North Canton, OH
Walsh University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Walsh University

Kim

Willing to take the time to help you understand and to do well.

Willing to take the time to help you understand and to do well.

I am currently a sophmore in college, and choosing the "right" or "perfect" college wasn't too difficult. First of all, i knew i wanted to attend a college that was in-state, for tuition purposes. Secondly, i wanted to attend an University that provided a small and peaceful campus atmosphere. I receive a little financial aide, only from scholarships from highschool, the rest receive from my parents and i pay for some as well, by woking at a fast food restaurant, if you want a good education you will learn to do what you have to do! Personally, i love the college choice i made. It fits me just right, it is small, it is close to home, and provides many opportuniites to have that one on one time with your proffessors. Can you picture being in a class with 200 students, there is not a chance that your professor is going to know who you are, let alone care about your personal problems and troubles that might come up during your college experience. So in conclusion, it just comes down to you choosing the college you want to attend! Choose the university that best fits your personality.

A person that should attend this university should: like small campus, would want to be close to their proffessors........be able to go to them when they are having problems in their class. Enjoy getting involved in clubs and intramural sports such as soccer and vollyball. Must be able to be open to other people, especially those that are different from you. There are many different religions and cultures on this campus.

Michelle

Walsh University is an amazing school with gift teachers and talented students.

Walsh University is an amazing school with gift teachers and talented students.

If you are looking for the perfect college it doesn't hurt to visit the campus. Ask other students who go to the school what they like and dislike about the University. You might even do an over night visit.

The best thing about Walsh University is how much the teachers care about the students. I am an education major and my professors will do anything for us. They work hard to help us achieve our goals. They want the best for us. I am blessed to have the chance to go to such an amazing school.

Tracy

mostly rich, sheltered kids

mostly rich, sheltered kids

College is a wonderful experience that I wish I would have taken advantage of when I was younger. I had my daughter fresh out of high school and wanted to stay home with her until she started school. I went back and now I am finally about to receive my degree. I am in serious debt but to me its worth it. I feel that college is a right and an experience that every person should have. I tell my daughter all the time that school doesnt stop at 12th grade. Education is a very important part of a person being successful. My dream has always been to become a Kindergarten teacher. I believe in education so much and I had such negative educational experiences growing up that I want to be that person to show children especially those who live in poor areas like I did that we do matter and someone does want to see you suceed and that person is me! Without my degree I couldnt fulfill my dream...NOW I CAN!

Bradley

My classmates are helpful, friendly, and open-minded.

My classmates are helpful, friendly, and open-minded.

Make sure you visit the colleges you are interested in, it is probably a good idea to stay there for a weekend before you decide to go there. Also it helped that I picked a college that is a lot like my high school. I graduated with only 70 other students, this is why I went to a small college.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the attendence policy. All classes have an attendence policy where you are not allowed to miss classes or it will lower your grade.

Anna

I would say to looks at all the colleges you are interested in and talk to the students and faculty there. Get to know what the campus is like and if they like being there. You have to know if the campus feels right for you, and the best way to do that is to visit the school. You have to be able to see yourself there. To make the most of your college experience, I would say to try everything ! Don't turn down an activity or event just because you're not sure you'll like it. You never know what you can get out of these experiences or what new friends you will make.

People who score below a 20 on ACTs

Walsh is a friendly and accepting community that focuses on academics and tries to give their students the best future they c...

Walsh is a friendly and accepting community that focuses on academics and tries to give their students the best future they can.

One thing that I would recommend to students trying to find the right college for them is to visit more than just one or two colleges, and make them different too. Get a taste of a lot of different types of schools. I would also recommend that when the students finds that right college that they get active in the school's activities. Being active will make the college experience so much more fulfilling. Lastly, I would say that if the students goes to a school that they later realize is not the right school for them that they need to give it a chance before transferring. A few of my friends almost transferred to a different school but stuck it out and now love it.

I wish I would have had better study habits before I came to college. That was the hardest thing to get used to.

Danielle

If were to give advice to someone about finding the right college I would tell them that they need to be comfortable. If they go to a campus and seem to be lost and uncomfortable the entire time they are there for the visit, then this is a good indication of what your college experience will be. Make sure that despite the cost of the school, that ultimately you will be comfortable there and that you will want to spend our time there. As for making the most of the college experience, I think that it is important to balance work and play. You must stay focused on academics but cannot spend every waking moment studying. I think that it is important to relax by spending time wiith friend and getting involved with clubs on campus. Having fun is alot of what college is about, this is the time when you are an adult making your own decisions, but still not completely on your own. This is the time that you can really search for yourself and discoer your own potential. You can't do this by staring at books every day. You have to take chances and have fun.

