North Canton, OH
Walsh University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Walsh University

Walsh is a place where you are welcome at all times. The school provides a close knit environment and makes you feel like you have friends on every corner. Being a private Catholic college, the campus allows practicing Catholics to grow in their faith while still allowing those of other denominations to still feel like they belong. This being said, Walsh strongly emphasizes the Catholic Church’s morals and fundamentals in every aspect of the University, from in the classroom to out on the field. Nevertheless, a majority of the student population does not identify as Catholic showing that Walsh is a welcoming University no matter how an individual identifies. This sense of community is Walsh’s greatest strength. However, being a small Univerisity, Walsh does come with some draw backs. They cannot offer you the resources that a larger University could offer: class variety is limited, food options are minescule, activities are scarce and the variety of successful majors are found far and in between. But what Walsh lacks in quantity, they make up in quality. The faculty at Walsh are passionate about their jobs and they care for their students on an individual basis. They’re extremely flexible when you need assistance and some are even willing to teach classes one on one. Within Residents Life, the staff is always available to comfort you if you’re homesick or just talk to you about any problems that you might have. Overall, Walsh is a place that you could call home but you just have to make sure it’s big enough to fit your needs. It’s personable and allows you to grow as an individual throughout your college experience.

Sybil

From the moment I stepped on campus I felt like I belonged. The faculty and students are all helpful and welcoming. There is a definite sense of unity and togetherness. It is like a big family. Prior to applying, I heard nothing but amazing things from all of the alumni I know. I know I made the right choice.

The sizes of the campus and classes allow for more interaction with fellow students and professors. Walsh is dedicated to the success of all their students and provides a lot of opportunities for everyone's future. I would not have changed my decision of choosing this college. I would recommend this college to anyone.

Douglas

Walsh University provides it's students with a well rounded eduction. While the education is of moderate to high quality, if you are looking to move out of the area there will be little to no name recognition. If you are planning on staying local, pursuing a career in nursing, and want your professors to know you by name, I would highly recommend Walsh. The catholic education is important, but not the primary focus. With any small school, there are some politics. Overall I would recommend for some, but not all applicants.

Elias

Overall this is a good school for someone looking for small class sizes and rigorous academics. Most professors are there to help you succeed and are always there to talk to. Housing for freshman is hard since the rooms are small and there is no air conditioning but it is not too bad. The arts get enough attention unlike many other schools. The food is fairly good but there it is very limited in both hours and diversity of food. This school is great if you are going for the academics.

I would tell my high school aged self that, however cliche it may sound, life really does get better. Studying so hard and doing community service really does pay off. Even though it seems like the work is never going to end, and in a way it doesn't, it does become more manageable. I would tell myself that college allows for so much more freedom. You can do homework when you feel like it, eat when you feel like it, sleep when you feel like it. If you don't want to do any of these things, don't. You'll kick yourself for it later, but it's a learning experience. And also, if you thought high school was supposed to prepare you at all, you're wrong. College is so different, but in a good way, so don't stress so much over high school. You'll have plenty of time for breakdowns becoming a freshman again.

Although Walsh University is primarily Catholic, someone of any religious background will feel comfortable attending here. Someone who likes a small campus that is easy to navigate, as well as teachers that give individual attention, would like attending this school.

There are only a couple of options for dining, and the hours that these two places are open do not meet the needs of the students. There should be more eating options and the hours should be extended. Students already do not eat enough as it is.

Jack

Walsh University is a school that gives you everything you need. Here at Walsh they give many opportunities such as anything from traveling abroad, internships, and community activities. Everyone here cares about your well being in your social and academic stance. Walsh is your no comfortable home!

The academics are carefully organized to make sure that you aren't overwhelmed just to be sure you do well in all of your classes. If any problems arise in a course your academic advisor will help you to boost your grade. We also have a tutoring program that supports all majors with all subjects. If you need help with anything just ask and someone will help you!

Michaela

Something that is very unique about Walsh University is the fact that it is a very small school. Compared to many of the other schools I looked at, Walsh has fantastic conseling services. As a student i receive a personal counselor for the entirety of my academic years. I can make an appointment with them however many times I need to. Also, I like how faith plays a part of all classes at the university. The professors faith, along with the students faith allows everyone to not only enjoy there time, but learn a great amount.

Everyone always says to make good choices in high school, keep your grades high, and make sure to pick the right college. While I worked hard to achieve all of these things and believe that they are important factors in life, I wish that I would have known that once you get settled into college, none of these things really seem to matter all that much. Keeping good grades in high school was important to get into college, but the thing that is more important was figuring out ways for yourself that work to study, organize, and complete homework. High school was like experimenting for the real thing, it allowed us time to learn what works for us and what doesn't. I wish that I would have known that if I messed up in high school was not the end of the world. If I would have known this I would have tried different types of studying and different ways to organize all of my classes. In high school I was really set on picking the perfect college for me. If wish I would have known that it is not the college, but what you make of the experience.

Walsh Univeristy is a great school. I wish that I would have known that lot of the students attending the school are living on campus. I decided to commute to save money. I still love going to Walsh, but I may be missing out on some fun activities that are on campus. Although, I am also glad that I decided to commute because it seems like it is much easier for me to complete my homeowork than it is for students who live on campus. It also would have been nice to know some of the required classes.

Victoria

Walsh had everything I wanted and needed in terms of professors, classes, availabilty, etc. It wasn't my first pick but I loved my time there and I would definitely choose it again.

I would tell my high school self to relax. Have more fun and to make more friends. Being a commuter definitely hindered my ability to engage in on campus activities, so I would want her to make the effort to get involved more. I would encourage my high school self to travel abroad when she gets the opportunity. The experience is worth every penny. I also would want her to know that her family is there for her, even though it is a time of so much upheval with her parents divorce. If I could, I would tell her that not all friendships and relationships are meant to last. Learn from them. Learning is what you're in college for after all, right? Finally, I'd want her to let go sooner. Being herself, every nerdy, quirky bit, is the best decision she ever made.

Small classes, easy to interact with professors. Lots of help availabe.

Drianna

If I were able to go back and give my high school self advice I would say, "Start saving for the future now." I believe every student in high school should be involved in as many activities as possible, but still keep up their grades AND work a part time job. I wish that I would have really known how expensive college was going to be. I would have saved my money from my part time job so that I would have a cushion while in college. I wish I wouldn't have spent so much money on getting my nails done, new shoes and purses, eating out after games, etc. I would have put that money away and used it to help pay for gas, books, printer ink, and groceries. It is so hard to have enough money to pay for college, much the less all of these things. It's also harder to work while in college. I wish I could just focus on college and use my savings to survive. So young me- "Have a great time, but spend wisely! You have plenty of time to shop when you have a career!"

Someone who wants to party all the time and drink.

Walsh University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.