Brenau University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Brenau University

KaitLynn

Brenau is an amazing university. The staff and administration are here to help us during this pandemic and really enforce all of the rules to make sure we are safe. The community with all of the students is amazing. I was only on campus for two days and I already made plenty of friends.

Chassy

Brenau is an accredited school that charges for it's name. The history behind the school is wonderful, but the reality is that its barely getting by. The teachers in the nursing program seem to be professionals that were let go from their fields. They're chaotic, unorganized, and more the occasionally, rude. Now even the worse schools have staff that are diamonds in the rough, and Brenau is no different. There are staff members that are wonderful, but unfortunately, you won't encounter them often in the classroom. The facilities themselves are falling apart. They're just old. The science building for example, has minimal heating and air, one functioning bathroom for the whole building (for both sexes to share), and the water is always brown from the rusted pipes, not to mention undrinkable. They're newest building is not state of the art, but it is much nicer than the rest of campus. Unless you're in the pre-med program though, you probably won't ever see how nice it is. The student population is as friendly as any other, and it is right downtown. Anything you could need, you can get with a short walk or drive, which is nice. Overall, it's overly priced, with the benefit of enjoying the company of your classmates while you teach yourself.

Berlinda

Brenau University is a good fit for me because it offers my major which is biology and my minor dance. The Student/Faculty ratio is 11:1. Evaluating the kind of student I am, I like small classes because of the one-on-one relationship with the professors.

Aja

I love Brenau University. There are so many different opportunities here at Brenau. They range from cultural opportunities to academic. There's a strong sense of community and sisterhood that I just adore. The professors are wonderful, and extremely helpful. They want their students to succeed. The class sizes are small, which gives professors the opportunity to get to know their students. The campus and location is beautiful and convenient.

sandra

It is a home away from home. the teachers care about you and most of the students are really nice. classes are not supper hard but you still learn. their is always something to do on campus. clubs, activities, meetings, class, friend groups. yo will never be board and if you don't like the food. the school has a lot of short distance walks to restaurants.

Heidi

I would say if you're doing pre reqs have at it, but if you have a choice don't go here for nursing. This is the worst specialized program that I have EVER EVER been a part of. The teachers may have experience in the nursing field, but not in teaching.

Sommer

Brenau University has such a wonderful sense of community between the students. If you ever have a problem, you can talk to either your fellow Brenau women or one of your teachers. The campus is beautiful and the traditions, sports, and greek life MATTER! You always have a voice if you want something changed and the faculty is always willing to listen.

Jaala

A women college is such a beautiful thing, and having class with as little as 5 students is wonderful too... But Brenau University is just not for me. Yes, it is a private school but this school is highly overpriced. Where exactly is our $40,000 going to? They're slightly low on staff, the food sucks, and the freshman halls are so outdated and in bad condition. Sadly, about 98% of the freshman I've spoken to say they only attend this school because they received scholarships. I have not been enrolled for an entire month and I am already looking into transferring schools. Which is another issue: credits here are so hard to transfer. I'm sure there are other students pleased with this school, I'm just not one of them.

Allyson

Brenau University is full of knowledgable professors who honestly care about your success. The historic campus is beautiful and has a lot of character. It is also located near the town square for good shopping and great eating. Class sizes range from 15-30 people which allows you to build a personal relationship with each professor. Professors are always willing to meet with you to help you navigate problems within and outside of the classroom. This campus also has newly renovated sorority houses and a very active Greek life. Although to gain the best experience of what Brenau has to offer, it is best to live on campus. It feels much safer to live on campus than some of the surrounding options and makes it much easier to make friends and be involved to make the best of your time while at Brenau.

Alana

My over all opinion of Brenau University is that it's a good school. My top picks for Brenau are, the class sizes are not large to where you won't get noticed and receive the attention you need. I had the pleasure of attending classes on campus as well as online and found both to be true. What I absolutely LOVE is that every student is assigned a coach and basically what they do is check up on you periodically to make sure you can handle your class load, talk about next steps and just really show the student concern for their educational future. I like that most about the school. I feel like I am receiving special attention. This help because at times I was able to voice my frustrations and my coach shared with me difficulties of when she was in school. I find the class load challenging but not to difficult that I can't manage. There are convenient campuses all across Georgia, I like this school and would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to return to school.

My school has a beautiful main campus. The students their are extremely proud of their campus and function as a unit. However, I am a nursing major and am therefore housed in a different campus. I feel like being away from the main campus has been a bit disappointing because the building isn't as nice and we are not as involved in campus activities as they are on the main campus. I love Brenau and I hope they fix the disconnect between campuses.

Kylie

Brenau University is a school where everyone feels like they belong somewhere. There is always plenty to do around campus, with faculty encouraging students to join clubs and participate. The dining hall could have better food, but overall the facilities are very well maintained. Many of the buildings on campus are over 100 years old, but the college also has a feeling of newness.

Caroline

I love Brenau University. I am currently living on campus and I have gotten to meet so many people that I would not have met otherwise. Overall everyone that I have met that has gotten involved on campus has fallen in love with this school. The dining hall food is not very good, but Brenau is in walking distance of Gainseville Square where there are some great places to eat. Brenau's academic programs are challenging; since the class sizes are so small, I have been able to meet almost everyone in each of my classes. Having smaller class sizes also enables the teachers to get to know their students which makes it easier to ask the questions you need. There are also so many ways to get involved on campus which means there is something for everyone.

