Syracuse, NY
Le Moyne College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Le Moyne College

Katherine

My classmates are all very friendly and helpful. Everyone cares about you and makes sure you are ok. My classmates want to help other classmates learn and are respectful to the teachers and other students.

Advice I would give myself would be to not worry. College is hard and challenging but it is nothing I cannot handle. Remember to ask for help, teachers care about helping with your education. Living away from home is a good experience and helps with indepenence. You are responsible, organized and goal oriented, use this skills throughout college. Stay true to yourself, you will find people that will accept you for who you are. Dorm life can be interesting. Hope to get a good roommate but do not be afraid to ask an RA or Residence Life for a different roommate or room if it does not work out.

The bes thing about Le Moyne is the campus. There is a lot of green space and it is pretty small. It only takes 5 minutes to walk to class and all the academic buildings are connecting so when it is snowy or raining you do not have to go outside. It is located outside of the city in the suburbs but close enough to go downtown in about ten minutes.

Meghan

Le Moyne College is best known for its service learning. Le Moyne emphasizes the importances of helping others. Also Le Moyne is know for its friendly and welcoming students and professors.

Knowing what I know now about college life I would tell myself one thing; do not worry so much. As a senior in high school I was perpetually anxious about what schools I would get accepted too. I now realize that the schools I did get accepted to I was accepted to them for a reason. Also the transition was much easier than I expected. I worried a lot about not being able to make friends and how it would be hard to learn to share a room with a stranger. Once I got to college I realized that everyone else was worried about the same things I was. There are also so many people that are willing to help you, between RA's, new friends and professors; no one will leave you to fail. I think what would have helped me most as a senior in high school would be knowing that everything will work out in the end. So even if you don't get accepted to your first choice school another opportunity will arise that may work out better for you.

Someone who is expecting a large lecture hall type school. The classes are small here so professors know your name and face and they will no when you aren't in class. Also someone who wants to go to school in an urban atmospher should not attend Le Moyne College, Le Moyne is in a suburb of Syracuse.

brianna

We have amazing views of the city and shopping surrounds us when we need to relax from busy weekends.

Definitly decide Le Moyne. There is a lot of pressure but your degree means a lot and you will get a job as soon as you graduate. Also, you'll meet a lot of nice people and get set up in internships easily. There is tons of shopping and you'll get jobs easy for part-time jobs.

Le Moyne gets you set up with a job immediatly and almost definitely. It is a great small campus so no long walks to classes. Small classes so it is easy to talk to professors.

Christina

The advice I would give myself it to not sweat the little things and enjoy the journey you are about to make. The classes you take, the events to come, and the people you meet will be what forms you into who you will become. Hard work pays off but you need to take little moments every now and then to stop and enjoy where you are in life because life moves quickly and before you know it you will be graduating and heading into the real world, where you need to take what you've learned and appy it daily. These days to come will be the best and most exciting times as you transform from a teenager into a young adult.

A person who likes a small close knit school, where they can be invovled in a variety of activities and sports.

Classes are small and professors are extremely helpful. There is always events going on and the school looks for new ideas constantly to improve the college

Jordan

Dont be afraid. Now is your chance to let go of everything and find yourself. Once you pick your college make the best out of it. Lemoyne is a great school. The teachers want you to succeed. People encourage you when your at college. Theres no need for highschool drama, college is the time of your life when you can focus on you and your future. Find yourself and dont care about what anyone thinks. Have fun and take school seriously. These four years will make a mark on your life.

quality of teachers and classes and friendly enviornment

Sara

My classmates are very driven and inquisitive. I find some friendly and some not so friendly. It is our fresman year and we are all slowly learning to be on our own for the first time.

Take in everything you can in high school. Every little bit you learn will prepare you for college ,even though you think it is trivial in high school.

A person who will not give up when a ten page report is due. An individual who will drive himself to their intellectual limits.

Win the lotto, make more friends, and take time off before you start your 9 years of education ahead.

A person who has enough money without help from the school.

Lack of help from the financial aid office for students who are having a hard time affording college costs.

Rebecca

My classmates are fun, smart and understanding.

My classmates are fun, smart and understanding.

If I could go back in time and give myself some advice as a high school graduate I would tell myself to stop freaking out. I would tell myself that the people I meet will be lifelong friends. The knowledge I gain will be worth the all niters and the memories I gain will be everlasting. I would tell myself to keep going to the gym because the myth about the freshman fifteen is true and to watch what you eat at the cafeteria! I would convince myself to get a job and save up some money! Lastly I would tell myself to get involved more and put yourself out there, one person can make all the difference.

The most frusturating thing about my school is the amount of snow we get.

If I could go back in time I would tell my senior self that while I love college, and I love this school, I should either pick a cheaper one to go to or take a few years off and work. I would sadly inform myself that while I have the motivation, talent, and support I need to achieve great things I would probably never do so because of my financial status and the way the world really works. I would tell myself that while I've always been taught that there are more important things in life than money, you usually can't achieve a damn thing without it. I would tell myself that everybody who tells you things always work out in the end are wrong and they only believe this because they've always had someone looking out for them, but one day they too will realize that we are all pretty much on our own in this world.

I belive that the financial aid office is probably the worst thing about this school. I think that they don't quite understand that some students, like myself, can barely afford to come here because we have other bills to pay like car insurance and cell phone and our parents can't afford to help us with anything because they can barely take care of themselves. It's too bad that people can struggle so much to make themselves a better future and the financial aid office won't bother to help their students out a little more.

You shouldn't attend this school if you don't have enough money to.

The venture to college life is very exciting. It is a chance to discover who you really are as a student and as an individual. When one goes off to college, one does not just gain an education through academics, but gain experiences that mark you for life. The professors are there to help you do just that. Take advantage of their open-office hours. Professors have been through college and have lived a little. They want you to be successful and will do everything in their power to make sure that you do. (Moreover, you are going to need letters of recommendation, so by being friendly with them does not hurt.) Keep the friends from high school, but remember you could drift apart. It is just a part of growing up. Do not lock yourself in your room or the library during the first few days of school. These are the best days to meet new friends who are just as nervous as you are. So on your first days on campus, sit down, introduce yourself, and get ready for the rest of your life.

The worst thing about this campus would be the nonreligous atmosphere. Even though this is a Catholic school, there are very few students aas well as professors who attend church regularly.

The discontinuation of the bus system. We no longer have a reliable bus service to bring students to, well, anywhere. We used to have a free service, but was taken away to pay for a new lacross field.

Le Moyne College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.