Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Daytona State College

Sandra

My classmates are dual-enrollment high school seniors.

My classmates are dual-enrollment high school seniors.

My school is best known for nursing program. I have heard that Daytona State College have an excellent two year nursing program.

If I could back in time as a high school senior I would advice my self to learn a second language. Because I did not attend high school in the USA, it was very challeging to enter a USA college. I think that knowing a second language is really important and many students should spend more time in doing do so. In addition, I would advice my self to enjoy and value the momentes with my professors and classmates. Now that I in college I have realized that high school was a great time in my life.

Trang

Since I studied my high school in Vietnam, I would have advised myself to spend more time on practising my English. My high school did not teach the pupils how to speak in English, instead they focused on teaching the grammar part. When I first came to the United States, I was shocked by how the English is sounded and spoken daily in a real world. Fortunately, I am getting used to it over time. Everybody that I know says my English is getting better every day.

I think this school is good for everyone. Most of the professors are friendly and helpful. I am very satisfied with the professors.

The most frustrating thing about the school is the administration department. They are not very helpful and not quick at responding to your questions.

Angela

Our school in known for the great academic department that we have. There are tutors available to help you from 8am to 8pm. The professors are usually more than willing to help in any way they can to see you suceed.

If I could go back in time and tell myself that I needed to go to college after high school I would want to know why. Now that I have the answers it is all too clear. It is so much easier to go to college when you are younger and carefree. There is no real worry about bills, that mom and dads job. You also never know where life is going to lead you. You might have children and cant go to college at the time you have decided you are ready. Go while you are in a position where you have help from your parents. After you become a parent it is a lot harder to study, make money and have time for fun things like college parties and activities. I do hope that every high school student has enough encouragement to go to college and make something out of their life. It makes it all worth it when you have a rewarding carreer, and the benifits that come along with it.

Almost anybody could join this school. If you are really not willing to put a effort into the school then you will not accomplish anything. The advisors want you to be serious and will help you find what you a career.

Kellee

The advice I would give myself would be to go to college right after high school and not take a semester off from college. I would of told myself to take more advanced classes as a senior to prepare myself as a college student.

A first time student just getting out of high school.

The most frustrating thing about school is time management between home and school.

Britta

College life requires a whole new outlook on life, but one should not be scared or discouraged. It is a wonderful time of discovering new traits about oneself, and finding friends. I would advise myself not to be so afraid of my life as a future college student.

The worst thing is the library. It is old and dank, and feels as if it is about to crumble down. Also, there are not many areas for students to study in. Most are off-limits to that sort of activity.

I think that this school allows all students, of all ages and ethnicity to attend it. However, if one is looking for four year degrees, this is not the college for that person. They only offer a limted number of four year degrees.

Julia

A flock of geese all trying to be the leader but not knowing a destination.

A flock of geese all trying to be the leader but not knowing a destination.

Listen to your parents, teachers, older siblings, and your friends when they talk to you about college. They really do know what they're talking about. Save your money for school and work hard. College is your outline for your life and you have complete control over it. It wont be easy but it pays off in the end.

I wish I would have known that no matter what excuse you throw at your professors they have definitely already heard it.

Steven

Local College catering to the working person wanting to earn their degree.

Local College catering to the working person wanting to earn their degree.

Affordable classes, easy access campus locations, and a large offering of classes.

Learning will be fun! As you grow up you will understand the importance of your education. Earn your degree now so you can excell later in life. No you will never need to know every aspect of algebra, but you do need to learn how to learn - that is why you are learning algebra! Stop fighting the system and become an important part of it, you do matter! Relationships, jobs, and your fantastic looks will change - sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. Never spend a day of your life upset because of something you can not control, you will forget these issues. Always look for the best in people and situations, laugh as often as you can, and remember that life is short. When you become older, have fantastic memories to reflect upon and desires to motivate you. Always have a dog in your life and know that you will out live each one of them, it is part of living. Drive a car that makes you happy and proud! Only eat things that are wonderful! Have fun, it is your life, good luck!

Heather

The only thing that I would change is making myself dual enroll because it helps advance your goals in a faster manner. I might even be a little further ahead right now if I would have done this. So far, it seems just as though you are in high school but treated as an adult, which makes the environment much nicer.

Unfortunately, our school has a deficit in parking areas. The first couple weeks of school are actually the worst. It is extremely hard to find a parking area, which in turn makes you late for classes.

There is no certain "person" that should attend this school. As a matter of fact, I've met all different types of people and it makes our school fun and diverse.

Cassandra

When I was a high school senior I was faced with the issue of having to work to provide for myself. I wanted nothing more than to go to college. I would of told myself to start right away, instead of having to wait a year. I would tell myself to at the very least take one class. I would tell myself to get my counselors to work harder in trying to get me financial aid. I think the hardest part about college is trying to pay for it. I would advise the senior me that the studying for each class needs to be well planed out and that you will have to devote a lot of time to it. I would let myself know to pace myself and to mix in the harder classes with the electives. I would also tell myself that college life is great and that I should not worry so much because the school will be very helpful in whatever I need.

I love the fact that DSC is advancing and trying to become a University. I love how they work together with the University of Central Florida to help students further their education. They staff is always very helpful and they make it easy to get any information you need.

Anthony

it has more local students that seek an even higher education

it has more local students that seek an even higher education

get a job eairly save money and don't slack in class

the best thing about my school is the low cost of tuition and the small class sizes so the teachers can work one on one with you so you may get a better grasp on corse matierial

Daytona State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.