University of West Georgia Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of West Georgia

I enjoyed my four years at the University of West Georgia. There is more diversity and a growing number in activities and the student body. The school is growing and I appreciate everything from UWG. I have learned a lot from facility and other students.

Merideth

UWG is a really diverse and put together school with many opportunities for every kind of student. There are always many events happening on and off campus for academics and entertainment. The classes can be challenging depending on the professor. There are also many tutoring services that can help push for success.

Isabella

The University of West Georgia is a great school with active student life, great academics, and good faculty. With the school being somewhat smaller compared to other universities, it allows the campus to have close relationships with peers and faculty.

nachara

My overall opinion about The University of West Georgia as a whole, is that it is a very diverse campus with a lot of student involvement. There are many different organizations for all student whether its a modeling organization that has fashion shows, or a club that does volunteer work every weekends. The campus has something for everyone. Also the resources that the school has to offer are very helpful, such as the ITS, which is available for us when we're having computer issues. Also the tutoring services for all subjects. I would recommend this campus to anyone who wants teachers that will be there for them, and also a school that isn't all about money and is willing to provide students with the proper resources to be successful in school.

Haley

The University of West Georgia is a great school for commuters, but not so much if you you live on campus or off campus housing. UWG is located in Carrollton, Georgia. Just an hour west from Atlanta. In the city of Carrollton itself there is not a lot to do. There is a pretty eventful night life on the weekends. If you are involved in greek life UWG may be for you. If you are not then Carrollton is not a city for you. Students that live on or near campus go home most weekends from lack of entertainment. I would give overall safety of the campus and its surrounding area a 4/10. Nearly every week students receive an email from university police about a crime. I would not walk anywhere on campus at night alone.

Dasha

In my opinion, The University of West Georgia is a decent college to go to in order to get the full college experience if you can't get that at a 2-year school. Theres plenty of campus events to attend and meet people. There are an ample amount of clubs to join to be active in and around campus. Theres even a chance for you to make your own club on campus to encourage others to get involved. On the other hand, Some downsides to this school is the availability of classes. Some classes are only available during certain semesters, class sizes are small, etc. The dining halls could do a lot better with the selections of foods that they have for students . You can literally pick up on the schedule of the menu each week. There are some rally great advisors and there are some really terrible ones. In my opinion, it is an advisors job to get to know each and everyone of their students individually so that they can assess their strengths and weaknesses in able to help guide them through their college journey as best as they can. In my personal experience, my advisor never got to know me in any way and basically read from an outlined paper for some of my major of what course I should take. Once, I did my research prior to going in and basically told her the classes I wished to take and the appointment was over within a few minutes. This experience compared to others, who have advisors call to check up on their students, suggest specific resources , and who genuinely go the extra mile to help their students makes my experience look like trash. All in all, Ive had some very fond memories at this school and some amazing experiences but its not a top school to recommend to others . Especially for my major.

Tashavion

I love the University of West Georgia. It's a warm and welcoming campus no matter your race, gender, or sexual preferences. The campus is a generally safe place to be. Anytime there's an issue University Police are quick to inform us and get the issue resolved. The campus has 2 dining halls, one in which is 24/7. If you don't like either of those we also have a food court on campus and food trucks that come 2 times a week. At West Football is KING, what can we say, we are back to back champions. Greek life is diverse at West Georgia we have Panhellenic Chapters, Interfraternity Chapters, National Pan-Hellenic Chapters, and Multicultural Chapters, so there's something for everyone. Need to go grocery shopping but you have no car? No problem, the university has shuttles that take you all around campus, to downtown Carrollton, and 3 shopping plazas near the school. Dirty clothes and no way to wash? You're in luck again, every day there's at least 1 organization passing out t shirts. At the University of West Georgia there's something for everyone, you wont just like it, you'll love it.

Jasmin

I am currently a Sophomore at the University of West Georgia. I love it here. The professors here are wonderful they want you to learn and be to be successful. The location of the school is in a small town which is great because I can adjust easily. Here at UWG, I feel comfortable and there are many opportunities I can gain here.

