Houston, TX
Houston Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Houston Community College

Brianna

Starting off at HCC was a smart move for me because it's cheaper financially. Although I wish it was a community college that offered Greek life and possibly a housing option, it's still a great school. The class sizes are great for someone who is just trying to get the hang of school again, you can pick your pace, and the professors are great. They have decent clubs/organizations, and great academic opportunities. I've been able to thrive here so far and can't wait to transfer to UofH. The only con I have with HCC is their financial aid, but if you are someone that pays out of pocket or is on a scholarship you probably won't have to worry about that. I would definitely recommend this school to someone considering going back to school.

It is a great school comparing on what campus you attend, I love my professors in both Spring Branch and Alief campus, but if I were to pick from were to get assistance outside from my teachers I would only ask for it from the Alief campus where they actually do care and help you out.

Mary

The many programs it offers as well as locations.

The many programs it offers as well as locations.

The stereotype about Houston Community College is that the student aren't hard worker, nor are they gifted academically enough for a four-year university,and that is simple not true!

Do not accept all the financial aid that's offered to you. Especially, if they are government loans.

Melindalove

I like it bunch of students

I like it bunch of students

paul

Amazing to say the very least. wonderful social atmosphere, teacher are willing to stay with you a few extra hours just to make sure you got the material being covered in class down and give you a good stern lecture and kick in the pants when you need it the staff always greet you with a smile and sometimes a shoulder to cry on if needed. the staff here are always on the look out for new ways to supply you with that sense of security of a very close-knit family that all college goers need.

the anime club, student government association, afternoon fitness class which consist of: Zumba, yoga, and calisthenic fitness.

social butterflies. everyone talks and helps everyone, it is very easy to make friends here and with it being college the maturity level higher therefore you will make friends that don't mind telling you when you are messing up.

good. tutorials begin basic and then become more complex as you progress, no getting left behind and definately no option for failure

caleb

If I could go back in time and talk to my self as a highschool senior I would tell him to apply for tons of scholarships. Although the community college is a great place to start I would stress to my past self that the university will be so much better. I would also tell him to take school a little bit more seriosly.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of motivation. Most of the students at Houston Community College seem like do not even want to be there. This makes it difficult to focus when the other students do not care about their own grades.

The type of person that should not attend this school is someone who wants school spirit of fun. Students seem to depressed to even be a apart of the school system. Although it is providing me an education for the fraction of a price compared to universites, I can not wait to be around a more lively crowd

Loreal

Dear self, stop falling asleep in class. Always bring a snack and water with you. When you get tired, eat what you brought. Remember to always be on time with your assignments. Even if it seems like it could wait, it shouldn't. If you don't feel like dressing up, don't. Your outfit won't affect your grade in class, come as comfortable as you'd like. Try to make friends. Friends will help you out when you need to understand something. Don't bring more than five dollars in change per day. Vending machines will eat your wallet alive. Always bring a pen AND a pencil, you never know what your teacher might assign for that day. Always have a good eraser, smudged pencil marks are the work of the devil.

I really love the fact that most of my classes include open discussions. It really gives me an opportunity to voice my opinions and feel like I'm being heard.

I don't like the fact that my classmates don't always interact with one another. I feel that it makes the room in the air very awkward and tense.

Houston Community College is the most well-known community college system in Houston. I think most of the students have chosen to start their education there for economical reasons. I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the professors and their personal investment in the students.

Once you figure out who you are, accept it. Accept your personality, and your likes and dislikes. Do not spend so much time trying to figure out how to blend in with everyone else. You are unique—maybe even a little unusual—for a reason, and that is okay. Strengthen your strengths and improve upon your weaknesses, but do not struggle in vain to make fundamental changes to who you are at your core. The fact that you need time to figure out what you really want is part of who you are. Once you know what you want, however, just jump in! Do not waste time bantering with insecurities and doubt.

I go to a community college, where of the students are there with the intention of transfering to a bigger university. I would have to say the best thing there are the professors. The majority of them seem to genuinely like their jobs and care about the welfare and success of their students. Many of them have been a source of encouragement and inspiration for me. They have also taken the time to give personal advice to help me in my chosen career path.

jason

You have integrity. It is so much that it could be a physical item, and be given to others by the pound. You lost interest in academics for lack of money. I warn you, DON’T! You will find the money for your first semester, and focus that massive integrity on learning. You will fall in love with books three months before your senior year ends. In fact, the first book you will read from cover to cover will be the Hunger Games. You will finish the entire trilogy in four days, and check out a new book every other day for the remainder of the year. Fall in love with books sooner! College is about reading textbooks, and loving to read will make college fun. Writing, the one subject that you believe is useless. In college you will write essays for everything; in addition, how you write is how you speak, so improve it! Buy a grammar book, and never stop reading it. You will always make mistakes; English requires time and patience to learn. The sooner you begin to improve, the easier things can be in the future. You are a genius, so do not give up.

how financial aid worked. explain to students that the southeast campus has a building that in not even close to the others, but is still considered south east campus; it is about 5 miles away.

it is a community college, but i would have enjoyed beingnin campus more if there was more activities in clubs; for example, a study club for certain subjects.

Houston Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.