Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Daytona State College

Bridget

I have been able to study main different areas with the A.A. degree I am in the process of getting. I decided to stay in Daytona Beach to be closer to my family. I do wish my school was a little more conservative and had more food and study areas on campus. I have had good professors as well as bad. The good teachers have been very encouraging with my career choice. When my college went from a comunity college to state they raised the tuition cost which has made it very hard to keep up with a full time load. I have been at the school for two years and plan on graduating with my A.A. and then continuing on into a B.S. degree in Pre-Clinical science.

The most frustrating thing is the amount of people on finicial aid who do not take there work seriously and never show up for class or do assigned work.

I have gotten out of my college experience many things that I will take with me for rest of my life. An unending thirst for knowledge, and a new founded appreciation for education. It seems the more knowledge one gains, the more knowledge one finds he or she needs to get him or her to the next step in life. One never understands how little he or she knows, until he or she discovers what they do know. It is valuable to attend college to gain newfound hope, in having a goal to reach for and not a dead end job. A higher and more respect pay grade, and a brighter future then those who never bothered to attend college. College gives you the opportunity to find new subjects you might not have enjoyed before, while still creating stronger connects to the things you enjoy working on.

Energetic students, and friendly staff, who are willing to go above and beyond. To insure students get the best possible education for the money they are spending.

Someone who is looking for a second chance at a higher education. Their open door polices allow those who did not do so good in high school to still have a place to progress their education.

The school is known for producing a diverse field of people that are able to find a job in their desired field of study most are able to find a job right away

I was able to learn alot and meet alot of new people and learn alot of different things while i been here. I would not trade this experience for the world and now i will be able to find and get a good job because i went to college.

DIEDRELL

My classmates are very young, some determined and others who have to work twice as hard to advance in their current academic programs.

I've gotten so much "different" information in the many different institutions that I've attended and I've learned that the material presented can be given to you via various avenues. Furthering your education will always have its benefits rather than being a negative attribute to add to your resume; in the time that I've spent in college, I've received more career opportunities from the simple fact that I was a college student and was actively seeking to reach a higher level than before as each day had passed. I've learned to be more patient and to become sensitive to others' needs; lend a helping hand whenever you can in order to inspire that brother or sister to continue to reach for the stars, no matter how long it may take. I've also learned that great minds come in all different shapes, sizes and colors; appreciate that all minds interpret things differently, but eventually it will all come together for the common good of the people.

that i would be welcomed with open arms despite my ethnic background and that i there's always someone to go to in order to have your questions answered immediately

I have gotten a lot out of my college experience. When I came looking for a school I was lost and didn't know where to turn. I chose this school in the first place because since there are less students in each class I can actually ask questions, so it was for my educational benefit. I also wanted to stay close to home so I didnt have to actually live there. I have learned that at this school they are actually here to help me not like all those other schools that want you there just to say that they have the most students or just to make the most money. I have learn that this school can give me the same education than any other college for an inexpensive tuition and actual help and/or tutoring from teachers.

I wish I new that even thought they were changing to a State college that they didn't have that many 4 year programs. I will now have to transfer to a University or another State college to finish my major.

I think the worst thing was them changing to a State college now. I think this because they have to cut other opportunities from other programs so that they can take over new programs that other schools had. Now that they have made thiis adjustment they have become more expensive and still don't give the opportunities they promised.

Jodel

My class mate Miranda is Great we make each other giggle, we make each other work hard and when one of us is stuck on something the other is always there to help out.

DSC is amazing. they are always ready to answer any question with a smile. People actually take the time to stop and help each other.The sizes of the classes are small enough that you don't feel lost in the crowd. When I was younger I went to a much larger collage and I got lost in the crowd. That is why I believe that I didn't succeed the first time. I know that I will suceed at Dayton State College.

As a recovering addict I have screwed up my share of things, including College the first time. I think the most important thing I have ;learned about going back to college is that I can suceed. And even more importantly that I deserve to suceed. It is also giving me the opportunity for me kids to learn that if you want something bad enough you can succed. I don't them to waste 20 years of their life as a drug addict like I did but I also want them to see that even addiction and be oer come and you can succed.

Veronica

Through the use of a run-on sentence, I must disclose that Daytona State College is a college of great quality as it is filled with motivated professors and students alike who take pride in their academic success and continued prosper throughout each academic year; due to such a quality school it proudly produces quality students.

I've obtained much due to my college experience which has in turn contributed value to my life because I've attended. While a freshman in college, during my first semester, I learned many tools I am able to utilize till this day through courses such as Student Success and Computer Technology. While struggling through mathematics, I was able to receive a grand amount of tutoring sources, compliments of my college, to best assist me to earn the grade I was deserving of. Such sources included access to internet tutoring in various Academic Support Centers within all of their campuses along with tutors, ready to assist, present in all of their ASCs. Furthermore, the college consisted of reliable internet connections in various computer labs, along with the Academic Support Center and library which contributed to my being able to submit my assignments to all of my professors efficiently. At the end of my first semester, I was proud to understand that I earned a GPA of 3.8 and was added to the President's List to receive this award of academic recognition and I was grateful that my college directly influenced my earned achievement.

The kind of person that should attend this school should be one who burns with motivation and enthusiasm toward earning a higher education. The students that will best prosper are those that are interested, enjoy learning and want to thrive during their academic journey. Supportive students are also welcome as Daytona State College is filled with students willing to communicate and help others in their academic grade level or selected courses. Respectful students are also a must when considering attending Daytona State College as such respect allows professors to better focus on the learning curriculum with ease for our benefit.

sweeta

I have got many things from my college experiences. The first thing i got is that a sense of accomplishment and sense of humor. I became very mature person after i started attending to college. Things started to realize that i am not a child anymore and i need to study in order to fulfill my parents and my dream. Without being something or without having an education, I am nothing. It has been valuable to attend college because i wanted to get valuable education in my life. College experience is one of the great things i have achieved in life and i became very sincere in studying. I also learned from the college experience that the time i need to study, i study sincerely and the time i have to do fun, i do fun. While i study i don't think about anything except the study. i have a good GPA right now and i just got qualify for Chi Alpha Epsilon National Honor Society. So, the harder i work the more better things i get. I never thought i would qualify for it but i did. College is a place where i learned many things. Thank you.

jessica

College certainly has been a challenge. It has forced my mind to stay in shape with all those algebraic equations and english papers i have to write on a daily basis. In a way it helps prepare me for my future job as a firefighter where im sure i'll be multi-tasking and loaded down with work, constantly giving all that i can. My college experience would be nothing though if the people i see as i walk down the halls didnt smile and laugh with me after class, if we didnt do math labs together and struggle over difficult problems eventually finding an answer. They made my morning easier, made my college experience an experience rather than just another day- because of them i can feel accomplished and successful as we both grow.

The worst thing about my school is that there is no cafeteria to eat breakfast or lunch, only a small student lounge with a couple microwaves and vending machines.

I brag about being able to set my own times and choosing when i go to class. I brag, especially to my friends still in high school, that i can sleep in longer than they can.

Daytona State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.