Saint Davids, PA
Eastern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern University

From my visit Eastern University captured me with it's beautiful campus. The other schools I visisted, both Christian and non-christian, the campus didn't compare. It wasn't just the the nature, but the whole atmosphere that came wuth it. The people are accepting, no matter what your background may be. The teachers show they really care, to the point of actually making time out of their day to day schedule to meet with you. Eastern loves its students and that is a quality that you do not find in many other schools.

When I started college at Eastern, I was a nursing major. Nursing was a major I knew would make my parents happy, and it was also a major I knew would get me money and a job. This was a good enough reason for me so I entered into the nursing program in the fall of 2012. As time went on, I grew to hate my major. I slowly realized I hadn't entered a major I was passionate about, but rather a major that was practical and boring. I was close minded and simply did things to make my parents happy instead of to make me happy. Half way through my Junior year, I decided change to a major I was truly passionate about; music. My parents were less than thrilled. They withdrew all financial support due to this decision. If I could go back and tell my high school senior self one thing, it would be to go after what makes you happy. Go after what you are passionate about. Open your mind, for there is a world of possibilities that you will experience soon. The world is much bigger than the corner you have experienced.

I wish I had known about the freedom to explore options at this school. I came in with the idea of pursuing nursing and only kept my mind set on that. I didn't see how many classes were available and how many options I really had to explore. Unfortunately I fell away from my nursing path and just now realized all the other courses I could take. I'm finding out I'm enjoying the variety of courses, especially music. Like I said, if there was one thing I wish knew, it would be all the opportunities.

Nelson

If I could go back in time and talk you myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that college life is more challenging than I thought. I would also tell my younger self not to be intimidated by the deadlines presented on the syllabi because it will be manageable to complete my degree program with high honors. I would tell my younger self to stay consistent in my studies and continue to make an impression on professors and faculty.

I wish I would have known that I could have completed an undergraduate program on time. Also, I wish i would have known how supportive my peers and professors would be during my experience in college.

A person that is not goal driven should not attend this school. The professors of this school have expectations and follow the syllabus in its entirety so it would be easy to fall behind if he/ she ignored or overlooked an assignment.

Andrew

Eastern Univesity, being a small school, has a very tight-knit community. Practically everybody knows everybody, which I think is amazing. Becasue of this type of community, I have developed great freindships that I am sure will last a lifetime. In addition to this, Eastern University has some very unique majors not offered at many other schools, such as Biblical studies, theology, and dance. Our Youth Ministry and Nursing majors are also recognized as some of the best programs in their respective fields.

If I could go back in time to before I went to college, I would advise myself to apply for more scholarships while I still had the time. College, especially my school, can be very expensive, and I did not realize just how much money I would need. I would also advise myself to not pack as heavily as I did. Half of the things I packed I ended up not even using, so it just takes up space in my dorm room. Lastly, I would advise myself to not put off my packing until the day before I left. Having to pack everything up in one night was a very stressful process that could have easily been avoided if I didn't procrastinate on it!

I think the worst part about Eastern University is the food, which is catered by Sodexo. I wouldn't necessarily call Sodexo's food "bad", but I can not call it "good". Some food items are better than others, so not all of it is intolerable. However, eating similar foods three times a day for an entire semester makes the food seem much worse. Taking into account the money I pay to attend Eastern University, I think the food served here could be much beter.

Alexandra

It is a beatiful Christian college campus with lovely people. The school puts their faith and relationships with peope above all else.

I would tell myself to talk to my guidance counselor more and utilize all the tools that she had. Even though I was stressed about where I was going to college or what I was going to study, I need to just enjoy the ride and excitement because it is not going to last long. I would tell myself to listen to my mom more, she knows far more than I sometimes I give her credit for. I need to start slowly with taking college classes, and allow myself to get used to the college work and schedule.

The best thing about my school is the chance to grow closer to Christ and be around people striving for the same thing.

Robin

Eastern thrives on faith, reason, and justice. The professors are examples in the faith, reason, and justice. My faith has been strengthened just from attending Eastern University and it has been a great journey so far. I considered other schools but I knew from the time that I went to visit Eastern that it would be the school for me. The staff/professors, students, and everyone on campus was so friendly and willing to help me get the most out of my visit. This university makes everyone feel loved and welcome and makes sure no one is excluded.

