Houston, TX
Houston Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Houston Baptist University

Cynthia

It is know to be a religious school . As a private school , HBU really wants their students to experience God. With the requirement of eighty Chirstian Life Worship points before graduation , everyone has an opportunity to hear, communicate , and worship God together.

Going back to my high school self I would tell my self to relax. I would tell myself not to be so anxious to leave home. Although I was ready to spread my wings and fly from the coup, I can't do that until I graduate from college. I may feel that I am ready to live college life as it is potrayed on the television, but like in h.igh school my parent's strict rules an expectations keep me from living such a life. I might as well have enjoyed my last high school year, but I was to busy worrying about how I was going to leave home most of the time.

A person willing to be open to new things. A Christian based school , prayers and the mention of God is well heard. A mixture of people can help broden people experiences.The person that likes to experience the word of God and meet a variety of people are going to fit in.

Asha

The best advise that I have for prospective students and their parents, is to make sure that the student is confident about his choice of major. To find the right college, the student and his parents should know the financial cost of the school and how adaptable the student is in that environment. The parents should acknowledge, notify and warn their prospective student the danger of partying and drinking too much and how that could lead to the student's failure.

The conservativeness of the school, and the preference they have for other students.

A hardworking, serious student, financially well off.

Sherifat

This school focuses on positive attitude, academics, and a successful career.

This school focuses on positive attitude, academics, and a successful career.

Focus on the career you want and make it relevant to your major. Speaking to your advisor is very very helpful when choosing courses. Be aware of private schools! EXPENSIVE!

A private institution ran by an excellent administrative staff that puts academics and religion first

It is a private school where Christianity was heavily influenced.

I think the most important thing to look for are all the available distractions outside of school. Anyone can get a good education at any school, it just depends on how hard you work. The information taught at every school is about the same, it is just a matter of how well a student can balance school work with all the aspects of a new social life. Houston Baptist University is a very religious campus, so it is very hard to stray away from the main reason you go to school. It does not have to social life equivalent to a major state university (LSU, UT, Flordia, Tennessee).

Katherine

I wold tell them to find a college that suits you. If your a person that likes the company of others, then you should pick a university. If your a person that likes to stay to yourself, then a smaller college is best. Remember, that you wont have a good college experience if you are unhappy. They should try to join some clubs while in college because you could make lots of new people who have the same ideas as you. Make the most of college, it could greatly affect your life. I made the mistake of going to a college that did not reflect me as a person and I greatly regretted it. Don't make the same mistake. I didnt join any activities and I greatly wished that I could change time and do everything over again. Have fun and at the same time, study to attain your career.

Honestly, the best thing about my school ould be the professors. They were really nice to me. I could go to any professors and they would give me advice and help when I needed it. They really cared about a student's progress and would offer study sessions and make up days to any would wanted it. I felt that I was lucky to attend their classes.

I brag most about the professors. They were so caring about their students progress

cherial

Make sure you have some money saved for school because it is very expensive. If you don't have any money for school, go to a community college, then transfer all your credits to a 4-year college/university. Another option would be to get a full-time job for a little while and use that money to help pay for college.

anyone who is well rounded and very diverse.

the cost of courses and living on campus.

Cayla

Being small and having small classes. Also being a school that accepts students from all over the world and of every religion backgrounds.

Choose the best school that you think you can have a very nice learning environment. It also helps to visit around different schools of your choice and choose the best one that you feel comfortable with.

Nothing really. Sometimes its hard to get in touch with professors over the summer and also get in classes that you want due to them filling up fast.

Jeanique

Don't be below trying a community college before going to a school, if you are unsure about your major

I wish I had know what major I really wanted, because I ended up spending a lot of money for a underdeveloped major, and I wish we had better technology.

If you don't like to get involved in school or be apart of a school... If you want a foot ball team.

Our school is best know for being a private school with really great values. Everyone here wants to be here and they are not here because they have to be. It a really great school and all of the people have great values.

Research as much as you can about the college/university. Pick the best one for you. The one that you will fit into best.

The classes are very small, even the basic classes. You really get to know your teachers and class mates. This makes the learning environment more enjoyable and easy. I have had classes as big as 35 people to as small at 8.

Rojan

The students here are very kind and loving, but are not afraid to let you know how they feel about any particular subject.

Please research your students particular field of study and plan early than their senior year of high school. Look for as many financial opportunities as possible. Look for colleges that have a wide range of strong programs to make the most of your education. Never sell yourself short of what college you think you can and can't attend. Make the most of the time you have in college studying and getting to know yourself. You may never get the same opportunity again. Don't try to please everyone. Find people you can trust. Care about others and they will care about you. Keep close contact with your professors and respect them because they write the recommendation letters and get you scholarships and jobs. Get as much sleep as possible. Never give up.

Houston Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.