North Canton, OH
Walsh University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Walsh University

Maria

College is going to be nothing like you expected. You might think life is going to be a party, but trust me, it won't. That doesn't mean you won't have the time of your life, though. Especially freshmen year. You are going to let loose a little, explore parts of yourself you didn't even know existed. And you know what? That's okay!! You might try to make the next few years live up to that, but trust me, don't do it. You will end up disappointed. Each year brings something new to the table, something unexpected and wonderful. You can only do this once, so make it worth it. But don't forget about your reasons for being there. You are going to receive a world class education. But, you are also going to go through some of the most difficult times of your life, but just remember that they won't last forever. Even during the darkest of times, you will have someone who makes all of the pain and struggle worth it. Every emotion, whether it be happy, sad, depressed, or ecstatic, is going to be completely worth it.

The worst thing about Walsh is definitely the tuition. You need to be extremely wealthy or have a lot of aid to attend this school. I am no longer playing basketball, which makes paying for my education extremely difficult. It has a tendency to affect your views on the school, despite all of the positives.

The best part about Walsh is the student body. Every one here seems to be more friendly than I expected. Because I am going to a heavily Catholic school, I expected not to fit in due to my religious views. However, everyone is accepted, no matter what their views are. I have made more life time friends here than I could have ever imagined.

Edgardo

One of the very first things that I would mention to myself would be to not assume that just because you did well in high school that college would be a breeze. I would say, keep your mental prowess sharp by sharpening your writing skills and practice different forms of mathematics. Other advice that I would share with myself would be to not let the social aspects of college overtake your scholastic achievements. I would try to convey to my self to try to keep a balanced outlook on college by a steady perseverance, determination, proper time management and a support system that facilitates this end.

Lashawna

The advice that I would give myself if I was to go back in time is to let myself know to take high school serious and to learn and understand as much as I can, because attending college is not easy and the information that I would of learn from high would help me when I attend college. I would tell myself to never slack around in college, always be responsible and not take everything for a joke. Being in college gives you the opportunity to learn more and succeed in life. Plagiarism and academic honesty is very important in college, so cheating and lying is not acceptable at all. There are many consequences for plagiarizing your work it could lead to suspension, a bad grade or expelled. When you submit late assignments, you will be penalize for it. Attending college is not as easy as it looks or persons may make it seems, you have to put your all and everything into it, by not getting distracted and not caring as much as you can.

Jamie

They offer a Museum Studies program.

They offer a Museum Studies program.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would remind myself that I do not know everything. A major mistake that I had made my freshman year of college was that I was still stuck in the high school senior way of thinking; I believed that I knew everything there is to learn and that school was just a formality until I am handed my degree. I quickly learned that this is very wrong and I still have much to learn. I would also tell my past self not to assume that I know what others are thinking. When I first arrived at my school, I felt as if I was being constantly judged. Now that I've spent more time there, I realize that this was not the case at all, and the other students were just as nervous about being in a new enviroment as I was!

The lack of activities and the student body's lack of enthusiasm for the few that are available. Also, the fact that many people go home for the weekend and many already know people from high schoo.

Thomas

Walsh University it a GREAT college with a high education level, a beautiful campus, great Professors and Teachers, with a lot of extra activities and volunteering possibilities, I would go nowhere else.

Enjoy the journey. Stay focused on what your goals are and enjoy learning and getting involved. Time goes too fast to not appreciate each moment of what you're living. Take advantage of all that is offered to learn all you can from books as well as people and your experiences. Expand your mind, your heart and your soul to become all that you can be so that each day when you look in the mirror you are proud of the person looking back.

With the contact the school has with the students, we are so well informed before we start that there is nothing I had to ask or wonder.

Erin

Walsh University is a private school with many opportunities to be appreciated and classes to be acknowledged.

Between a foreclosure, divorce, and having a fully disabled mother, your life has never been easy. You kept a 4.0 GPA in high school but keep in mind that college is different. There is more competition and educational standards. Don't lose your motivation and keep your fighting spirit because you can do this with dedication and perseverance. The reason that you are seeking a higher education is to help others but first, you must help yourself. Save as much money as possible and study hard. You have to show the world that you have a purpose in life and that purpose is to help the world.

Walsh University is a school for someone who is determined, hard working, disciplined, and appreciative of a higher education.

Christie

No college geometery teacher tells you that calculating the radius of a circle will be necessary in your life; there is honesty in college that you hardly find anywhere else, and without it I would be blind to many oppertunites. The honesty in college is eye-opening, professors no longer sugarcoat the truth, and your classmates come to learn and discuss topics. I have taken a numerous amount of classes in all subjects, and professors are honest about the subjects, how competitve the field is, how well you adapt to the subject. In my first year of college, I was focused on art, but for me , many of the art instructors and students in art classes were too laid-back and unprepared for class everyday. I was starting to figure out that my hobby of art would not be my career goal. A few quarters later in my freshman year I discovered computer programming. It was a hard things to understand at first, a whole new language to me, but it was a challenge and you had to stay focused and organized, as did all of my professors and peers. The value was discovering what subject works for me.

Alisha

Walsh University is very unique in its own way. It is very family and community orientated. Alot of the social life is held right on campus in our small town and is very open to anyone joining in. The professors here are very helpful and professional at their work. They are some of the best to learn from. The university really makes everyone feel as if they are apart of a family.

What I have taken from my experience at my college is the education you recieve it. I feel that you bettering yourself is the best thing you can do. College is where you can go to shape the person you want to be, Work hard and get through the obsticles. College is the ebst place that anyone can turn to and feel a sense of gratitude.

The worst thing I would consider about Walsh University is the tuition. Many students who are playing in a extra-curricular activity receive full aid assistance. I am a transfer student, after receiving my Assocaites Degree in Early Childhood Education, I immediately came to Walsh in hopes of receiving assistance for my financial aid and was not helped. They have great education but it is very hard to pay tuition and also work with the variety of classes schedules being limited.

Abby

Walsh University is a small-sized, privately owned college that prides in academic strength and the sincerity of the faculty and students.

Out of my college experience I have received the knowledge to enhance my abilities in my future career, the cultural diversity to help me understand others, and created very dear friendships. Each of the reasons alone is enough to explain why Walsh University has been such a valuable school to attend. From the start of my freshman year frantically searching what classroom I needed to be in up until now where I have built a home, I have gained the comprehension required by workers in my future field. Through dedicated professors, I have struggled and triumphed over ideas which were necessary to understand. The knowledge Walsh has helped me obtain is not only valuable but a true asset. In addition to knowledge, I have a broadened awareness of cultural diversity. Walsh allowed me to study abroad for a semester and experience life and notions far different from my own. The experience proved to be a significant turning point in which I assessed my values and ways of thinking tremendously. Finally, Walsh has also helped me create bonds with friends I cherish every single day. Through programmed activities, I have met friends that encouraged me to be the best I can.

Before coming to this school, I wish I would have known all available options of majors and what they entail.

samuel

I have gotten so much out of my college expeirence that has been invaluble. From great professors who guided me towards assistance in difficult subjects, to great classmates who challenge me to think outside the box every day. When you attend college, it's people like this that push you to your ultimate potential. However you must allow them to, which is something I've taken advantage of. The Chair of my Dept. has been so great in my success in my academic recovery.

Walsh University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.