Since I worry alot, It would have been nice to talk to someone and have them tell me that everything would be ok and een though tings will be difficult and challenging, I would still be able to succeed. I also with that i would have known more about my roomate and what on campus housing would be like before i moved in, instead of having to learn by experience. I think though, that I was able to learn these things quickly as I became more comfortable at Walsh Universtiy.

I think that the worst thing about my school is the food. It's sounds funny but everyone here is so willing to help that you cannot complain about the academic integrity that the school has, the housing is great, ang the campus is safe., there is always something to do if you want to, and there are alot of choices available. If i ha to complain about one thing it would be the food, and that is it.

Jason

The variety of the student body and the faculty. The size is also very unique. It allows for most everyone to know everyone else. The pride the students possess of Wlash University is also great. Students are proud to be apart of the limited Walsh community.

It is important for the student to choose what he or she wants. Yes take advice from others and allow them to help you when needed, but the decision is yours. It is your life. Also, stay out of the bad habits and surround yourself with people who have good morals and good habits. Stay focused and stay motivated, and yes it's good to have fun, but you're also paying a lot of money to go to school, so school should be your main focus before anything else. Have fun, enjoy it because it flies by!

It's small size allows the students to interact with professiors very well. My second choice for college was Kent State University and I knew I wouldn't receive the same attention as Walsh provides.

Kathryn

The faculty and administration are extremely helpful and very knowledgeable; it is an honor to be their student. Walsh is well-known for their academics and community involvement. The students are constantly volunteering and helping wherever needed. In addition, the faculty and administration are extremely helpful and very knowledgeable; it is an honor to be their student. Walsh is also known for being a Judeo-Christian University, although it does not dicriminate against other religions. I am so proud to be affiliated with this University and would highly recommend it.

To anyone who is embarking on the college journey: You are about to make a very big decision on which college or university you want to attend. It probably seems like the most important decision in your life at this point. So, here are some simple points of advice to remember while going through this process: 1. Try not to worry too much about it. Somehow, it all seems to work out in the end, and if it doesn't, nothing is permanent and everything is a learning experience. 2. Choose a place that fits your personality and learning style (city or country, small or large) 3. Choose a place with a decent reputation and good job placement statistics. 4. Choose a place that doesn't have a huge bar or nightlife scene around it--it is harder than you think to stay away from drugs and alcohol and you college experience will be much easier without the constant temptation. (Don't worry, there will be plenty of opportunities for fun). 5. Try to make your decision with the support of your family and friends, although remember that ultimately, this is YOUR experience and YOUR future (the student)!!

Walsh University is not an institution for lazy and unmotivated individuals. Here, there is a strong emphasis on EARNING one's desired degree as opposed to simply RECEIVING it. This is achieved through hard work and dedication, while simultaneously living by a strong set of morals and values. This is a place that enforces the ideals of working together to create a better place. Therefore, one should not plan on attending Walsh University if he or she is not willing to put forth the effort required to succeed; a task that is simpler said than done, yet extremely attainable.

Spencer

My classmates are intelligent, eager to learn, and very helpful in working with others.

My advice in finding the right college is simple, choose a school that fits you. If you want a small enclosed campus with one-on-one professor interaction, excellent facilities, and a private education, then a small private school would be a good fit. If your interests lie in a large campus with a vast student population, big classrooms, and a wide range of extra-curricular activities and academic organizations, then choose a state school. After determining the size of school the next step is easy, just simply visit different schools and choose the one that makes you feel the most comfortable. You will know just by listening to what each one has to offer, which one is right for you. Go with your gut instincts. My advice on making the most of the college experience is get involved. Join campus clubs, participate in intramurals, and go to school sponsored activities. Do not be afraid of leaving your dorm room to meet new people living around you, or turning to your neighbor in class and introducing yourself. Your studies are the most important focus, but developing friendships are key in your college experience, too.

What I consider to be the worst thing about my school is the times when food is available. Food is not available at all times on campus, although it is offered almost all day during the week. During the weekend food is not always available. There is a few hour gaps between times when food is available. Overall, I am pleased with our food services.

Walsh University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.