Augusta State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Augusta State University

Aysia

Augusta University is a multi-cultural school, and the organizations at the school reflect them. There are plenty of organizations that will appeal to someone's cultures, and there are others that everyone can join, with no discrimination. I love the the small class settings, and the teachers are always willing to work with you, if you are helping yourself.

Esther

I love being here at Augusta University !

Chelsea

Its a great school. It feels a lot like home. The environment is great and the people are wonderful. Augusta State provides a lot of opportunities that other college do not provide. It is one of the most prestige medical colleges in the nation if not the world.

Savannah

I love my school, I think that with it being on the smaller side it makes the learning experience more intimate. I also love that the class sizes are smaller because it gives the students more of an opportunity to have a closer relationship with the teachers, which has helped me tremendously! Augusta does a great job at having school activities on campus, providing a safe and free place to hangout and meet different people.

Jacob

Compared to other universities, we have a small to non-existent party scene. This school is known for its focus on academics. Augusta University has a few sports teams in our athletics program. We do not even have a football team. This is a great school for any dental, medical, technology and even business aspiring students.

Monecia

Augusta University is an excellent medical college for those who what to be in the medical field. They have also stepped up with adding cyber security for those who intend to have that major. Campus activities take place every week, and they make sure that they get everyone involved.

Logan

This is a great college with many opportunities per a semester.

Kiana

It is a great school. If you like a small campus environment and teachers who will be able to know you personally, then this is a school for you! The campus food could be better and the campus housing is safe and okay. Overall it is a great school for students to attend.

shelby

The science courses are killer, but the size is just right, it is comfortable, and convenient. You really have to buckle down and make sure you have a good study technique, good time management, and a good sense of balance. The only issue I have had other than with the hard science courses, is the administrative workers. They defer you to other departments a lot and sometimes questions you may have take a long time to get answered or resolved.

makayla

In my couple of moths of being here, I never thought I would like my local college this much. The teachers have a really passion for what they do and the people I have met here, whether they are staff or peers, are really supportive of each other.

Udochukwu

I love Augusta University. Professors are interested in giving students great learning experiences. The class sizes are small enough that you aren’t lost in the crowd. Most proffessors are very accessible and personable. It literally feels like everyone is cheering for your success— the academic advisors, professors, other staff. There are also many ways to get involved on campus, so many ways to give back to the community. AU is just awesome!!!

C.J.

This school is great! The class sizes are small and you feel like you belong. The school is big on diversity so you always get to meet cool new people. The fact that the school is small makes you feel like you're in the right place and you don't feel overwhelmed. The professors are top notch and willing to work with you not only in your academic career but also in future career goals.

Mary

It is a beautiful city and campus overall. Mine and my family's biggest priority is safety. Augusta State University has on-site police officers 24/7 who are able to walk with you on the way back to the dorms or they are able to open your car doors for you if ever you left your car keys in the car. They are ready whenever you need them and my parents and I are extremely relief and glad for having them to keep students safe.

Julian

It's a pretty great place to go. Most of the professors are extremely helpful and nice. The academia is amazing at this school, especially its' Cyber Security fields. Many people also go here for the nursing program they have, which is a field that is in very high demand.

Doyin

Augusta University is a great college to go to especially if you are thinking about pursuing a career in healthcare because they offer many resources in those fields. The college is affiliated with the Medical College of Georgia, so students have opportunities to shadow and intern at hospitals. While it is not known for being a party school.Downtown Augusta has access to local restaurants, local concert events, museums, and River watch area, where visitors have opportunities to view the Savannah River.

Kay

It is an awesome school to attend. The campus itself is very beautifully kept. Although it may seem like a small school it is very family oriented and the faculty and staff provide excellent individualized customer service for the students and the community.

Roshni

It is a great place for students interested in the pre-med or pre-dental. THe professors are helpful and try to make everything accessible so students are able learn. Science classes can be difficult but it is not impossible. Overall, it is a bid community with nice and welcoming people.

Krystal

I love it here! I feel like I have a family away from home and there are plenty of opportunities for me to grow as an individual and a leader. There's always something to do on campus because our student programming bard always puts on free events for the students.

Augusta State University is a medium sized campus in a decent city along the eastern border of Georgia. The newly renovated dorms are small but functional. They take campus safety very seriously, and there is hardly ever a reckless party. I would recommend this college to anyone who is serious about being successful in their future.

Elana

Augusta University has nice campuses, good class sizes, but the professors and food are something to be concerned about. If you don't check ratemyprofessor.com, you can end up with a horrible professor and the food for the freshmen dining hall is pretty bad except on certain days. They definitely need to make some changes, but I believe your experience here is based on how driven you are overall.

Jahne'

The college is a good school. There is not much to do in Augusta besides the mall, so it can get pretty boring on the weekends. This college forces you to focus just on academics because there is not much to do. As a student I do not believe that I have much of a social life which I do not mind.

Susan

Augusta University has a very diverse and inclusive environment. The people here are nice and friendly and will look out for you when you need help. I was considering transferring, but I might stay the rest of my college time here because of that reason.

Anu

Augusta state is a small university good for people that like small classrooms and close knit communities. The academics at the school are ok but the science classes are especially hard. Overall, teachers are helpful with study hours but some of the science teachers can be rude. The advisors in the science department as well aren't very helpful.

