Normal, IL
Illinois State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Illinois State University

Kate

Students who could not get into a more competitive school, either because they did not have enough money or because they were not intelligent enough.

I worked very hard in high school, perhaps even harder than I do now in college, and I always got good grades. My goal was to get into a very competitive and prestigious university that I would be proud to attend. However, when it came time to choose what schools I was interested in, the ones I liked the most were too expensive. I highly recommend looking into scholarships so that other people can go to the school that they dream of going to, rather than just settling for one that is inexpensive and close to home. I also think that it is very important to visit a variety of schools before choosing one, because that is a whole different experience than just reading about them.

The worst thing about my school is that some of the teachers do not seem to be very qualified to be teaching at a university. Since I am in the Honors Program, I get to pick my classes earlier than everyone else, so I get to choose teachers that I have heard good things about. Many of my friends, however, have gotten stuck with really bad teachers. We have been put in the same classes but with different teachers, and I understand the classes much better because my teachers are more passionate about the subjects.

Mary

Find a place that has a great program for what you want to study. And sororities are not bad! Join one!

Kari

The best advice that can be given is spend a lot of time researching schools that you/your teenager are interested in. Once your family has an idea of colleges overall, take time discussing and deciding how much you can afford to pay, large greek system or not, big/small, city/rural, and what your student would like to major in. It is important to go to a school that has a good program in whatever you intend on studying. After the colleges have been narrowed down to realistic choices, visit! Spend time walking the campus, looking at the dorms, talking to professors and current students, and take notes! Apply at 4 or 5 schools that you are the most impressed with, see what kind of scholarship you could be offered, and decide from there. Honestly, all schools have postive sides and negative ones, and no matter where your student decides to go, there will be good days and bad days, but it all works out in the end. Good luck!

The people are nice, and you only have to live in the dorms for one year now.

Registering for classes at ISU is terrible and stressful unless you are in the honors program or an athlete.

Alayna

ISU is such a large school but one feels like an true individual at the school, not just another student.

My advice to parents and students about finding the right college is to find one that works for everyone. Compromising never hurt anyone. Also students, listen to your parent's advice, they know a lot more than you think. To make the most of the college experience my advice is to have fun. Enjoy your classes, enjoy your social life, go to school sponsored events, go to non school sponsored ones, etc... Most of all make friends because you'll have these relationships for the rest of your life.

Every type of person should attend this school. There is niche for everyone here.

Alisha

Illinois State University is best known for the Special Education Program. It is one of the best programs in the country. Whenever I tell people that I am a special education major, and that I go to ISU they tell me I made a smart decision. I believe that ISU does do a very good job at helping students know what there major will be like, and help you through it.

One of my favorite quotes is, ?In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.? As I started looking at colleges, I had no idea where I wanted to go. Then I remembered that quote, to be myself, and pick somewhere that I loved, that would work best for me. After all, this decision would change my life, and affect me the most. My advice for students would be simply, make a list of what you want out of a college such as, how far away from home, what major the school must have, and of course what activities there are for you to get involved in. From there all you need to do is look some schools up, go visit them, and from that point on go through an elimination process of which one satisfies you the best. Do not ever let anyone or anything hold you back from doing what you want. This is the beginning of a new chapter, a change. It is okay to be nervous; it is okay to be unsure. Take everything step by step, and I promise you that it will all be okay.

The best thing about ISU is that while over 20,000 people go here I feel as if it is a small school. The quad has all the buildings you will ever have to go to for class close to eachother, and many of the doors are within a five minute walking distance. There is always something going on, or something to be apart of because it is a bigger school, but it is never overwelming.

Ryan

Finding the right college can be a difficult thing to do. There are so many options to keep in mind, the size of the college, their specialty, and the type of people that attend the school just to name a few. All of these are important factors when it comes to finding the correct college, but what is the most important? I personally believe that you should look at what the school excels in before you go looking at the aesthetic choices such as size or types of people. if you want to become a business man, then you should find the schools that has an excellent business program first, then look amongst them for the school that fits your personal choices. in this way you can get the most out of your college time by having a school that not only provides you with the education that you need, but also fits your personal tastes.

Any one who wants to get a good teaching degree should come to ISU, but not only that, any fun loving person would feel welcome at ISU. This school provides activites for all types of people, regardless of what your interests are. ISU also turns out some of the best teachers in the country, making it a great option for any one who is thinking of becoming a teacher.

The only problem i have with this school is the amount of drinking that goes on. Most people go out and party on a weekly basis and it seems a bit much to me. I wish people could find an alternative to drinking when it comes to having a good time on campus.

They're caring and willing to help if I dont understand something.

They're caring and willing to help if I dont understand something.

It's diverse and the campus is pretty.

Choose a school where you will be most able to succeed. This includes the campus environment, school, size, education provided at the school, and the kids of classes available. All of these things will help you do well, and it's extremely inportant to be at a school that can accomodate to your needs. College is your experience, and the more comfortable you are with your environment, the better you'll do. I cant stress enough how important a college experience is; and if you like your classes along with the environment you're in, there's no way you can't make the best of it.

Kristin

Pick the best school for your program, not where your friends are going.

Pick the best school for your program, not where your friends are going.

Someone who is academically driven.

Someone who just wants to mess around.

Jacilyn

Illinois State University is a diverse university with accommodations for all types of students, students generally love the school and the environment.

I really do recommend going to a junior college before attending a 4 year university. It was a good experience and it saved me a lot of money. At the same time, I also recommend that students get involved in activities, it will make you a more well rounded person. I recommend going to all of the colleges that you are considering and see the campus and sitting through a class and seeing all of the things that you would like to do while on campus. That way you will know exactly what you are getting into and you won't be surprised when you get there. Just enjoy it while you can!

I transferred from a junior college and I wish I had known more about the school before I transferred.

Kaylie

We do great in acedemics, but our sprts atmosphere is growing and growing each year

Don't take gen ed's as a joke they are serious classes and if you do bad in them they could lower your Gpa horribly.

This is a great school for future educators. It is one of the best teaching schools in the state. We also have anew business building which is great for people who want to go into business.

Illinois State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.