Erie, PA
Gannon University

Video courtesy of Gannon University.

Gannon University is a Catholic, Diocesan university dedicated to excellence in teaching, scholarship and service. Faculty and staff prepare students to be global citizens through learning that emphasizes faith, leadership, inclusiveness and social responsibility.

View the Full Summary

Kate

I absolutely LOVE Gannon University! Ever since I stepped foot on campus, I have fallen in love and continue to do every time I'm in school. The friends I've made and the people I've met will continue to influence me for a long time. Gannon University has changed my life for the better!

Madison

I loved Gannon. I went for a year but transferred closer to home and that was a big mistake. I miss the people, professors, advisors, and all of the friendly faces that walked around campus. It was a very family oriented community and although the winters were a little snowy for my liking, I would go back in a heartbeat.

Craig

I am proud to say that I go to Gannon university. Although it is very expensive, the facilities are very nice, and there is a healthy academic environment. The professors seem to actually care about you and your goals in life, and are willing to help you in and out of class.

Christopher

I am screwed with student loans. The financial office was absolutely no help with anything - I was in there a lot and never got answers. Terrible school for a military member. I am in the Air Force reserves and they could not process paperwork properly for me (never got my payment but military records show it was sent so school kept my money). I have since graduated and went to the office of career development for placement/job search assistance - again no help! The guy told me to look around online (yeah I already do that) and there was no follow up at all ! I am looking for a job on my own but the schools claim to help with placement is a complete lie. Going to GANNON DID HELP ME IN ANYWAY. I AM STUCK WITH LOANS FROM A SCHOOL THAT ONLY WANTED MY MONEY AND HAS NOT ENHANCED MY CAREER.

Katelyn

It is a fun campus in a great location in downtown Erie. It became almost a second home to me, and there is nowhere else I'd rather be

Danielle

They are driven and open minded individuals who enjoy the same things as myself.

I would tell myself to not put so much pressure on myself. My freshman year I focused too much on school and not on being involved in campus life and that is one thing that I really do regret. I would tell myself to stay focused on school but to not let it run your college experience.

That there was a pool of money to dip into if I was offered more financial aid from another school.

Gannon University is best known for its slogan "Believe in the Possibilities". Every Gannon folder, piece of mail, and even our t-shirts echo this saying. It might sound cheesy to us students, but in the end it is profoundly true. In order to make something a reality, one must first believe it is possible, and that is what Gannon does: it believes in its students, and in return, we believe in our school. That is the kind of positive energy that makes people proud to be Gannon Knights. We care about eachother, and that makes anything possible.

As a high school senior I was reserved, had a small circle of friends, and was from a high school with 39 students in my senior class. To me, college was such a big place, and 4,000 people on a campus seemed overwhelming. I was still deciding what I wanted my major to be, and felt like a child worried about making friends again. Well, now that I have spent 3 years on Gannon's campus, I can look back and say: friendships come naturally if you look in the right places. As a freshman, your best ally is your roommate, but it's also healthy to branch out and become involved in 1 or 2 extra curricular organizations that you love. I can honestly say that joining Chorus and Students for Life really helped me to branch out and meet some of my best friends. These activities also became an outlet that helped me to find a balance for the rigors of academic life. I am still going strong in the 3+3 Physical Therapy Program and could not have been more blessed with friendships. You just have to stay positive and dive into the unknown!

Gannon University is an excellent place for students looking for a positive learning environment. The smaller teacher to student ratios allow students to receive the guidence they need to succeeed in their future carreers. It is a place of cultural diversity and acceptance that knows how to cultivate a healthy social environment for its students. Anyone can find something to enjoy on campus: from sports and greek life, to religious affiliations and community service clubs, there is truely something for everyone. If you are hardworking and ready to learn, come to Gannon and Believe in The Possibilities!

Prem

Gannon University is in the great location. The cost for housing is cheap here. Academically, you will learn more than what you expect. Professors are great. They are always ready to help the students.

If you would like to invest money in college to earn knowledge than Gannon University the one where should invest. After you graduate, you will feel you have earned precious thing in your life that you would find nowhere other than at Gannon.

savanna

It is known for being a well rounded school that is very dedicated to being active in the community.

keeping an open mind when looking at andvisiting schools. Thereis a lot that a school can offer if you are willing to get involved.

The worst part is the fact that our school is so small. You have a lot less options as far as classes, teachers, living, and dining. It would be nice to have more than 2 options for class times. I also get tired of only being able to eat at one dining hall.

Gannon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.