Payton

It is a beautiful campus! Not too big, not too small. Full of opportunity for enjoying and participating in fine arts year round. I can't wait to attend next fall!! The theater department is second to none! The music directors, theater directors and teachers are phenomenal, and very interested in each student as a person and in their personal growth.

Josephine

Brenau University is located in small, beautiful town of Gainesville, Georgia. It is known for being a woman's college, but they do accept all genders. It is also known for being a small campus, making college life an even better experience than any other University. Students really get a chance to know their professors, and are able to have many one on one conversations. All the staff members and students are extremely friendly, it feels like a family. It makes me feel like I truly belong at college.

Joy

I enjoy the small class sizes and the fact that they offer classes for working adults. This allows for older students to continue working and also continue their education. This has been very beneficial for me since I am a manager trainee, who must complete my degree to achieve the manager position. However, tuition is expensive, and my aid will run out before I complete my degree.

Nairi

Honestly. There are many pros and cons to this university. The hugest problem is the expenses and because it is a private institution of course it will be expensive, however i feel that is the main thing this school should let parents and potential students know ahead of time. Not everyone knows much about school. Most dorms are pretty old but they should be improving soon and food, well i eat noodles more than the dining hall

Kyree

Since joining the Brenau Family, I have enjoyed my time here. The classroom spaces are good sizes so you do not feel overwhelmed and also, you have a better relationship with your peers and teachers. I feel as if I have a better chance with succeeding for the future attending this college. The campus vibe is very uplifting. Everyone is very welcoming and you can make many friends here. Overall it is a great school and I recommend it!

tamar

wish it could of been some new looks because it does look very old looking school. but the school is very expensive. i actually had a conversation with the president of the university he asked me how likely am i going to attend i told him 8.5 because the school cost so much. the next day i receive a academic reward of 17 thousand dollars but mind you school cost 27,000 and that just tuition that not including housing mean plans so that an extra 23,000 dollars i need all the scholarship money i can get so i can get my nursing degree.

alexis

Brenau is a place where you can be yourself and do what you wanna do. It has a great location where you can easily get a job for your degree as soon as you graduate. The faculty and staff of brenau are great and they will be with you every step of the way so you don’t have to worry about being alone.

Blake

Brenau University excels in developing the skills of students within their specific major. Each major is provided with a wide array of professional opportunities fostered by professional educators. With that being said, the educative side of Brenau University is phenomenal. However, if you want to come to Brenau to party, this is the wrong place for you. BRENAU MEANS BUSINESS. Brenau's social life emphasizes and reminds the student body that you have come to obtain a degree, not to rave. There are several events that stimulate the atmosphere of the student body, including but not limited to; Midnight Breakfast, Winter Weekend, and Mayday... But, these events are isolated to their specific time. So in closing, Brenau is great for any serious student.

Juana

Brenau seems like the perfect fit, for a college experience. I recently went to tour and do a do a picture game, I had a lot of fun. It made the tour so interesting. I also made quite a few friends that day! the people are so nice. The sun hits perfectly so you can go out and sit in the grass and just chill out.

Rebecca

I started my journey over 2 years ago and I am pleased to say that I have grown mentally through my studies. I have been taught the importance of a healthy study habit and been very successful. Brenau University is a great place to obtain you dreams through a degree.

Kristina

Brenau is an amazing school! Once you step onto campus, you suddenly feel at ease. The campus is incredible safe, the students are so sweet and considerate. This is the right place to be. The professors are so easy to talk to and you can easily reach them during their office hours as well as through email.

Andrea

It's overall a great school with small class sizes that make it easier to learn and have a greater relationship with your peers and professors. The campus is beautiful and filled with historic statues. They are also a liberal school so it pushes you to be more creative than most other colleges.

Courtney

I absolutely love the academics! The teachers as well as the students are very helpful and often tend to the ones that need extra help. Because we are a smaller school, we have smaller class sizes, so the teacher-student ratio is not at all overwhelming. I feel like I can personally get to know my professors, and lectures with fewer people helps me feel more comfortable to ask questions. Overall the programs are well-equipped and each program has a well-staffed team to educate the students. I couldn't imagine not being anywhere else but at Brenau University.

Brinae

Brenau University is an exceptional school, with great courses, excellent teachers and a friendly student body, however, it could be improved in many ways. For instance, a notable difference on campus is diversity. This is a predominantly white institution, so there is a majority of white students on campus than black or international students which is a different dynamic to grasp for incoming minority students. Moreover, there is an overall dislike for the Dining Hall which is known as, the gag for their unseasoned and uncooked food. Furthermore, another setback is the campus life as Brenau University has strict quiet hours, implement a dry campus and don't allow parties which make students travel to other colleges and clubs to party and socialize.

Sonya

Brenau has a beautiful campus and I can’t wait to start my freshman year in the fall. I’ve gotten a chance to talk to some students who go there and they have all told me wonderful things that helped me make my decision to attend Brenau University! Go Golden Tigers!!

elli

Brenau is a great school if you are looking for a small, homey environment. Going to school is something that makes me happy every day because of the people and community at Brenau. The teacher genuinely care about your success, so it is difficult to not succeed.

FELECIA

Brenau is awesome. I came to Brenau after I decided to go back to college. The experience has been nothing short of amazing. I have classes both on ground and online. My professors genuinely care about our education. Each profession that I have dealt with has been amazing! I was skeptical about going back, but this was the best decision I have made. The enrollment specialist took the time to help me and I have a success coach all through the process. I after I graduated this May, I have received help to help my find a job in my field. Even assistance with my resume. There are resources readily available to help. I look forward to going back this fall for the graduate program.