Monmouth, OR
Western Oregon University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Western Oregon University

Mariah

I would definitely research more about colleges. Make sure to get more advice on how to pick classes and knowing what I really wanted to do for the rest of my life. Socialize a lot more with others around campus to learn a lot more about my surroundings. Learn more about my field of study, ask more questions, and most of all have fun with whatever I do. Make sure I understand that it is a lot of hard work. Start to do a lot more scholarships for school, and stay close to the poeple that you know will and want to help you out and make you a better person than you were yesterday. Make sure you stay on track and don't socialize with the wrong people that only care about themselves, put school first before other people.

I would have loved to have more knowlegde as to what I was really suppose to do when i transfered over from a community college to a university. There was very little knowledge of how to officially start a degree plan. The coaches didn't really tell the tranfers how to do all that. There was a lot of paper work that needed to be filed.

That even though there are alot of diverse on campus not everyone is always together. There are alot of people that can stick only with their race and stay in with their club members and teammates.

Sabrina

If I had the ability to go back in time, I would tell my high school senior self not to be so nervous about going to college. I would say that everyone else is nervous about making new friends and being in a new place too, so it's easy to meet new people.

The best thing about my school is the small class sizes, which allow professors to spend one-on-one time with each student.

Jason

If I could go back and talk to my High School self I would first tell me to pay more attention in class and strive for better grades. I would also tell myself not to take time off before going to college and to go as soon as I finished high school. Lastly I would just warn myself of how hard it was going to be getting through college after slacking off all of my high school career.

Jonathan

The school is smaller, giving students the opportunity to develop a relationship with the professors. By the time I graduated, I felt like a lot of my professors became my friends, but still remaining fair.

If someone had the ability to see me as a high school student and a college student at the same time, it would be obvious that I was not the same person. I had a lot of difficulties and insecurities in the past that I would have to let myself know there will be rough roads in the future, but do not give up hope and give more to the community. I realize now that the times I gave back is when I did not feel alone and knew my life meant something in this world. I would tell myself that you would get accepted to a Nursing school and be able to make a life for your future family. That would also be the hardest thing to tell myself, I never believed I would have a family, but I would tell him that so he would not feel so alone and do better in High School because the future is bright ahead. I would tell him to still attend Western Oregon University, and Clackamas Community College but getting good grades would help make things financially better. The last thing I would say is, you are worth it.

Honestly, the size of the school made it the best thing for me. The size of the school allowed more time with the professors to clarify concepts in subjects and get the necessary help to advance further.

Kendell

An excellent school that provides a low teacher to student ratio with instructors who enjoy their job and want to see the students learn and succeed by building a relationship with their students.

Steer clear of the peer pressures and romantic relationships. You have plenty of time for those things and college will need the majority of your attention. College is going to be a culture shock so be prepared to be responsible for yourself. Don't party and it is okay to not know what you want to do in life. It is okay to change majors and explore your interests. Have an open mind, and be prepared for one of the memorable times in your life. Make wise choices because trying to finish college with two children is very difficult. You are smart and you are worthy. You don't need men to tell you these things so focus on your studies.

I am not frustrated by anything at my school, at all.

David

Western Oregon helps create dreams for the young and old alike.

Western Oregon helps create dreams for the young and old alike.

Your on the right path. Go ahead and join the Army, but don't reinlist after your tour is over, take thye G.I. Bill and start college. Don't get married, wait until you finish school, otherwise you're going to end up divorced before you're 25. Stop drinking now, it may seem like a lot of fun, but it's going to cause you so many problems. Don't worry about not fitting in, everybody else feels the same way they're just better at hiding it. You are enough, don't let other people or your own head tell you your not. Pick your friends carefully, make friendship that will last. Pick people who are honest, loyal and respectful. Do this because you need to learn it from some one. Your lack of family up bring is not an excuse, far more people have been through much worse, you're not a victim

Their book prices and buy back policies. I've paid over $480.00 for a book and when I went to sell it back it was only worth $56.00

Angel

Western is a great place to go if you want to feel at home and want to get to know your professors and peers well.

Don't be afraid! College isn't as scary or hard as it seems. You're a good student and you'll have no problem here. There are so many opportunities to make friends and connect with people who have the same interests. You'll never find people who understand you like the friends in your major do. Don't be afraid to follow your heart. Follow your passion. The professors and advisors will tell you how to be successful doing whatever it is you want to do. Don't keep your nose stuck in your books. This will be the greatest time of your life so far. Take a break from studying and go out with your friends or roommates. Get to know your professors well. They'll be more understanding about issues you may have if they know you're commited to your education and the class. Take advantage of every opportunity to learn or grow that comes your way. THIS IS THE TIME. Take classes that scare you or are out of your comfort zone. Join clubs, play sports, see shows. This is YOUR time. Make it count.

I wish I had known how awesome the dance program is because I would have started it way earlier.

Timmarie

Very diverse but somewhat odd student body

Very diverse but somewhat odd student body

I would definitely prepare more for college. I had no idea what I wanted in college and I would do more research about where I wanted to go. I would look for schools that had more to offer and had better social lives. I would get a higher gpa so that I could get more financial aid. I would not go to college with a boy friend but instead be open to every situation that came about.

The fact that there is no social life and everyone smokes weed every day

chandler

The advise I would give myself would be to expand my knowledge in citing sources, and using the internet and textbooks for information. In high school I wasn't taught how to use sources to create my essays properly. I have had to teach myself in college in order to complete my essays and other work. Citation is key to a good essay, and also making sure the original author gets credit for their work. In high school I wasn't taught the proper way to cite a source, and have had to teach myself this in order to finish my college work.

rachel

My classmates are eager to learn, not so eager to learn, attentive, disconnected, involved, active, sleepy, wide-awake, light hearted, fun loving, and my favorite, are capable of deep conversations that often take place regularly, inside and outside of a classroom setting.

I think that WOU is best known for its diversity. I think our campus is diverse racially, culturally, and ethnically. This is displayed by the many resources around campus. There is a huge variety of clubs and groups to get plugged into around campus including ASL, 'nesian club, spanish club, LBGS, Student-Athletes, fraternities, and much more. Diversity is also exhibited through the different cuisines around town. There are a few mexican restaurants, teriyaki, thai, chinese, japanese, lebanese and of course your choice of fast food. Each cuisine is authentic but at the same time is sensitive to other cultures.

The advice that I would give myself as a high school senior would be to build more meaningful relationships with the ones around me. As a high school senior, I had a lot of friends but I wouldn't say that I had a lot of close friends. I think I would tell myself to put more effort into building relationships that are going to last and withstand the test of time. Along with having strong relationships, comes branching out and leaving my comfort zone to make these relationships happen. I was a little bit shy and guarded when it came to communicating with teachers, bosses and adults in general. I am learning now that these people taking on these leadership roles in society do have a lot of beneficial advice. I have found that because they are older they have experienced a lot more than I have, so they may have some insight that goes hand in hand with what I am going through everyday as an involved student.

Western Oregon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.