Washington, DC
Howard University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Howard University

Toi

It's the most prestigious African American Institution. Students from ivy league institutions come to OUR job fairs! The networking oppurtunities are endless.

Go to a college that you think will help you grow into the person you want to be. GET AWAY FROM YOUR HOMETOWN!

The housing availability & the employees in the administration building.

Jovonne

The perfect environment to strive and succeed both academically and socially.

The perfect environment to strive and succeed both academically and socially.

There is no stereotype or "kind" of person that should attend this school. Because Howard is an Historically Black University, most automatically assume that you must be black to attend but that is completely untrue. Any and everyone can succeed at Howard no matter their race or place of origin. The professors are exceptional and the course selection is endless. There are also multiple personalities and large varieties of clubs to join and organizations to be involved in that express a wide array of interest.

The advice I'd give parents about finding the right college is to try not to dominate their child's decision. Help your child, don't decide for them. I say this based off of personal experience. Although I love Howard, it wasn't my first choice. My parents decided on it which made it hard for me to adjust when I arrived because I had my heart set on somewhere else. I felt like they forced it on me therefore when I entered my freshman year, I wasn't open to anything the university had to offer. My advice to students about making the most of their college experience is to keep an open mind. I say this also based off of experience. Because I didn't want to attend Howard, I closed my mind to everything there. I was angry that i wasn't attending the school that I wanted. But when I began to meet new people and open my mind to new things, I fell in love with it all and I wouldn't trade the experience for the world. At the end of the year, Howard went for being just Howard to being "My School."

Lavernon

It is located in the city and gives numerous opportunites for meeting people, both famous and non-famous. Also allows one to be close with the politicians.

I would tell them to choose a college that is in the city, because there is always something exciting to do and beautiful people to meet. Cities usually are preety diverse, so they provide multiple opinions across various subjects. As for the parents I would tell them to allow the your children to choose their own major and the shcool they desire to attend. This is because parents who do this almost always hinder their children from establishing their own identity and achieving their dreams.

Charles

Leadership For America and the Global Community.

Leadership For America and the Global Community.

Choose a school, major, and career path in which money, success, and fame do not matter to you, but simply the enjoyment of it. Money, success, and fame will come soon enough. (P.S. COME TO HOWARD UNIVERSITY)

cory

My school is very artistic and encourages individuality. Some may not seem redicent to accept other people based on their differences, but looks are deceiving at this campus and most people have a very open mind and think practically.

The best way to find a university that fits you is to have a good understanding of who you are and what you want for the future. Often, parents are the financiers for college expenses, so it's only natural they would desire to participate in the process. It's a great idea, but ultimately it is up to the student to decide for themselves. Again, knowing who you are as an individual is imperative for your scholastic ability, and choosing the school that will enhance it. If you have to curtail your goals based on a school's lack of ability to provide what you want, you'll waste your time and your parents money. You will probably end up transferring or questioning your job opportunities upon graduation. Look at yourself in the mirror as a student, and a well rounded individual who wants to learn more. Ask yourself what you truly want, then begin the search for that special university. Tell your parents what you're looking for, and enlist their help. In turn, they'll appreciate it, and hopefully your complete collegiate experience will be wonderful for both you and your parents.

I wish I had known how important the competition at the school was. Of course at every school there is competition, but the competative drive of students at Howard cannot be compared to any other. You must come ready. Students at this school are determined to be successful, with an "any means necessary" attitude, which can be overwhelming in the beginning. Though, as a matriculating student, you quickly get used to the atmosphere. One becomes just as dominearing as the rest, and the assertion one acquires, actually accentuates your individuality, therefore setting you apart from others in the best way.

Ricky

This school is located in a city environment, which offers many places to apply for jobs. Also there is a very conveint metro system which allows students the freedom to leave campus.

College selection can be a very tedious, and probably the most important, choice you will ever make. There are many yhtings to consider when selecting a college campus. It is important to evaluate yourself as a person and decide which type of environment will be right for you. It is always helpful to visit college campuses to get a feel for the college before you make your final decision. Another factor to consider is the cost of tuition and how you will be able to pay to attend the university of your choice. Look into options such as scholarships, grants, loans etc.

The best thing abou the school is that it is a very lively environment. The campus offers many activities for students to get involved in. The campus has a very large student body, and everyone loves to interact and communicate with eachother on the yard or other social places.

Christine

Howard University is one of the best universities on this plant, it allows you to push yourself while making sure you are not overwhelmed.

Before coming to Howard University I would have liked to know anout the application process a bit more. I can the first in my family to attend college and I did not know about applying to colleges. When I applied I thought scholarships were just handed to you; administration would look at your application and then say hey this is how much I will give you. But that is not how it works. If I would have known that back in 2007 I would have submitted scholarship applications.

I would tell parents and/or students to start looking for the best college for them early. Do not wait until senior year to begin your college search, start searching around your sophomore and junior year in hight school. Most students have the dream of going to particular college all throughout their high school career. However, they become devastated when they find out that their grades and/or tests score are not good enough. I would recommend that you start looking for your desired school now so that you know what you should be working towards. For instance, you know what gpa is expected and/or what is the process for applying for scholarships. Moreover, what criteria you need in order to receive a scholarship. I believe that when students apply for scholarship at the end of their senior year they often time over look important details. The more time you spend on searching for the best college for you the more prepared you'll be and the more satisfied you will be with the results!

My school is best known for their homecoming, being the top best HBCU in th country. Also for their fashion

86 their footsteps (make your own footsteps at another school), or do not attend a certain school because your parents want you to be close to them ro because your friends are attending that school. Ultimately you have to live your life and make decision for youself and nobody else.

The most frustrating thing about Howard is the Administrative Building. There is hardly communication between the students and the administrative team. Another problem is housing. Howard accepts more freshman each years, being that freshman are the only ones guaranteed housing, leaving the other classes screwed. Stop accepting more freshman, set a certain number and stick to it!

Linsey

My classmates are very helpful, and often create bonds to get through courses each semester.

They should definitely go to an inexpensive school. Either that, or never miss out on the opportunity to get a scholarship before your grades drop.

Personally, due to my socioeconomic status, the worst part is the little financial aid they offer students, and how expensive everything is. I'm ready to drop out of school due to the expenses.

Howard University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.