Walsh University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Walsh University

Jamar

My overall opinion about Walsh University is that it's a prestigious institution that is academically great. The institution offers a lot of extracurricular activities to keep students involved and interested in the university. To reinforce what was said before, Walsh is a great institution but it is limited in ways that cause students to transfer to other universities.

Olivia

I think Walsh's academics are their most important aspect. They're fairly rigorous, especially in the biological fields, and they are working to expand in both the hard science and soft science fields. I think most of their extracurriculars are kind of bland; they don't get too passionate about things. Definitely wouldn't call it a party school, that stuff only happens on the weekends and people don't get too wild. The professors, at least the ones I've had so far, are pretty available, but some push their own political agenda too much. I think it's a pretty school, it's nice that it's small, and they're working on developing their buildings. Love the Residence Life people, they're all so great.

Roberto

Walsh University is a great school that offers an incredible atomsphere in which to grow and develop. The university is the perfect size in the you will not get lost and become just another number. It offers you the ability to really get to know your field of study and prepares you for the real world. It is a fantastic experience being a Walsh Cavalier.

I have enjoyed getting to know the campus since this is my first semester. Walsh tries very hard to make sure everyone does well after college and that we get all the real world experience we can. Each degree that is offered requires that each student do at least one internship that is through the school. Walsh is also into global learning, especially Rome because it is a Catholic university.

Walsh is a place where you are welcome at all times. The school provides a close knit environment and makes you feel like you have friends on every corner. Being a private Catholic college, the campus allows practicing Catholics to grow in their faith while still allowing those of other denominations to still feel like they belong. This being said, Walsh strongly emphasizes the Catholic Church’s morals and fundamentals in every aspect of the University, from in the classroom to out on the field. Nevertheless, a majority of the student population does not identify as Catholic showing that Walsh is a welcoming University no matter how an individual identifies. This sense of community is Walsh’s greatest strength. However, being a small Univerisity, Walsh does come with some draw backs. They cannot offer you the resources that a larger University could offer: class variety is limited, food options are minescule, activities are scarce and the variety of successful majors are found far and in between. But what Walsh lacks in quantity, they make up in quality. The faculty at Walsh are passionate about their jobs and they care for their students on an individual basis. They’re extremely flexible when you need assistance and some are even willing to teach classes one on one. Within Residents Life, the staff is always available to comfort you if you’re homesick or just talk to you about any problems that you might have. Overall, Walsh is a place that you could call home but you just have to make sure it’s big enough to fit your needs. It’s personable and allows you to grow as an individual throughout your college experience.

Austin

Walsh is a great campus. It is a small campus which is a good thing. You can have a personal relationship/conversation with professors. Programs are really nice. Nursing doesn’t have a cap or the number of students so they aren’t fighting for a spot which is really nice. Financial aid is very helpful as well.

Elias

Overall this is a good school for someone looking for small class sizes and rigorous academics. Most professors are there to help you succeed and are always there to talk to. Housing for freshman is hard since the rooms are small and there is no air conditioning but it is not too bad. The arts get enough attention unlike many other schools. The food is fairly good but there it is very limited in both hours and diversity of food. This school is great if you are going for the academics.

Sybil

From the moment I stepped on campus I felt like I belonged. The faculty and students are all helpful and welcoming. There is a definite sense of unity and togetherness. It is like a big family. Prior to applying, I heard nothing but amazing things from all of the alumni I know. I know I made the right choice.

The sizes of the campus and classes allow for more interaction with fellow students and professors. Walsh is dedicated to the success of all their students and provides a lot of opportunities for everyone's future. I would not have changed my decision of choosing this college. I would recommend this college to anyone.

Brandon

I am very happy to be part of the Walsh family. I play soccer for Walsh and it has been and honor to meet people from all over the world and learn about different cultures. Playing a sport has allowed me to travel and learn more about Ohio. I am learning a lot. I am grateful for the experience.

Douglas

Walsh University provides it's students with a well rounded eduction. While the education is of moderate to high quality, if you are looking to move out of the area there will be little to no name recognition. If you are planning on staying local, pursuing a career in nursing, and want your professors to know you by name, I would highly recommend Walsh. The catholic education is important, but not the primary focus. With any small school, there are some politics. Overall I would recommend for some, but not all applicants.

I was a visitor at Walsh University about 2 months ago and I am beyond happy that I chose to look at Walsh. In the begin they weren’t even one of my top schools. In fact they weren’t one of my school choices at all. However, I filled out their application and then I went on a visit. I was honestly shook by how impressed I was with Walsh. From the moment I walked onto the campus I fell in love. Everyone there is so happy and kind. Everyone knows everyone, you’re walking to class and you see people on your way that you know, so you yell “Hey!” across the sidewalk. The dorms are really nice although I won’t be staying in any of them because I'll be a commuter student. It’s absolutely amazing how wonderful the school is, and not even just the school, but the facility and the students as well. There are so many opportunities for students to get involved. They have sports, clubs, traveling groups, church and so much more. It’s a school that I believe will take me far in life with the amount of opportunities and internships they have. I’m beyond grateful that I took the time to fill out Walsh’s application and I’m glad I did. If it weren’t for my counselor at school and my counselor at Walsh, I don’t think I would have even looked at Walsh again. However, I did and I’m so proud to not only have chosen that school as my top choice, but to actually finally be a Walsh Cavalier.

Skylee

Overall, Walsh University is an amazing university to further your education. The professors and faulty are absolutely wonderful, they are ALWAYS willing to help their students. It is a very small community, around 2,000 students on campus, therefore, you always see familiar faces. Every professor knows you by name, and everyone gets to know each other on a personal level. The cafeteria food s great, and there are other dining options as well.

Danielle

I love this university, I love that is a religious college and all the faculty and staff are extremely helpful and caring. If I have had any struggles with my academics, I have been able to seek student tutoring on campus very easily and they are always friendly and helpful. I would recommend this college to anyone and that I am very happy here!

Madalyn

Walsh is a good university if you're into sciences. They are currently in the process of cutting basically anything else - the entire foreign language department got the axe last week, and the humanities are under threat. If you want anything except physical therapy, nursing, exercise science, or an otherwise scientific or medicine-related major, you definitely want to consider somewhere else. However, they do currently have the only undergraduate Museum Studies program in the midwestern US, so that might be attractive.