West Texas A & M University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for West Texas A & M University

Shayla

It is a wonderful University! The staff are all supportive and helpful, the curriculum is relevant and educational, and the University has done well to be accommodating for all of its students. My advisor has been very helpful to keep me on the right track!

Reagan

WT is one of the greatest places a student that grew up in a small town can attend. It has the family-like atmosphere, small town feel, and is full of genuine and hardworking people. WT is a great place to be, especially if you are pursuing a degree in agriculture.

Jesenia

WTAMU is a great college to attend. There staff for admissions are friendly and very helpful. The program directors and advisors are also supportive and give a great deal of advice. The professors are usually easy to reach and respond in a timely manner.

Caroline

I absolutely love West Texas A&M (or as we just call it, WT). It is a small campus with a community feel, but many opportunities. WT takes pride in their academic programs, with several majors to choose from that have strong departments. WT professors are genuine and wish to see their students be successful. WT is also an affordable university; despite the low tuition costs, this university has a beautiful campus that is always sponsoring student lead activities. If I had it to all over again, I would definitely choose WTAMU.

I have had nothing but great experiences at WT. Whether they be professor or student, everyone is willing to lend a hand and help out with your studies. The campus itself is wonderful and there has not been a time that I have not noticed how clean and well kempt it is all around the entire campus.

Miguel

I really love my campus I have met a lot of good friends and people that help me out in many things. Student involvement in organizations has made a big change in my life since today I love the outcome of my actions there. Overall WT is the best decision I made in my life to date.

Daisa

.At this campus, you will never find yourself in a dull moment. The people who attend this university are kind and generous, they are always willing to lend a helping hand. Along with the students, the campus is so eventful. If there is not a football game, there is a dorm event, a dance party, or a simple movie night. West Texas A&M really is a home away from home. GO BUFFS!

sheena

I really liked it! The professors were very interesting and enjoyable. Because of my first law related class my junior fall semester and the passion of the professor, it inspired me to apply to law school even though I'm an older student. And I was accepted!!

Alexandra

West Texas A&M University offers a variety of degrees either online and on-campus, I am earning my degree online, and it has been an awesome experience! :). All of my professors that I've taken online have been super friendly and very caring for their students; they don't just want you to get a grade, but make you to learn and understand the subject. Although, I may not be on-campus, I feel I am part of the Buffalo pride :). Go Buffs! ;o)

Nicholas

great school, not too big. Beautiful campus. Friendly people

jaylin

Great school , beautiful campus, everything is accessible . Sports aspects of WTAMU needs help when it come to the football program. but the teacher provide help and the school also provides constant help to make students excell. Campus stays clean and well kept

Hirali

It is an amazing college and campus. There is lot of activities and academically really good. Some classes seem to be hard, but the professors are very helpful.

Frederick

WTAMU is a great university for those who want the college experience without being overwhelmed with size, such as Texas Tech. The professors and faculty are amazing and willing to help students with anything they need. Participation in organizations is encouraged, and there are many different organizations to choose from. All in all, WTAMU is a very healthy environment to learn and study in.

Emory

I will be the fourth person in my family who will have attended WTAMU. I couldn't be happier with how amazingly progressive and familiar the campus as a whole is. Professors are great - they are readily available and are willing to work with students. On top of that, the school offers amazing resources. Student Central has everything one could need - from a disability tutoring center to multiple niches of student help including financial aid, services, and more, there is something for everybody at WTAMU.

Natalie

West Texas A&M is HOME. This university has provided me with countless opportunities that have helped to improve not only my academic strength, but opportunities that have helped me become a more well-rounded person. The Honors College and advisors ensure that you are on the perfect track to success, and truly care about your future and academic success. In addition to the excellent academics, the university prides itself on its leadership program, Rogers LEAD WT, and it accepting of all students, regardless of political opinion, race, or any other defining characteristics. I would not want to be attending college anywhere else. GO BUFFS!

Gloria

WTAMU overall is a great place. It is one of the cheaper schools that actually gives a great education. The community is very friendly. Overall I love West Texas A&M University. Go Buffs!

Duncan

I love West Texas A&M because the students are friendly and engaged and aren't afraid of work or making new friends. The campus is beautiful and the facilities are numerous and useful. The college is cheap, but that doesn't stop it from having a competitive academic program and forensics team. I feel confident in my future with WT and I feel like anyone who decides to come to this college will love it for one reason or another.

Evan

West Texas A & M was the best choice for me. It is in a smaller town with a larger city nearby for shopping and entertainment. The class sizes were small and all of my teachers knew me by name and were always willing to help. There were also many different extracurricular groups to join depending on your interests (i.e. student ministries, intramurals, service organizations, etc.) The campus is a good size and easily walkable.

Erin

I'm a new student, but thus far I am really loving this school. Everyone who has contacted me regarding my program has been incredibly friendly and helpful. The class choices are fantastic, and it is overall very affordable compared to most schools.