Dear Robin, Do not worry about the small stuff because it will all work out in the end. I know that you may think that your future looks bleak now, but college will shape you into a better person. You will meet the most amazing people in college and they will become your lifelong friends, so do not worry about the silly high school friends who hurt you. You deserve the best education out there and you have earned it, so keep your head up and be positive. Do not let anyone tell you that you cannot do it, because you are a fighter and you always try your best. College helps you become more confident in yourself and teaches a lot about leadership, do not be afraid of that. Love yourself and ultimately you will be happy in college. Do not worry about not making friends because you will attract the best people. You are an amazing girl, do not ever forget that. Let your faith and intuition guide you in making the right decisions and ultimately you will be happy. Keep your head up and smile. Don't worry about money either, God provides.

If you are the type of person that does not like close-knit community or a small university, you would probably not like this school. Also, if Christianity makes you feel uncomfortable, maybe choose a different school. If you are not into having safe and friendly fun, go somewhere else. Eastern University is a great learning environment for those who are serious about getting their college degree. The professors truly care about the students and the students/classmates are super friendly. The environment at Eastern is very friendly and welcoming, if you are not into that, find somewhere else.

Karissa

Most are very friendly and helpful and seem ready to learn.

Most are very friendly and helpful and seem ready to learn.

I would tell myself: Do not be afraid to take chances and go out of your way to help someone out. There are people in need all over the world and what many need is someone to simply listen to them and make them know that they are loved. These will be memories that last. Do not forego any opportunities when it comes to jobs, friends, or serving others because of worries and fears. Looking back, you will ponder why you even feared in the first place. Lastly, fill your life with love and make love radiate from you through your actions and words. Remember that you have been strengthen and empowered by Christ and through Him nothing is impossible.

The most frusturating thing is the lack of communication with the Financial Aid and Student Accounts offices.

Karson

From the moment I visited the beautiful campus of Eastern University, I knew this is where I was meant to go to school because I felt the closeness of the staff and students and learned that many of the staff actually went to Eastern University as students and loved their experience so much they wanted to work there when they graduated.

I think I would have told myself to focus more on the academics of High School and not so much on the clubs and activities. I wish I would have the time to search and fill out more scholarships so my financial situation would be better off than it is. Other than these two things, I really feel that I was ready for college and transitioned well.

While I would not change my decision to attend Eastern University, it would have been helpful to have spoken with an Academic Advisor and map out the classes I would need if I decided to change or add to my major.

Jamie

To my high school self, don't wait until the last minute to study or do homework! Staying up until 2 or 3 and having to get up for an 8am class is not fun. Also, don't be afraid of trying new things, you will make new friends and memories that will last a lifetime. It is alright if your opinon about something changes; that is a part of growing up and being out on your own. Don't judge others based of the first meeting, oftentimes they are just as nervous and scared as you are. If you are doing bad in a class and have done everything you can to do better but it still isn't working, drop it; don't let your stubborn pride stand in the way.

I wish I had known how dead it would be on the weekends. A lot of people go home, I'm from far away so I was often alone. This was a hard adjustment to make.

There always seems to be random bills that "pop up."

Lawanda

What was unique was that we were in a cohort rather than just put in a class with people whom we wouldnt have another class with. So the people I started with in 2008 I graduated with in 2010.

Believe in yourself, you are smarter than you think you are. Love yourself, no one will love you the way you can love yourself. Stay focused, you can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens you. You are great and you have so much to offer the world, do be discouraged by the challenges you will face, they are there to only make you stronger. Accept the things you can not change and move on, most of all have faith and hope and you will succeed. Put God first above everything.

There was nothing really frustrating about starting at Eastern University, it was a great experience.

hannah

I think the most unique thing about Eastern is its sense of community. From day number one, I've heard so much about how important a good sense of community is in college. Everyone on campus just seems more happy and more friendly than on any other campus. It truly is a great part of this campus that can't really be found anywhere else.

Looking back on my high school experience and who I was as a person at that time, I would never go back. College has shaped my life more than anything else. It has made me happier, healthier and more motivated than I've ever been. Knowing that the transition into college scared me to tears during high school, I would tell myself 'don't worry, they future is better! ' I would quote Jeremiah 29:11, as common as that verse is, its words are the best comfort to those going through the scary transition: "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future." When I was a high school senior, when the world and my future was so uncertain, I needed to hear that God had a plan for me and that His plan would be good. He still has a plan for me as I go into my senior year of college, with the hopes of a good career and a bright future ahead of me, those words are as relevant to me today as they were then.

The worst thing about my school is probably just the cost of it. Of course, it is a private college and it is about average cost for a private college education. I just think it is unfortunate that it costs so much to get an education.

Eastern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.