Kierra

I love the University of West Georgia. I like that it is calm there. I transferred to West Georgia from Kennesaw State University. Kennesaw was a very nice school, but it was very crowded. I like West Georgia because it's smaller and it is easy to get work done and get involved in extra curricular activities. It is also relatively close to my house so it is an easy commute, not a lot of traffic involved. I would definitely recommend West Georgia to anybody who is looking for a good school to go to.

Ikem

I think the school needs to improve its education a bit moe and give better courses that correlate with a student's field of study.the school also needs better schedules for students because some class times just don't seem right. overall, other things such as food housing are ok

Kailey

It's really an okay school. A lot of people really love it there, but it wasn't the place for me. You should definitely visit before going and make sure that you like the Carrollton location. I went to both campuses and ended up liking the professors and campus better in Newnan, but also my commute to Carrollton was an hour and didn't make going to class fun. It's definitely the school for some people, but not me.

sadia

Honestly, this school lacks diversity. If the people have never seen someone from a different culture or religion they you are treated differently even though they do not discriminate as they emphasize. This school especially the people need to be more opened minded to other people than just their own. If you are looking to fit in, but are from a different culture or religious background other than what is the majority, then this is not the place to go.

Dorcas

I am currently going to my 3rd year at the University of West Georgia and it has been a complete joy. I have formed great relationships with many of my colleagues and faculty and on-campus, typically, there is always something to do. Obviously like any school, there are questionable areas such as parking and class registration. However, overall I am enjoying my schooling here and I am proud to say I am part of the pack.

Rafael

The University of West Georgia is an amazing school that i love for teaching and nurturing me. I love this university and the diversity of the student, staff, and faculty. No matter where you go people are also always willing to talk and have conversations with you across campus. Other campus I have visited in my college career seem like the students stay secluded to themselves and will talk to outsiders or even students that go to the school.

I began my freshmen year at West Georgia in August and I have found that I really enjoy the school. The campus is perfect, everything is close together but not too suffocating. The professors are all very knowledgeable of their subjects and the class size is perfect to be able to effectively learn. I am glad that I chose West Georgia to attend because it is the perfect school and I would recommend this school to any person looking to attend a college.

West Georgia has a diverse and inclusive atmosphere. Very down to Earth and friendly student body. There are tons of online course options to choose from when you need them. Professors range from loved to dreaded, just like any college. Overall a great school.

Makayla

The University of West Georgia is generally a safe and accepting place to attend school. I have never been afraid to walk around campus or talk to other students and staff. People are open to intellectual conversation and are generally respectful when making conversation with someone they disagree with.

Hensley

The University of West Georgia is the perfect match for me. There is access to a great gym facility, that provides fitness classes for no extra fee. The academic class sizes are great and most professors actually care if you pass or fail. At the last college I attended, the professors were there to just get paid, but here I feel welcomed into the classroom.

Rashard

West Georgia is a decent school overall. Just like any other place, you must choose your friends wisely as they can make or break your college career. The right group of people can help you get your work done and go out and have fun on a regular basis. The teachers do not care about race or background, the grading is fair and straightforward. Overall, West Georgia is Lit!

Meiko

UWG is a wonderfull place full of opportunities. Although it is not the typical college in the city, there are still plenty of shops not too far away from campus by car. The campus food could be improved, but overall, there is not much to complain about. They have a wide variety of classes. They have buses that drive you around campus daily, and shuttle buses that take you out to shop two days out of the week. It's an overall safe campus. They have on campus police if anything does happen. I'm satisfied with West Georgia, overall.

maria

Even though I have only been on campus for a couple of months, I absolutely love the environment of the campus. There are plenty of people here to help make the transition from high school less of a chaotic one and there are numerous sources to help me with anything that I may ever need.

Nwajinma

I'm a incoming freshman at University of West Georgia and so far I am obsessed with the school. At University of West Georgia there are a lot of activities and programs that you and your friends can get involved into. Also, a major thing I like about the campus is that it is together. For those who want to got to a college where you can easily get to where you need to go by simply taking a bus or walking to the destination then UWG is for you. If you are having trouble with something than you can receive some advice or get the help that's needed by talking with someone on the phone or physically. In my opinion, I really love University of West Georgia and I'm looking forward to the next three years that I'll be attending.

