Houston, TX
Houston Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Houston Baptist University

Crystal

High school seniors stress a lot about college choices, my first advice would be narrowing what schools you're interested in. To choose between in state, or out, and whether or not you want to attend a big or small university. I'd list out the pros and cons of what big and small universities offer, as well as including financial aid. If you know what you want to major in, I'd suggest finding a school that offers programs or has a good reputation for that field of study. Schools that offer various clubs that you're interested in are great ways for making the transition easier. Choosing colleges can be difficult, and overwhelming but be confident when you do chose a university.

Violet

Nabila is a very intellectual and punctual student who deserves to be a role model for HBU. .

If I could go back to my senior year I would have taken Biology AP in order to better prepare myself for my science courses. I would have also applied for more scholarships and participated in the medical internships for seniors and upcoming freshman. I would have also taken Physics. I am content with the extracurricular activites I took during my senior year that allowed me to develop into the person I am now.

We pay so much for a private institution and small classes and we have horrible labs and amenities. The school is pushing to become a larger school similar to Baylor but the reason people come to HBU is to recieve an education with smaller classes.

Peace

My classmates are enthusiastic people who love to learn.

My classmates are enthusiastic people who love to learn.

My school is known for the nursing program.

The adivise I would give myself would be to apply to the colleges I wanted to go to a lot sooner. I also would apply for as many scholarships as I could; including the scholarships available at the schools of my choice.

Zachary

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to join more extracirricular activities. These not only look good on a college admissions essay, but they also allow one to be very well rounded. I would tell myself to type notes instead of keeping up with dozens of hard copies. This would also allow a backup to be made and kept for many more centuries. My previous self would be informed of the benefits of taking more advanced classes. Not only do they count toward extra credits, but they also can be highly preparatory.

The two worst things about this school are that the registration process would puzzle Einstein and the school is not very green.

The people that should not attend this school are those who are not Christian.

Lindsey

The best thing about my school is how small the classes are. This is one of the main reasons why I decided to attend this school.

If I could advise myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to focus more on the college's availability of social activities and the helpfulness of the professors and counselors. The academics and type of classes are pretty much all the same at each college. When I was a high school senior, I focused on the academic aspect of each college campus. As a result, I choose a campus that has a very limited amount of social activities available and can be boring at times. In order to have fun on campus, you have to be involved in a sorority or fraternity, which cost a substantial amount of money. I would also tell myself to take the SAT and ACT more seriously, because you are provided with more scholarships the higher you score on these tests.

The financial aid counselors and some of the professors are not very helpful. It is hard to plan to pay for this school when the counselors are not being helpful.

Deborah

Look for more scholarships, and don't worry about choosing a major or even a specific school. Life is strange, and you are stranger, so trying to fit that perfect image in that perfect school is going to be hard, or even near impossible. Just have fun, STUDY MORE, and try your hardest to do what you can. And remember, Jesus does love you. And he's there for you regardless. Just like your Dad.

It's a small school, and everyone knows everyone. It's like living in a bubble.

I feel like I'm missing out on the Real college experience.

Cynthia

It is know to be a religious school . As a private school , HBU really wants their students to experience God. With the requirement of eighty Chirstian Life Worship points before graduation , everyone has an opportunity to hear, communicate , and worship God together.

Going back to my high school self I would tell my self to relax. I would tell myself not to be so anxious to leave home. Although I was ready to spread my wings and fly from the coup, I can't do that until I graduate from college. I may feel that I am ready to live college life as it is potrayed on the television, but like in h.igh school my parent's strict rules an expectations keep me from living such a life. I might as well have enjoyed my last high school year, but I was to busy worrying about how I was going to leave home most of the time.

A person willing to be open to new things. A Christian based school , prayers and the mention of God is well heard. A mixture of people can help broden people experiences.The person that likes to experience the word of God and meet a variety of people are going to fit in.

Asha

The conservativeness of the school, and the preference they have for other students.

The best advise that I have for prospective students and their parents, is to make sure that the student is confident about his choice of major. To find the right college, the student and his parents should know the financial cost of the school and how adaptable the student is in that environment. The parents should acknowledge, notify and warn their prospective student the danger of partying and drinking too much and how that could lead to the student's failure.

A hardworking, serious student, financially well off.

Sherifat

This school focuses on positive attitude, academics, and a successful career.

This school focuses on positive attitude, academics, and a successful career.

Focus on the career you want and make it relevant to your major. Speaking to your advisor is very very helpful when choosing courses. Be aware of private schools! EXPENSIVE!

Houston Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.