Houston, TX
Houston Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Houston Baptist University

Rebekah

Houston Baptist is a wonderful school for academics. The professors are extremely knowledgeable about the subject they are teaching and are always willing to answer questions. They will push you to do your best, this school is not for those who want to party and/or slack off. You will really need to work to do well here. The small campus is ideal for those who want to focus on academics, however there is still plenty to do on and off campus in Houston with friends such as the zoo, museums, and the galleria, which are all close by.

Massiray

Most people think that only nerdy and boring people go to my school but that is not the case there are so many people that are wild and exciting which surprised me

The most popular girls are the sororities and fraternities because almost everyone is in the one

There are very many different versatile students at my school from so many different backgrounds and I really like that because everyone interacts with one another and gets along pretty well

The academics are very different at my school being that it is a public Christian University. So most of the curriculum is like Christianity classes and stuff and I love the atmosphere because there's a small class number for every class so you have better interaction with the professor

I wish someone would have told me about how competitive the school is because as I have not seen and experienced it really is

Genesis

The faculty at the school is made up of really nice people, who are willing to help you when you have questions. The school is not that big, so it is super easy to get around.

Congratulations! You just passed through one of the toughest years of high school: junior year. Even though your SAT and ACT scores were not what you desired, you did really well in your classes. Now, you may think that just because you finished one of the most crucial years of your high school career, you can just slack off and let loose. Well, think again. As a senior, maintain your GPA, strive to be your best, and do not, by no means, procrastinate. Yeah, procrastination is a tempting demon. He will reel you in, promise you relaxation and peace, and before you know it, you have two papers due, a project, and an exam all on the same day. Just do not do it! Senior year is important because, even if it seems cliche, just the beginning. In order to get to that university of your dreams, you have to get through senior year. Challenge yourself. You have a lot of potential and can achieve everything you set your mind to. Stop doubting yourself! You do it too much, and all you are doing is hurting yourself. I wish you the best and that God blesses you in everything.

It is not the prettiest school, but it is a good school.

All the buildings are close together so you dont have to go very far for your next class.

Stop playing around and get serious about what you want to be when you grow up. Study hard and the doors will fly open for you. Quit taking life for granted and treat it as a gift. There is a whole lot of freedom when you get to college but buckle down and youll do great.

Jose

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would begin by telling myself to settle down and not be afraid to go to college. As a high school senior, the thought of attending a University scared me to death. As a high school student I was under the impression that college was a whole lot tougher than high school and only the most intelligent individuals would succeed. Another issue that made afraid was the financial burden I knew that college brings. I remember hearing stories of individuals who racked up tens of thousandths of dollars in student debt and would spend decades paying back their student loans. After being removed from high school for three years, I decided to continue my education. After attending college for a little over two years I have personally found that college is not as hard as I once thought and in fact the studies are very manageable. The costs are manageable as well, with financial aid and an abundance of scholarships available out there. If I could go back in time and speak with my younger self, I would have already been a college graduate.

Aneisha

Our school is best known for its spiritual foundation. HBU focuses on students not only getting an education, but on gaining a deeper relationship with God.

I would tell myself to look for scholarships ahead of time. Getting loans are good, but they add up and you will have to pay them back some time in the future. I would also tell myself to go to summer school, so I can get classes that are not in my major out of the way.

I brag most about the class size. I like small classes because they are more personal and your professor is able to know you on a deeper level. At big school, the professor would probably not recognize you outside of class.

LaToya

Going back to myself as a high school senior, there is one piece of advice I would have given myself to experience a better college life. Instead of commuting back and forth to the university, I should have stayed on campus. Granted it was very expensive, but I would have a better college experience. It would have given me a chance to perform better in my classes and meet more people. Instead of fighting traffic and stressing myself out while going to and from school, I could save time relaxing, resting, and accomplishing more school work.

Houston Baptist University is a religious, liberals arts private university. They incorporate Christian related activities and beliefs into the university as well as some Christianity courses. A person who is non-religious and has a negative attitude toward religion should not attend this university due to potential religious conflicts. Also, since the focus is more on liberal arts, those who want to major in business or engineering will not get the full benefits of attending the university, since those majors are not the primary focus.

Lynn

First and formost, high school senior self... enjoy your time with your frieinds. Not because you want to chill with them, but because a couple mpths after school started you wish you still had thier phone numbers. Its going to be hard. Physically, emotional, and mentally. It will hurt you many days when you choose to read that 50 page assignment. Never underestamate the power of an absence, missing one class can feel like you missed two weeks. Advice I may have for you are things you already know. Never procrastinate and ignore assignment thinking you will do them last minute, unfortunately its not thats easy. Enjoy the little moments of rest you have now because it just get busier for here on out. Have a good talk with your counseler in preperation for what your about to step into. College is not as hard as you think, and it is not as easy as you think either. But most of all, have faith in yourself. Never let enayone tear you away from your dream, and believe in that dream. Because there will come come a point you will be all you have. And Pay attention to everything.

Richard

With a relatively clean atmosphere, HBU has a strong liberal arts, nursing, and music program, and both homeschoolers and non-homeschoolers have no trouble fitting in.

Dear past self, You have done a great job in preparing for college. You had plenty of oppurtunities to become independant, and you took hold of those chances. If you had lacked that independence, college would have been extremely hard, and everything else would have fallen apart. The other great thing you made sure to do was learn how to study. So often now in college I hear the words "you can get through high school being knowledgeable and not have to study, but when you get to college, that does not work any more." I find it odd how I never heard this advice in high school, yet I still managed to develope good study habits. Finally, during finals week, I did a lot of studying, but I was not nearly as stressed as everybody else, and I even watched a few movies at night. Nonetheless, I did very well on my finals! How? I learned how to study consistantly throughout the semester, instead of cramming it all in the week before. Though it seems like a little more work on the front side, from experience I can say that it is definitely worth it! Sincerely, Your college self

I wish that I had done much better on my study habits before coming to college.

Houston Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.