Tkeyah

Overall, it's a Superb college, because of the various activities the school holds that advocate safe on-campus fun, and student involvement. Speaking of student involvement, the college also has numerous of clubs that gives back to the community and people around it. For Instance, a club called Center for student involvement host events that care for the elders in the surrounding environment. In addition, we also have a variety of churches on and off campus for students to continue their walk with Christ. For example, I attend a non-denominational church called CWOW. Then, If you are looking for a safe campus, University Of West Georgia is it! From self- experience I can vouch that I've walked more than 30 feet from my dorm to the library numerous nights, alone, and can say that I always felt safe. Although Kennesaw was my first choice, I fell in love with the University of West Georgia and I am proud to call myself a wolf. Right down to the teachers, academics and food and etc.I fell in love with all of it. Ps, you don't have to worry about the freshmen 15 because the campus is lengthy and beautiful, so you can exercise while enjoying the scenery while heading to class.

Isaac

If you're looking for a low cost but decent education then West Georgia is most certainly the place for you. Sadly the size of this campus isn't as lively or even as large as a school such as Georgia State. Its recommended you go home on the weekends for fear of boredom. But if you're into watching or playing sports, creating art and even music, you'll be able to find like minded individuals on campus.

While attending school at the University of West Georgia, I have made incredible friends, learned amazing things, and grown into the woman I've only dreamed of becoming. This campus has helped me reach for my dreams, both educationally and emotionally. I love going to school at University of West Georgia and I cannot imagine attending college somewhere else.

Imani

I think that the university of west Georgia is very good and beautiful college and have helpful facilities members that are always available. The students are nice and the good are amazing.

Nya

I think the University of West Georgia is a decent college. It could be better though in certain aspects. The college offers many different, fun opportunities on and off campus. I believe that UWG's art program is very good. The professors are helpful, fun, and often accessible.

Kiera

it is somewhere where i would like to attend and have it help me further my education

Donavon

It's a great school. It wasn't my first choice, but after visiting the campus and hearing what a great business program they have, I changed my mind to attend him. They seem like they really care about the students and have opportunities to study abroad.

Fran

I enjoy the University of West Georgia. The campus isn't too big. All the classeses are in the quad area. The core classes tend to be big,but they get smaller when you chose your major. The food is okay. It is a hit or mess. The libarby isthe best place to do homework in my opnion. There are a lot of resteraunts around the school if you don't want to eat shool food. The teachers are okay. I have had some awesome teachers and some okay teachers. Overall I give it an average rating. ​

Gabrielle

My overall opinion of the University of West Georgia is that it is an exceptional university of any students looking to form lifelong friendships and connections, and excel academically. The University of West Georgia has a collection of professors who are experts in their respected fields. All professor will make accommodations to meet with students and help them excel academically. The campus is filled with various clubs and organizations given each student the opportunity to find something they have a passion for or generate their own unique organization. The University of West Georgia has a highly advanced Housing and Residence Life Department that plans monthly activities for students to build friendships and connection to on campus resources. Prior to extending the University of West Georgia I was a shy student who always had her head in a book. Once I arrived to at the University of West Georgia I discovered ways to soar academically and find a group of friends who supported my academic studies and encouraged me to the reach my full potential. The University of West Georgia is not just an educational intuition it’s a home away from home. It’s a place where one can discover who they truly are. The University of West Georgia is a place to discover passions, take adventures, and blaze new trails. When a student is accepted into the University of West Georgia they become a wolf, and I must say that become a wolf is the best a decision I have made thus far because a gained another family.

Amber

I love it here at the University of West Georgia. The resources that they provide for us are more than helpful. I am a freshman and when I first got here I just remember being so depressed. I was miles away from home, I didn't have any friends and to make things worse, I and my roommate weren't getting along. I didn't want to leave my room my first semester here. All I did was eat and had gained more than my freshman 15. I talked with RA one day and she gave me this list of people to see and things to do. At first, I was kind of stubborn but I eventually ended up doing them. she referred me to the housing department where they worked with e faithfully until I got a new room and a new roommate. after that was taken care of I went to some of the events that she had listed. while attending those events I made many friends and even more memories. I was thankful that I had that talk with her and that she was able to help me. I love it here at west Georgia and I'd recommend it to anyone who is thinking about coming here. it's more than a learning experience, it's a home away from home.