Augusta University is a diamond in the rough. Not only is the tuition fairly cheap in the grand scheme of colleges, but the campus offers a plethora of on-campus student activities. Every month, the Maxwell Theater on campus offers free showings of unique movies for students. Additionally, the arts provide orchestra and band concerts, along with annual pottery sales from the Mad Potters' Club. Academics are up-to-par and class sizes are perfect with most classrooms having fewer than 30 students. Professors are well-qualified and readily available in person or through email. Campus facilities are constantly being updated. For example, two spacious Mac computer labs have recently been built and the technology in classrooms is continuing to evolve with every semester. Overall, AU is a great school that offers everything a college student needs. Greek culture and sports are promoting through student events regularly, the college is located centrally in the city, and students are provided with a great education for a price that won't break the bank.

Michaela

I love the environment and the people. My school gets involved in the community. We always try to volunteer and help those around us. I truly believe I would not be more prepared for my career at any other university. The food is pretty good and housing outstanding. The dorms are only two years old. Overall, Augusta University is an amazing place to be.

Kamille

I have been attending now Augusta University for nearly 3 years now and I can personally say I enjoy the college a lot. Academically wise I believe the school strives to push students to do their very best. Even though there is a small student body I believe that it helps with students connecting with each other. The diversity and closeness of the students on campus now as of 2017 is actually very incredible to see, because I know when I first started in 2014 I really did not see that as much. Being that I am from Augusta I look at the campus as a community college, but I can say that it is one of the best. Attending a college as such that does not have a very large number of students I believe helps students mold more to the college life, instead of jumping right into the large body college style. Me personally I can say I have been greatly influenced by the experiences I have gained by attending here. I have met many great individuals that have I seen blossom, like myself and it has been magnificent. I believe people really look down on small colleges like the one I attend. What they fail to realize is that students can gain just as many experiences, and learn just as much if not more than attending a college that is larger. For those students who are just now coming out of high school and are looking for colleges to attend, just know that college is going to be one of your greatest memories. Just remember to weigh out all of your options, and don’t overlook the small things.

Mallory

When I came to Augusta, I fell in love with it. The campus is the perfect size and everyone has a welcoming personality.

Chase

I like Augusta University a lot. It is a good school that is well known in the local community. Many people opt to go here not only because it is available but because it really is a good school. I am inn the ROTC program right now, which is a very good one.

Trinity

It is a very nice academic institution and the teachers are good but there should be more activities to make students interact more and get to know more people. There are some activities but there should be a couple that are mandatory so more people go. Overall it is a good school but the city of augusta is very boring

Zakenya

I absolutely fell in love with Augusta State University! The minute I stepped on campus for the first time during Preview Day I knew this was the college where I would complete my undergraduate degree. The faculty and students are all very helpful and they have this intense passion to learn and teach.

chantara

So far from what I seen of Augusta State University I love. The classroom size is small and I like that. It’s easier to learn in a smaller classroom setting. Everyone seems so nice and easy going and easy to talk to when I need help. And I am so excited to continue my education at Augusta State University.

Raj

I personally like it. It is a medium sized college with a great teacher to student ratio. The teachers tend to be involved and seem like they genuinely want to help their students. The students are also great, most are friendly and are willing to engage in intellectual discussions. The best part about Augusta University is the diversity of its students. It is fascinating to see, and be apart of, a community where everyone can get along and enjoy their college lives.

Timmy

It is great academically and pushes students to strive to achieve, although the method in helping students achieve goals needs to be executed better. Teachers need to meet students demands and open up more free-time schedules so students can come in for extra help.

Nadine

As long as you are engaged in the school you'll do well, which can be said for lots of colleges. Augusta University has a pretty high acceptance rate, and is a pretty cheap school too, so there is a population that will not be as dedicated, but if you go out and try to find engaged students you will find them and they will push you to make the most of your time.

Kendra

I love it! The campus is beautiful, especially at night. There are intimate class sizes and professors that are willing to help. We have a great tutoring program and great recreational facilities. Everyone underestimates Augusta University because it is seen as a "small town college," but it there is much more to it. From the basketball games to the study sessions on the amphitheater lawn, we always have something going on!

Victoria

I think it is a great school with good prestige and a beautiful campus. They offer a variety of services to help students succeed and there is a lot of opportunities to get involved in student life. They are a bit pricey but I guess that’s a common trait amongst colleges.

Emilio

Augusta university is a great school for those who are smart and willing to further their education, but do not have the high grades and scores needed to get into colleges such as the University of Georgia. It is near many different shops and recreational activities that being bored will be hard to achieve!

godfrey

I believe Augusta State University is an amazing school.

I began my journey at Augusta University by enrolling in the nursing program and I am currently a senior in the program. I live over 250 miles away from the campus and had been informed from multiple people in my community about how great their nursing program is and the quality of education they offer; this is what drove me to apply to their program. The faculty thus far have been tremendously informative and very encouraging of our success in the program. They are exceedingly knowledgeable and have offered great advice from their years of experience in the field. The facility at Augusta University offers a great opportunity for us to learn and thrive in the field. I am grateful to be given the opportunity to study at Augusta University, and I am proud to be Jaguar.

Cadence