Clearwater, FL
Clearwater Christian College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Clearwater Christian College

Gabrielle

My classmates encourage academic excellence, and help out when needed.

My classmates encourage academic excellence, and help out when needed.

Take some college courses while you are in high school. It is cheaper and you will get the experience of being taught by college professors. Also, make a schedule to follow; if you must divert from it, make sure that it is only once in a while. Furthermore, make sure that you are getting the appropriate amount of sleep so that you are able to effective throughout the day. Do not feel as if you have to choose a mojr right away. If you have to change it's ok. Try taking different classes about things that interest you while you are a freshman and sophomore. Ask people what they like and do not like about their major's. It's good to get other's opinions especially if you are not really sure about what you want to study. Work as much as possible to help pay for school so that you will not have to get out loans. Try your hardest; try not to compare yourself to your peers. Most people do not learn the same. If you are having trouble with something, do not be afraid to ask for help. You should try to get an internship.

A person that does not care about his or her spiritual or academic life should not attend this college.

Clearwater Christian College is best known for its spiritual atmosphere. The teachers are always there to encourage and push the students. They all have a heart for the Lord, and it shows as they teach in their classes. Chapel services are focused on praise and worship and always have great speakers.

I would tell myself that I need to not be easliy angered. Things happen in the dorm and flipping out over every little thing is not the way to keep my roommates close. Living with two other girls is difficult at times. With the Lord's help I can be slow to anger and wise in my decisions. I'm thankful that God has given me great friends as my roommates!

Besides the fact that it is an amazing spiritual encouragement, the school offers fun activities. I am always kept busy and am having a blast!

Trent

I would stay on top of all things I had to get ready for this year. All of my financial things and just preparing myself mentally for the transition. I also would take more college courses while in hightschool, I took a few and they really prepared me for the transition to college. To watch my money closer and to spend less on things that I wanted and more on putting the money toward my education.

I wish I would have known some more of the proceures and some of the class schedule things, but I have adapted and now I am enjoying my time here at CCC very much.

I can't really say anything bad about CCC, the facuality and the staff are always looking to help u succeed in your carreer and your future. They care only for to see the students to succeed in life and in all they do here at CCC. The administration and the rule are that to be aspected at a private college, but for me they keep me where and what I am suppose to be doing so for me they are a plus.

Jeff

The teacher student ratio is really good. The teachers and other faculty members actually take a care and interest in our lives. They want us to do well and are willing to help us.

Enjoy High School, do research on colleges early on. Save money for college, and be prepared to work during college. Also be ready for all different types of roommates, you never know what kind you'll end up with. Don't just dream of being on your own, You will definately be missing home.

I can't think of anything, I'm very satisfied here.

Clearwater Christian College is probably best known for its conservative Biblical standards. It focuses in on God and discipling the students. Everything they do is meant to help the students grow in their relationship with Christ to become better witnesses of the gospel.

It is not all about you. Life in high school is great. Your mom does all the cooking, cleaning, and shopping, while you get to just focus on school. Normally you have your own room and your own bathroom. Life is good. At college, it is completely different. You have to learn to live with many other people. You cannot always do the things you want to do because your roommate is sleeping, or there are rules against it. You must begin to put others ahead of yourself and your interests. Conflicts will arise, but if you can be humble and just sit and talk with the person the relationship can be restored. Overall, at times you will struggle and want to leave, but it is totally worth it. You will leave having grown so much through the whole experience.

I love the Godly mentors and friends that can be found here. They encourage you and challenge you to become better every day.

Lucy

We have very friendly and well-qualified professors. Because our school is so small, there is as much personal interaction between professors and students as the student desires. You know everyone on campus since it is only a campus of 600 students including commuters. We have an excellent educational program; once you graduate you can get a job almost anywhere in education.

I would tell myself to keep working hard even though those around me will tend to slack off. Oftentimes throughout your college career, you will want to quit or just do the bare minimum - do not do that. Reach your potential and keep working hard. Find out what requirements you need to meet for education, and keep trying to learn all that you can as you go out into the classroom. Be kind to everyone because you do not know who your friends will end up being. Be honest with the friends that you do make, because your true friends will love you the most for the hard things that you told them. Even the people you dislike may need to be loved. Prioritize and plan your time to include friends, family, school, and sleep. Sometimes you will need to say no even though you think something will be fun. The most important thing in your life will always be your relationship with God. The only way to keep that relationship close and vibrant is to read the Word daily. No matter how tired you feel, always strive to wake up and start the day with a conversation with Christ.

Some of the rules such as dress code, going to movie theaters, and staying over at people's houses. You have to get permission to stay over at people's houses. Movie theaters are never allowed, and some of the dress code requirements are difficult to follow semester-long especially as you get into your internship.

Philip

Apply yourself more, it makes things a lot easier!

Apply yourself more, it makes things a lot easier!

Some policies are outdated and unhelpful. I came knowing CCC had a traditional, conservative background, but would like to see more steps taken to meet students at a more modern context.

Clearwater Chrisitan College is a great place to learn and grow in your faith, but I think it would be most beneficial to someone who is secure in their faith and who are able to submit to authorities.

Christina

I think the important thing to finding the right college is deciding what you want from college before you attend. A lot of students have come to my college who discovered that it wasn't right for them. To make the most of your college experience, I think it is important to take classes seriously, but also to have fun with your friends. I think a lot of people mix that idea up with alcohol and parties, but you don't need those at all. I have had an awesome college experience without either of those things. I have amazing friends who are there for me, and I can be there for them. We can study together, and have fun together whether it's laughing, and joking around or playing in the rain, or going to the beach. I think to make the most of your college experience you also have to remember that you're paying for your education and that you need to do well in your classes.

I knew alot about the school before I came. I can not think of anything specifically.

I brag most about my friends. You meet the most amazing people here who become the closest friends you will ever have. The size of the college is perfect to get to know your classmates and faculty members. The teachers are almost always willing to help with schoolwork.

Derek

Clearwater Christian College is not only training me for my future profession, but it is also training me for life by instilling quality values.

The uniqueness of Clearwater Christian College is the student to teacher ratio. The biggest class I have been in has had 70 students in it. The average size of a class in a major course in around fifteen. The students get to know the teachers well and vice versa. A student does not feel intimidated to go up and talk to a teacher or ask for help. The staff is very willing to help and talk to students about anything.

The advice that I would give parents and/or students about finding the right college is to visit the college beforehand. It is not a good idea to go to a college without having an idea as to what it is like. By visiting the college before he attends it the student will get a feel for what the college offers and what it is all about. If a student or parent is not able to visit the school, the next best thing to do would be to ask someone who goes there what it is like. In order to make the most out of the college experience a student should get involved in extracurricular activities. By doing this the student will be placed in situations that they are not used to. They will also be able to meet new people and make new friends which will make the college experience that much better. Do not get lost in the crowd, but rather get involved!

Justin

Intelligent, committed, occasioanly irresponsible but overal good.

Intelligent, committed, occasioanly irresponsible but overal good.

Make sure you choose a college that gives you the most opportunity to advance in the your field of study while still giving flexibility to explore other areas if you begin to change your mind about your studies. Definitely study more than you socialize, but its very important to not isolate yourself. Study in groups and be sure to take time for yourself and relax.

limited opportunities due to a small budget and little/no federal endowment.

Clearwater Christian College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.