Washington, DC
Howard University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Howard University

Ramatulai

My classmates at Howard University are very collaborative, and they look out for each other while providind critical feedbacks to help one an other achieve academic success. My classmates are also friendly, everyone seems to be getting along so well and it really makes you feel belonged.

I was a transfer student when I came to Howard University, and I wish I would have known that all my Accounting credits earned from my previous academic institution were not going to be accepted. If I had known this fact, I would have been in a position to make well informed decisions.

Erika

Howard University is known as the mecca for Historically Black Universities. Howard University is a school that proviedes endless opprounites for all their students.

A student who is driven, and passionate and ready to learn.

I would give my high school self one piece of advise. which is, " sometimes the key to making progress is to recongize how to take the first step. Then you start your journey. You hope for the best and you stick with it day in and day out. Even if your tired, even if you want to walk away. You dont because you are a pioneer. But nobody ever said it was going to be esay. When theres something you really want, fight for it. Don't give up no matter how hopeless it seems. And when you loose hope ten years from now. Youre gonna wish you gave it one more shot because the best things in life, they dont come free. you might fail..... but but thats what progress looks like a bunch of failures, but dont fall apart because one day you will succeed and one day you will walk on the moon. "

Sidney

Howard Universtiy is one of the best historically black universities in America. It is known to produce many African American doctors along with other professions. Howard University is also the alma mater to many historic figures such as John Mercer Langston and celebrities including Phylicia Rashad and Jessye Norman. Howard Univeristy is known for it's amazing leaning enviorment and staff of well- equipped educators.

I am completely happy with the choice I made in attending this univiersity. It has created an entirely unique learning enviorment that not only gives a student of color tools to to have a brighter future but helps us thrive in the carreers we have chosen. I ony wish someone would have told me how drastically my life would change after attending only one semester at Howard University. I look athe world so differently now; I strive to an active part in the community rather than looking from the sidelines.

Danielle

Compared to other schools that I have visited, Howard Univeristy is a melting pot of different ethnicities. Yes it is a historical HBCU, but there are plenty of students from all over the country and all over the world that attend. Students get to experience different cultures without leaving the city of D.C. Howard is a place where people grow mentally, physically, and spiritually.

If I can go back in time and have a conversation with myself as a high school senior I would tell her not to relax so much. Yes people say that senior year is suppose to be the easiest which it was, but not to become to relaxed. There are still things to be done, for example, apply for scholarships and make the end of the school year count because in the end all we're left with are memories. Not to mention one day you'll want to become an OB/GYN and that takes endless hours of hardwork and college does not care if you want to take a nap or go home. One thing to keep in mind is that all of the hard work will one day pay off and you can relax a little once you've become that OB/GYN

The most frustrating thing about my school I must say is that there are a lot of students. That is great for developing relationships and for networking, but when it comes to simple things it can become overwhelming.

Ayanna

Howard University is a place where you will realize who you truly are.

Howard University is a place where you will realize who you truly are.

My school is best known for it's legacy as a Historically Black University. The curriculum differs from most Universities intergrating African-American History and knowledge that is not widely taught, though it should be in today's school system.

Knowing what I know now, the best advice I would give my high school senior self is to take a breath. Take a breath, take everything in, and handle things one step at a time. As much as you think you are prepared for college, you will be overwhelmed. Don't worry, you will get the hang of things. Just because you go to class now from 8am-3pm, does not mean you will easily wake up for 8am classes(keep that in mind). Don't be afraid to introduce yourself, you never know who you might meet. Ratemyprofessor.com does not lie, listen to what upperclassman have to say; they've already been through it. Be optimistic, have no limits; and most importantly, DO NOT LET ANYONE STOP YOU FROM BEING GREAT!

Allegra

Someone who thrives on an atmosphere full of cultural and ethnic diversity should not attend Howard. Most of the students are African-American but they come from various backgrounds. There is a small percentage of Asians, whites, Hispanics.

There is a lot of alcohol use and drug use (smoking week) among the student in the campus despite the school's policy as a dry campus. As a predominantly black college/university, Howard University does not have the most diversity. This is not entirely a problem but the culture here seems to be predominantly that of an urban African-American culture. Some students here seem to be very narrow-minded, ignorant, and subconsciously intolerant towards those of a different lifestyle. I am Pentecostal/Apostolic and I feel judged for my lifestyle/way of dress.

I would have taken more AP courses in order to be exempt from more classes in college. For the AP classes I did take, I would have done better in them so as to prepare myself for the respective course at the college level. However, this could not be helped for some of my classes were poorly taught at my high school by teachers who did not prepare students well. I would have applied for even more scholarship and put more though into what major I would have pursued.

Alexis

Howard is known for educating all people from the perspective of African Americans. The professors encourage us to be knowledgable in every field, aware of current events, and leaders in whichever field we work. Howard is known to be the crossroads of black scholars, students, activists, and Americans, and the current students are invited to be a part of history.

A few words for myself: Do not let people tell you what to do. Do what you want. Make your own mistakes. But don't regret the things you do, take your mistakes and let them make you better. Do not be afraid of failure. When you fail, fail big and have fun with it. Have no fear. The worst thing that you can do is not do something because you are afraid. Facing your fears is the only way to overcome them. So have no fear.

Everyone should go to Howard. The unique thing about Howard is that there is a place for everyone, and there is always something someone will like.

dominic

If I was able to go back in time and speak to my former self while i was still in HighSchool, the first thing i would tel myself is to study hard. Howard University is the Mother of all HBCU's and we are expected to uphold the stardards that are held for us. I would also tell myself to stay away from the partying becuase in no way shape or form is it benifitial to your future. There is to much competition and opportunities to be worried about partying.

They brother and sisterhood we all share

Howard University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.