Timothye

I've enjoyed my time here at West Texas A & M University. The university provides a variety of services to the students for free that help us to succeed and that support us when we need it. The culture here is very welcoming and the community is great.

Kristianna

A very safe, tight nit community. When you walk on campus you feel welcome and not like everyone is looking at you trying to figure out why you're there. Everyone will help to point you in the direction you need to go. A very diverse and accepting campus that makes you feel as if you're home.

Adrianna

This university located in the panhandle of Texas is a gift ready to be pursued. This college experience will be one to tell all of my family and friends. Not only did I get the opportunity to be a part of the top-ranked softball program, but I was able to engage in the student community. As a student-athlete, we all knew of each other for the most part. With a growing enrollment rate, the student-to-faculty ratio is 30:1. Professors have a passion for what they teach and the students help each other succeed. Game days do not go unnoticed around campus or off. The boosters and support from the community is uplifting. Till this day I still have softball boosters checking on my well-being. Overall, this division II institution offers more bang for your buck. Go Buffs!

Stephen

Overall West Texas A&M University is a great school. Everyone on staff at WTAMU is very friendly and have the students at their best interest. The resources of WTAMU are endless. The students of WTAMU are very friendly and it is a great environment to pursue a college education and in addition their are countless ways to get involved on campus and in the community.

Kaydee

It’s a larger school with a small-town feel, there are resteraunts and grocery stores within walking distance. On campus housing is plentiful but not in the best condition unless you’re willing to fork over a pretty penny. Overall a good college chocie.

Salma

this is a great university. There are a lost of welcoming people at Wt, as well as activities that help students get involved scholarly and socially. The professors are very good at their jobs, and the class environment is nice. overall the university is a great experience.

Jarett

West Texas A&M University is a wonderful mid sized University located in Canyon, Texas. The city of Canyon is a traditional small town USA kind of town. WTAMU has a variety of degree plans and there are activities that will fit most students interest.

Nirali

Its a great school! West Texas A&M University is considered a selective university with an acceptance rate of 67.4% (2014). The university offers 58 undergraduate programs, 39 master’s programs and 1 doctoral program through its 5 colleges and graduate school. West Texas A&M University has awarded more than 71,000 undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees since 1910. West Texas A&M University has been named “military friendly” and its academic programs and campus have been recognized by The Princeton Review,[13] U.S. News & World Report, National Geographic, Newsweek and The Daily Beast.[16] U.S. News ranks WTAMU as #32 for Best Online MBA Programs, #11 for Best Online Graduate Business Programs (Excluding MBA), and #204 for Graduate Studies of Speech-Language Pathology. The University’s Buffalo Sports Park is home to the largest grouping of synthetic athletic fields in the United States, and its Advanced Wind Turbine Test Facility is one of the largest testing facilities in the world for both large and small wind turbines. West Texas A&M University also features academic research, study abroad opportunities, award-winning academic programs, decorated professors, state-of-the-art facilities and Lone Star Conference championships.

Kenzie

I think West Texas A&M University is a great school with lovely teachers who care about their students. It is a good environment to be in & everyone who attends is very friendly & kind. The academics are excellent & there is plenty of extra-curricular activities to attend & join. The sports games are a lot of fun & allow people to support their school & also make new friends. The faculty is very helpful & genuinely cares about the students in the school & their success.

Kassi

West Texas A&M University is an excellent school that is rich in diversity and opportunity. The school is currently growing in attendance and programs offered. The school has focused on beautifying the campus and making the campus and surrounding community welcoming and accessible to students. With a wide variety of courses and programs, extracurricular activities, and financial, employment, and academic support, WTAMU is an excellent college experience.

Ferann

I love WTAMU. I am apart of a sorority, and I love all my sisters. WTAMU is a close knit family and there is always something going on. The teachers are helpful and willing to work with you and do what they can to make what ever it is that you are doing, easier.

McKinzie

I love this school! Everybody around you truly wants to get to know you and help you to succeed, from the professors to the students and even the janitors. There is such a wide variety of majors, people, and extracurricular activities, and even though we all my be different, everybody is so friendly and so willing to help you out. The school provides a wonderful education, not only from the classroom but from the real world itself. I would recommend this school in the highest for anybody who wants to further their education at college.

Evan

I only half a semester, I have fallen in love with the atmosphere of the campus. Everyone is welcoming from staff to students. They also have excellent facilities for learning and extracurricular activities, as well as many student lead activities to join.

I absolutely adore West Texas A&M. For safety, the college is one of the top 10 safest colleges in Texas. Everyone is incredibly supportive everyone, and everyone you talk to is kind and helpful. I know people who are and have attended at WT, and there has never once been a negative comment about the school. You're only 20 minutes from Amarillo, and 20 minutes from Palo Duro canyon, so theres plenty of opportunities for people interested in different things. The usual stereotype of a student is usually an Agriculture Kid, but there are so many different types of people on campus. With all their different campus departments and what seems like a million different majors, you can always find a place for you at West Texas.