amber

I love The University Of West Georgia. After being accepted into multiple schools across Georgia, I chose to come to West Georgia after a spring visitation in 2016. The campus was very clean, it wasn't too big and it wasn't too small, which was perfect for me. The faculty and staff all seemed so nice and they were all more than welcoming. After multiple factors that I deemed as exceptional, I finally decided to " Go West". That was by far one of the best decisions I could have made. The faculty and staff here are all so helpful and you can truly tell that they enjoy their jobs. The countless number of resources that are available to students is astonishing. Whether you need help deciding on what you want to major in or just simply need help finding a book for a research paper, West Georgia has a countless amount of resources to help you do so. I am currently a sophomore at the institution and honestly cannot wait to experience my next few years here. West Georgia has a little bit of something for everyone. Whether you want to join the anime club, the history club, one of our fraternities or sororities, a recreational field trip or whatever caters your personal interest, I ca guarantee that West Georgia has it for you and if they don't, you and a group of your friends can start a club. Going west is one of the best things you can do. Academics comes before anything and this institution ensures that. If you are considering West Georgia and are reading this review to decide if you are making the right decision, don't be afraid to visit the campus. The school holds countless visitation sessions throughout the year.

Judiah

I love this school so much. It really feels like a second home.

I really like West Georgia. The campus is beautiful--which I personally find amazing. The teachers are always attentive with responding to emails, which is always a big help whenever I'm confused. The music department is phenomenal and that's really important to me seeing as how that's what I want to do with my life! Overall, this school is great and even thought it's not one of the "big" schools that everyone wants to go to, it's still amazing.

Jakai

As an incoming freshman I was very nervous for college however after attending a tour at the University of West Georgia I knew I would love it. Our award winning facilities helps students to feel comfortable anywhere they may find themselves on campus. The students here are very friendly and it's not hard at all to make friend or find an organization that fits you. I started to join more organizations my second year and I am very grateful i did, the only thing I would do differently is join earlier! My favorite things on campus as a freshman were Starbucks, my dorm hall and the POD Market located right down stairs from my dorm hall which was very convenient for quick snacks. Overall, I'm very grateful for my school.

Aratiben

I like to study at the University of West Georgia. There are several on-campus work opportunities. There is the good environment for study and instructors are always ready to help. There are some art and sports activities that students can do whenever they want.

Chelsey

University of West Georgia overall is the best choice I made for a college. They treat you like family and the advisors as well as students are extremely helpful. .

Cydney

University of West Georgia, like many colleges has its strengths and weaknesses. The on campus housing, sports teams, campus food and extracurricular activities the campus holds are strengths that do make it a great school. The safety is a weakness of West Georgia in that off campus housing does not have nearly as much safety as on campus housing. It depends on where one stays off campus, then the safety factor is seen, as some apartments are not as safe as others are.

Olivia

I think that it is an ok school. I honestly do not see myself graduating from here. The food is pretty much the same everyday . The professors are good. The dorm that I stay in is terrible, but the other buildings are nicer. It is kinda safe at night, but it would be smarter to have a partner with you. Greek life is segregated. The predominately white Greek sororities/ fraternities are racist. They are only one that are given their own housing, and the black sorority/ fraternity do not. I am already considering transferring and I am a freshmen. The campus is boring on the weekends. There are not that many activities on campus so its pretty boring. There is nothing to do outside of campus unless you are welling to drive more than 30 minutes. Football is the sport that people are excited about. It is not fun here, I only decided to come here because I decided at the last minute that I wanted to attend college in the fall instead of the spring, and this college accepted me. The only good thing are the professors unfortunately. It is a pretty big campus, but it is so dull.

Latrice

There’s usually nothing to do here. You’re usually bored and there’s some activities but not a lot of people attend. People are really cliquey and materialistic . Professors are available for the most part , if you arent a management information systems major , then there are professors who really don’t care about you

Mykah

I absolutely love the University of West Georgia. The faculty are available when you need and they have a vast number of majors to study. The area around the campus is eco-friendly and covered with beautiful natural scenery. Go West!

