Syracuse, NY
Le Moyne College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Le Moyne College

Casandra

In Syracuse, Le Moyne is very well known for the amount of students who are happy here and support the Dolphins. Many people also know of Dolphy Day, a popular social gathering at Le Moyne that happens once every Spring semester.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a highschool senior I would definitely tell myself to do a lot more research before picking a college to attend. I came to Le Moyne as a transfer student because I was dissatisfied with my other school, I picked it because it was far away, not because I enjoyed the campus. I would also tell myself to look into more scholarships, because it is very difficult to get loans with todays economy, and the low economic status of my household has made that process even more difficult for me. Lastly, I would tell myself to keep my head up and work as hard as possible on my grades. Unfortunately, my grades did slip towards the end of high school, due mainly to "senioritis." I realize now that if I had taken control of my "senioritis" that college would be a lot less stressful for me today, especially because I am trying to graduate early to save myself some money. There is so much I would tell myself if I could go back in time, but my main advice would be to work hard, everything falls into place with hard work.

I would have to say the worst thing about Le Moyne is the process of registering for the following semester. If you have an early time to register, then you're fine. However, if you do not then the site often freezes and it is just a hassle. Students who live on campus have the comvenience of going to Registrar for assistance, but commuters have the risk of getting shut out of a class due to the website freezing, so definitely plan ahead during the days of registration!!

Anna

It's a small college that teaches with in Jesuit tradition. The classes are very small and the teachers usually learn the of students in a class by the third week.

Dear Anna, When applying to college try to get accepted to one that is small, diverse and in a suburban area with access to civilazation (hehe). When in college try to be mindful of other people's up-bring and accept them for who they are. Become friends with people who do not live in New York City so you can get the chance to explore/ know more about life. Go on Spring Break outside New York State at least once. Most importantly keep a 3.0 or above GPA. XOXO

The lack of events for students during the weekend especially in the Spring semester. Lack of restaurants with-in walking distance like S.U.

Meaghan

Being small and friendly.

Being small and friendly.

When going to college, the most important thing to keep in mind is to just be yourself. You cannot be afraid to do what you love to do. Why should you not do what you love just because other people do not agree with you? Being open and true to new friends is the best way to make new friends. True friends will be your friend no matter what you enjoy doing. This is when you will make you truest friends that you will keep for a lifetime. They are the ones that you will be able to turn to when you need someone to talk to. You also cannot judge people before you talk to them. Just because someone may look like they are completely different from you, does not mean that they are. Without talking to them, you would never know. So when going to college, just be yourself and be open to new friends. You never know who might become your lifelong friends.

There are activities every week to participate and many intramural sports to participate in throughout the school year.

Katherine

My classmates are all very friendly and helpful. Everyone cares about you and makes sure you are ok. My classmates want to help other classmates learn and are respectful to the teachers and other students.

Advice I would give myself would be to not worry. College is hard and challenging but it is nothing I cannot handle. Remember to ask for help, teachers care about helping with your education. Living away from home is a good experience and helps with indepenence. You are responsible, organized and goal oriented, use this skills throughout college. Stay true to yourself, you will find people that will accept you for who you are. Dorm life can be interesting. Hope to get a good roommate but do not be afraid to ask an RA or Residence Life for a different roommate or room if it does not work out.

The bes thing about Le Moyne is the campus. There is a lot of green space and it is pretty small. It only takes 5 minutes to walk to class and all the academic buildings are connecting so when it is snowy or raining you do not have to go outside. It is located outside of the city in the suburbs but close enough to go downtown in about ten minutes.

Meghan

Le Moyne College is best known for its service learning. Le Moyne emphasizes the importances of helping others. Also Le Moyne is know for its friendly and welcoming students and professors.

Knowing what I know now about college life I would tell myself one thing; do not worry so much. As a senior in high school I was perpetually anxious about what schools I would get accepted too. I now realize that the schools I did get accepted to I was accepted to them for a reason. Also the transition was much easier than I expected. I worried a lot about not being able to make friends and how it would be hard to learn to share a room with a stranger. Once I got to college I realized that everyone else was worried about the same things I was. There are also so many people that are willing to help you, between RA's, new friends and professors; no one will leave you to fail. I think what would have helped me most as a senior in high school would be knowing that everything will work out in the end. So even if you don't get accepted to your first choice school another opportunity will arise that may work out better for you.

Someone who is expecting a large lecture hall type school. The classes are small here so professors know your name and face and they will no when you aren't in class. Also someone who wants to go to school in an urban atmospher should not attend Le Moyne College, Le Moyne is in a suburb of Syracuse.

brianna

We have amazing views of the city and shopping surrounds us when we need to relax from busy weekends.

Definitly decide Le Moyne. There is a lot of pressure but your degree means a lot and you will get a job as soon as you graduate. Also, you'll meet a lot of nice people and get set up in internships easily. There is tons of shopping and you'll get jobs easy for part-time jobs.

Le Moyne gets you set up with a job immediatly and almost definitely. It is a great small campus so no long walks to classes. Small classes so it is easy to talk to professors.

Christina

The advice I would give myself it to not sweat the little things and enjoy the journey you are about to make. The classes you take, the events to come, and the people you meet will be what forms you into who you will become. Hard work pays off but you need to take little moments every now and then to stop and enjoy where you are in life because life moves quickly and before you know it you will be graduating and heading into the real world, where you need to take what you've learned and appy it daily. These days to come will be the best and most exciting times as you transform from a teenager into a young adult.

A person who likes a small close knit school, where they can be invovled in a variety of activities and sports.

Classes are small and professors are extremely helpful. There is always events going on and the school looks for new ideas constantly to improve the college

Jordan

Dont be afraid. Now is your chance to let go of everything and find yourself. Once you pick your college make the best out of it. Lemoyne is a great school. The teachers want you to succeed. People encourage you when your at college. Theres no need for highschool drama, college is the time of your life when you can focus on you and your future. Find yourself and dont care about what anyone thinks. Have fun and take school seriously. These four years will make a mark on your life.

quality of teachers and classes and friendly enviornment

Sara

My classmates are very driven and inquisitive. I find some friendly and some not so friendly. It is our fresman year and we are all slowly learning to be on our own for the first time.

Take in everything you can in high school. Every little bit you learn will prepare you for college ,even though you think it is trivial in high school.

A person who will not give up when a ten page report is due. An individual who will drive himself to their intellectual limits.

Win the lotto, make more friends, and take time off before you start your 9 years of education ahead.

A person who has enough money without help from the school.

Lack of help from the financial aid office for students who are having a hard time affording college costs.

Le Moyne College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.