Timothy

My overall opinion of West Texas is that they are a very nice school, very polite, very mature, and the students who go to this school are very dedicated and want to learn and make themselves better. I am going to attend in the fall and I look forward to attending this school I am very anxious to be involved in such an incredible school.

Allison

West Texas A & M University is an okay university that focuses a lot on agricultural majors and such, but if you like that then you will like WTAMU. Being an art lover myself there isn't much, including a few of the programs that I was interested in, but hopefully that will change in the future.

BARE MALIKA

A positive experience.

Judith

It's great! I love the small and safe community! Everyone is extremely friendly and active. The dorms put on all sorts of events where you can meet friends or just hang out and eat free food! There are so many orginzations to join and free food all the time!

Jarett

Loved visiting WTAMU! Beautiful campus!

Emma

I love the friendly, academic environment of WTAMU, and despite it having a few flaws in there - such as with the required housing meal plan - the kind people and professors completely make up for it. I would absolutely choose to come here if I could make the choice again.

Clara

West Texas A&M University is a higher learning institution that promotes the well being of students on campus and off. While the dorms can be kind of small and expensive, the community found within them is unmatched. As with most colleges in Texas, football (sports in general) are the talk of the town and WT is no exception. WT just built a brand new football complex , which brings together not only those enrolled here, but the community in Canyon. WT is a small campus, and has been rated the 'second safest' college in Texas, second only to Tarelton. There are many resources on campus to make students feel safe, such as Victim Link and a student run organization known as Nightwatch. Overall, the safety on campus as well as in Canyon is paramount. The only thing I would change, is the fact that commuting into Amarillo is essential to everyday life. While there are some on campus jobs, most are not open to Freshman, and in turn that means that most of the community commutes out of Canyon and into Amarillo, Overall, WT is a safe, respectable, fun school that I would recommend to anyone I meet. GO BUFFS!

Baden

Excellent choice. Great support staff and motivated faculty, that actually care about students. This is a full university with a community college feel. The classes are challenging, but push the students to obtain knowledge, not to weed out students.

Sydney

I am in the AG department and it is wonderful. Other buildings however are small and cramped. A reoccurring problem I've seen in the older buildings are the desks. They are to small and stuffed into a class room. Larger students have issues with them. One girl dropped some classes because she couldn't fit in the desks. I suppose someone could stand during class but it's hard to feel comfortable in such a situation.

Overall I think WTAMU is a fantastic campus. Though I have experienced some issues, the overall feel of the school is charming and homey. If you want a small town feel while still getting a good quality education, I would highly recomend West Texas A&M.

Bradley

West Texas A&M University is a great school to attend. The school has many educational opportunities when it comes to selecting a degree that one would be interested. The campus is very friendly and very safe. The size of the campus very reasonable being that in a matter of 10-15 minutes depending how fast you walk, you can be on the other side of campus in that time. The Faculty and staff are always willing to help and answer questions whether it has to do with classes or where to go for certain things. The campus is also very accessible for anyone and everyone as well as kept very clean. There is always something that one can get involved with on campus to make new friends and meet new people.

The college is a great place to further your academic career. Texas A&M University is known for its traditions and excellence. They offer many majors to online students as well. They are very reasonably priced. They are among the top ten lowest priced universities in the country. I highly recommend WTAMU.

It is filled with "my people." Agriculture, farmers, ranchers, those who love animals. We are (excuse the pun) a unique breed! Texas hospitality is a real thing. Nearby Amarillo has the famous Route 66 stops of "Cadillac Ranch" and "The Big Texas; home of the 72 ounce steak!"

Julia

West Texas A&M University is a very low profile school to attend. There are opportunities to be the "big fish" on campus but it's also a good place to be if you just want to attend school and graduate. I have had a very good over all experience while attending here and have recommended it to other students.

Stefanie

WT is friendly, the food stays the same every week with the exception of holidays or when leftovers from catering events build up in the freezer, the newer dorms allow for a ton of privacy, the older dorms allow for more community, be careful if you have respiratory issues as some of the dorms have had issues in the past. As far as classes go, the ag program is geared more locally, the equine program is great for western people, all other programs are fantastic, the campus is beautiful year round though it is windy and cold most of the year, there are plenty of clubs to join and several friendly faces to get to know, professors are all personable and caring.

darian

It is honestly an amazing campus and the campus life is one of a kind, everyone is so friendly and nice to be around. No matter where you are its just like one big family that is growing constantly each day. one thing I absolutely love is the professor's love for the student's well-being, along with their grades.

Kaitlyn

The university makes it one of its key points to show that your not just another student paying for an education, but one that matters individually. The professors are always available for helping you with your classes or directing you to other services that can help you outside of classes. The campus is always putting on events for you to meet new people, get involved with organizations, and setting you up with the necessary tools to succeed.

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!