also one of the lowest in the state and most students recieve some amount of financial aid. Being a great campus, it's no wonder we are home to thousands of international students as well.

JOSELYNE

It’s really good and it helps every student find their way around. I haven’t attended school yet, however I have gotten many emails explaining how life and education is going to be. I have made friends with teachers and student helpers and it makes me feel so much more confident going to TAMIU.

Alejandra

It is an alright campus, not too big, people are pretty friendly. The facilities are good, the housing is alright. Its a decent school. The campus size is okay it's not too big, just spaced out a bit. The classes I have are decent sizes the biggest class I have is less than 200 people. The professors know what they are doing and are available at their office hours or by email. It's a pretty okay school.

Jonathan

I love my university! I believe it is a welcoming and calm environment. Most people are friendly and you also get to meet students from around the world. The professors are professional and always provide office hours to help students in their academic success.

Mayra

I love it we have everything at our fingertips tutoring, food, and everything. We work hard and play hard. There is also a wide variety of events to help you wind down after exam week. They have great clubs too. I'm in Aspiring Veterinarians Club and I love it was always my dream to be there. Its a very good school but some things can be expensive. Like food and utilities at the bookstore.

Jesus

Texas A&M International University is a great place to study at. People here are nice and helpful. Everyone is challenged academically, and study abroad is highly encouraged. There are many clubs to chose from, and activities to participate. There are also many resources that the university provides to help students with their academics. Overall I believe TAMIU is a good choice as a university.

Kiana

I love it so much, I cannot wait to attend as a student. I look forward to the next school year for a new beginning here at Texas A & M International University!! The environment around campus is beautiful and peaceful. Nature is amazing and makes you feel like your working in a comfortable place.

Erick

I really like studying here at Tamiu. There are many ways to have an outstanding college experience. Whether you are a sports guy or a intellectual, there is always something for you. The academic level is high, and the campus life is very fun. I would never plan to transfer. I really like it here.

Karolina

I think that it is a really good environment to work in and I would love to be part of it someday.

Vanessa

We are an international university, so we shine with our international involvement whether its amongst our students, organizations, or study abroad opportunities! It is a smaller Texas campus, so the access to all your educational needs beyond accessible.

Altheea

Texas A & M International University is an overall amazing campus. The professors know their area of teaching, the classes are a good size, and there are plenty of activities to do around the campus, inside and out. Speaking of the campus, the campus is beautiful all around. I highly recommend this school to anybody looking to further their education.

Rolando

In my opinion this college environment is ideal for anyone who wants a pleasant college experience , fun , peace , but also a good teaching place no matter where you go or are around the campus , the wildlife is so vivid here tons of deer , skunks , raccoons , friendly as can be we coexist here , its an amazing experience for anyone who is looking for a college that is peacefully pleasant .

Mayra

The students are always looking for a party. Just like in high school every one has their clicks when it comes to hanging out. Teachers do try to help as much as they can. The office staff can be pretty annoying at time they never help you enough or they don' t know. They seem to all always be on a different page. There are a lot of services as far as to help you succeed in school it just might take time for you to find how you learn best. Dorm room life is okay at least you can have your own room to your self. The buildings are okay to live in and there are always cool activities to do.

Reyna

When I graduated from high school I was planning on going to a community college, however thanks to the recruiters of Texas A&M International University who help me out in the transition from high school to college I was able to obtain good financial aid and pay for tuition. I love the environment and the help that the faculty and staff provide to each student. They always try to help out students succeed, especially if they are first generation students like me. I love this campus, and would definitely encourage others to become a Dustdevil and join the various organizations that we have here.

Salma

It is a wonderful place to attend. It has inspired me to go above and beyond. I always look forward to attending class. I am proud to say I am a student of this fantastic university, always motivating their students to strive for more and to be involved. I feel at home because everyone in campus is so welcoming .

Jacquelin

It is a great school that provides many opportunities for their students. All students and faculty are very friendly and are always willing to help. There is a great atmosphere and there are always events going on around school. The professors are very active and are open to having office hours that work with your schedule.

Luna

My overall opinion of Texas A and M international University is there is a lot of extracurricular activities and great housing. Also, there is great food service and work space. There are also some fun classes like dancing and a gym to do exercise. There is also a multicultural class you could join. This class is about knowing a culture about a state and trying new food from that state.

TAMIU is a very great campus. Professors are always available and ready to help their students whenever. Students in campus are very helpful and are always willing to help when help is needed. It is always easy to carry a conversation with anyone in campus. I have made friends in campus since it is very easy to have friendships, especially with the same major.

It’s a wonderful and diverse university. I plan on going to school there because they offer my major which is Kinesiology. I also plan on playing basketball there as well because it’s a division two school and they are offering me an athletic scholarship. So far i love everything about it!

Christabel

I have just transferred to tamiu this semester, I enjoy my classes overall. I may complain on how hard the classes be but the teachers are very nice and are always willing to help me with whatever problem I have in the lecture. Even when I go look for them in their office or any other time they always have great attitude and will correct me on my school work to help improve my grades.

Alexia

Texas A & M International University provide too many tools for students in order to succeed academically. The class size it's pretty much adequate for students and professors are always there to help students. Professors always encourage students to succeed in life and work hard. This university it is really great!

Kassandra

TAMIU is a great school.

Fabian

Texas A & M International University is a good and calm university. You feel safe around in the campus and you are also very much of aware of the help resources that you get. The University is not that small nor big which is a advantage since going from class to class will not be that much of a big deal. The food places around the University is not bad although I believe that it can be better.