Alexander

People say that college is what you make of it and in many ways that is true. I have often had a difficult time of adapting to a new environment, and the University of West Georgia proves my statement. You see West Georgia was never my first choice school; it was Georgia State University, where my intended major was Film and Video. But, when I went for a tour the weather was humid and wet from intervals of rain , adding to the fact I was partially sick, and the urban setting just put off my decision of attending the Atlanta school. This was my second semester of senior year and I knew I had to make a decision on where to enroll, so time was not on my hands. I had taken a tour of West Georgia my sophomore year but did not think much it, seeing that it was just your average university. I applied there just for sake of it being a fall back (looking back community college would have been a better option) About a month later I went to West Georgia for a regional singing competition. There, the campus sort-of appealed to me. I texted my parents telling them I won boy's solo and said, "West Georgia looks nice. I think I'll go here." I realize now that I decided to attend because it looked more tolerable than Georgia State's campus. Now it is October and as an "undeclared major" student so far UWG has not been an enjoyable experience. First is social life. From other reviews about UWG, they have said that if don't go Greek, you have no social life. Unless you really take initiative in meeting people, then finding friends can prove a difficult task. Nothing special about the campus either. The buildings are spread apart and the landscape is really anything to admire. It also seems that the only thing to do on campus is walk from class to dorm and then to the dining hall. Academics are fine and the only thing I can think of that I like about West Georgia are the professors. The professors I have with the one exception care about the material they teach yet at the same time expect you do perform at your best. I am in a Film club, but we only meet once a month and our president had to cancel in September. I am considering transferring at the moment but I feel as if I should stay freshman year and go from there. I want to give advice to not just seniors, but all high school students, especially the ones who are lazy about looking into college or are being forced to go. Giving this advice, I hope you trust your gut feelings and take into consideration of what I am about to say. Don't every be lazy with the application process or looking into schools. Being in your shoes, I understand that it can be a daunting task but you have to grandiose your way out of procrastination and take initiative. Do as much research as you can and always ask the hard questions to the school advisers. As a matter of fact, when I toured Georgia State was the only time I ever been there after being accepted. So please, do your research and whatever school your interested take a tour there and make the most out it. And if you truly feel college is not your strong suit, then think hard on what you want to do after high school and understand that you will be a full adult. Do I have regrets? No. I think everything happens for a reason and that many things are out of my control. So for those reading, please be deliberate in your life choices.

Khari

Super affordable school! Carrollton is a small town and you'll definitely feel it off campus. All the staff are friendly and and campus events are really fun. You'll never be bored here. They love to give out free shirts and free food. There are many opportunities to give back to the community. The dorms aren't as bad as you think and Housing/ResLife makes dorm life fun. Teachers are very open and respond to emails quickly. Grades are usually entered in a timely manner. Visitation hours are kinda weird but you can work around it. Honestly, I'm really glad I chose this school.

Alexis

Overall, University of West Georgia is a predominantly white institution with a variety of majors, and extra-curricular activities. It's location in a small town area wouldn't be the best for someone who wants their designated mall less than 10 miles from them. They really care about your education, and they make sure that they cater to our needs to feel at home.

Catera

This institution is wonderful for business and education majors. Not so much for pre-health professionals/majors. There is a wide range of diversity among the students along with a creative style of learning. Overall, this school has good benefits and social aspects that can be used further in life.

Davion

University of West Georgia is a great college. There are a lot of student activities to partake in and the culture is very friendly. The professors are easy going and the staff are always willing to help a troubled student when they can. The campus is very nice and well organized.

Ilana

I LOVE my school, between the parties, and the acedemics, and the price it is amazing. For only $6,000 i get the same education as more expensive school. I am happy with the choices in living arrangments. Everything from community stye living to to private single dorms with a bathroom. There is something for everyone

Janera

In my opinion, I like the University of West Georgia because there are different opportunities that makes me want to participate in. The professors and advisors are extremely nice and the the campus is very beautiful. I have met new friends, participated in extracurricular activities, and been involved in social events. The only exception that I would have to say is that the parking at the campus is kinda ridiculous because there are many restrictions that students cannot park and if you get a ticket, the fees are around $35-$50 (I have heard from a friend). Other than that, UWG is a great school to be at.

Tamiya

Its an overall great school, the dining is nice. There are some many current events to get involved in and they always have great food out during the events too. As well your teachers are always acessible. My experience at West georgia has been great there are so many facilities to get help, they have a wide advising office, a huge free tutoring office and even a big couseling office .