Washington & Jefferson College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Washington & Jefferson College

Adia

Washington & Jefferson College isn't far from what you'd expect from a small liberal arts college in Pennsylvania. Pretty much all of the fun social attractions are an hour away in Pittsburgh --there' s the Carnegie Museums, better stores, I recently went to the annual Japanese Cultural Festival there, Tekko-- so it can get pretty boring here on the weekends. However, the faculty and classes offered here far outweigh that to me.

Timothy

W&J is a good school. The sciences are fairly strong, though it faces similar challenges as other schools- namely, a few professors who have been here for too long and should probably retire but won't. The dorms are old and so are many of the buildings, but they work. Most professors are extremely open to students, and the chemistry faculty frequently invite students to their homes for a variety of activities. On the weekends, there isn't too much to do, but it is the reality when a school is in a small suburb.

Madison

W&J is a great college. Like most, if not all campuses, there is room for improvement. Yet, at W&J you're able to grow into yourself and become the best version of yourself. With challenging academics, unending extracurricular activities, and more opportunities on campus it is impossible to not find yourself getting involved in all sorts of activities. W&J is the best institution to attend if you're interested in continuing your education or getting a job immediately after graduating. The alumni and career services are amazing and provide a plethora of opportunities for students to find employment in their desired fields.

Eric

Overall the school is a good school to go to, if you like small class sizes, available professors, dry campus, Great Greek life, and nice down to earth people that are off of campus. Safety is a big priority for our Campus Security, the one thing that I don't really like is the food it isn't bad, its just I would rather have home cooked meals, and the only people that can live off of campus are commuters.

Brianna

Receiving this scholarship will improve my self-confidence, knowing that I not only completed a very important and exciting.task, but also took the responsibility of creating a source for getting me closer to my career aspirations. I believe in the importance of earning a college degree. Therefore, I plan to work diligently to obtain my Bachelor's degree in Chemistry by 2020. The scholarship award will only help me further towards my Chemistry degree and my dreams of one day having a successful career as an Agent in the FBI. Being the first generation in my family to attend college full-time, I have always aspired to learn the right way to manage money and to produce successful budgets. I also believe in giving back to my community by helping others in financial crisis, so they won’t have the same financial burdens that I had growing up in poverty single parent household. I have always helped my fellow students with tutoring and have a sense of pride with my accomplishments. I have never received tutoring but I have always been willing to help anyone in need.

I really enjoy going to this school. It is very challenging, but it will all be worth it after graduation. The people on campus are interesting in similar things as me, and the professor s are always there to help. The class sizes are perfect because you are able to built great relationships with the students and professors.

Catherine

Great classes and great professors, but it is in the middle of nowhere and does not really allow for much personal growth. Not a ton of active clubs and activities that do a lot. Great place to learn and study, but not really the stereotypical college years place to go.

Callie

I think that the school is strong academically, but for the amount of money that we pay the housing and food should be better. I also feel that our president should be more involved in the community of the school. Housing needs to be severely improved because there is mold in the showers.

Victor

The school is great. Small size classes. Teachers are very professional and they are always helping you to succeed. Variety of programs they are excellent. Amazing study abroad program. Great academics. Recreational and D3 sports. I recommend this school. High percentage of employment after graduation. It is a very safe campus. Everyone knows each other. Has very good facilities.

Brianna

W&J is a very prestigious school and holds their students very accountable for being on top of their academics at all times. The athletics side gets pushed to the side but personally I believe that is a negative for the School. Due to the rigor of the classes, athletics should be used as a mental outlet for students. Overall, the school is very safe and welcoming to all students in attendance.

Payton

There are plenty of opportunities for students to get involved. Most students are involved in something whether it be sports, Greek life, or academic clubs. The academics are hard but worthwhile. The professors are normally available to talk to. The food could be better but it's not awful.

Ashlynn

I love this school. The students here take their work very seriously. Teachers are always there to help and give many opportunities for internships. Alumni are always available to give advice or even offer a job after graduation. The academics and social experiences prepare you for life after college. It is truly a fantastic place to go to school.

Payton

Overall, Washington and Jefferson College has a lot to offer academically. The professors are almost available to talk to. There isn't a lot to do on campus as far as extracurriculars, but there are a several clubs and organizations for students to join.

It’s a great school. A lot of updates are being made to the buildings, but we lack good food, and nice housing. Most of the dorms do not have air conditioning, and there are a lot of bugs in the dorms. Other than that, the professors are great and so is the staff.

Kelly

During my time at Washington & Jefferson, I was constantly challenged, I always had fun, and I met some of the coolest people ever. I left as the state-of-the-art science center was finished...I never got to attend class there, but it's awesome, complete with motion sensing lights to conserve energy and a high-tech filtration system that recycles rain water. W&J has an incredible science program - most people I know went on to medical school or got a higher degree in a related field. Washington & Jefferson is a tiny, safe campus not far from the excitement of Pittsburgh, PA, and it will most definitely feel like home by the end of your first semester. Go dig in, be challenged by your peers, take advantage of all the study abroad opportunities, and find out not only who you are but also who you can become.

Sydnie

I love W&J! It was my dream school and it truly lived up to the expectations. W&J has made me proud to be who I am today. I've made life long friends through greek life, and found my home. But, also found a new career choice because of our liberal arts education I was able to try new things that I found I loved!