Syracuse, NY
Le Moyne College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Le Moyne College

Rebecca

My classmates are fun, smart and understanding.

My classmates are fun, smart and understanding.

If I could go back in time and give myself some advice as a high school graduate I would tell myself to stop freaking out. I would tell myself that the people I meet will be lifelong friends. The knowledge I gain will be worth the all niters and the memories I gain will be everlasting. I would tell myself to keep going to the gym because the myth about the freshman fifteen is true and to watch what you eat at the cafeteria! I would convince myself to get a job and save up some money! Lastly I would tell myself to get involved more and put yourself out there, one person can make all the difference.

The most frusturating thing about my school is the amount of snow we get.

If I could go back in time I would tell my senior self that while I love college, and I love this school, I should either pick a cheaper one to go to or take a few years off and work. I would sadly inform myself that while I have the motivation, talent, and support I need to achieve great things I would probably never do so because of my financial status and the way the world really works. I would tell myself that while I've always been taught that there are more important things in life than money, you usually can't achieve a damn thing without it. I would tell myself that everybody who tells you things always work out in the end are wrong and they only believe this because they've always had someone looking out for them, but one day they too will realize that we are all pretty much on our own in this world.

I belive that the financial aid office is probably the worst thing about this school. I think that they don't quite understand that some students, like myself, can barely afford to come here because we have other bills to pay like car insurance and cell phone and our parents can't afford to help us with anything because they can barely take care of themselves. It's too bad that people can struggle so much to make themselves a better future and the financial aid office won't bother to help their students out a little more.

You shouldn't attend this school if you don't have enough money to.

The venture to college life is very exciting. It is a chance to discover who you really are as a student and as an individual. When one goes off to college, one does not just gain an education through academics, but gain experiences that mark you for life. The professors are there to help you do just that. Take advantage of their open-office hours. Professors have been through college and have lived a little. They want you to be successful and will do everything in their power to make sure that you do. (Moreover, you are going to need letters of recommendation, so by being friendly with them does not hurt.) Keep the friends from high school, but remember you could drift apart. It is just a part of growing up. Do not lock yourself in your room or the library during the first few days of school. These are the best days to meet new friends who are just as nervous as you are. So on your first days on campus, sit down, introduce yourself, and get ready for the rest of your life.

The worst thing about this campus would be the nonreligous atmosphere. Even though this is a Catholic school, there are very few students aas well as professors who attend church regularly.

The discontinuation of the bus system. We no longer have a reliable bus service to bring students to, well, anywhere. We used to have a free service, but was taken away to pay for a new lacross field.

Dragan

My classmates seem to live for the weekend and are not interested in learning about new cultures.

If I were a senior back in high knowing what I now know about college life and making the transition, I would say to myself not to be afraid of a bigger school, and prepare myself for hard work as well as having a great deal of fun with the activities on campus. It is important to enjoy college life and be able to balance school work and social life. With that, it is also impotant to prepare for the real world while in college, and this can be done by meeting new people and interacting with people from all corners of the world. Making connections is a key factor in college because this helps me prepare for the future and learn from professionals in the field. Overall, I would say to myself prepare to work hard, enjoy yourself, and make friends and don't be afraid of a bigger school. A bigger school has greater opportunities and you have the potential to succeed with the help of your friends and the network you create for yourself. College is fun, but it is important to work hard and earn fun-time.

The type of person that likes to focuse merely on studies and do well. The type of person that does not perfer big classrooms with more one on one with the professors.

Timothy

I would tell myself that college is a lot like a modified college in that the work is the same, only more complex. The campus life is something which has the potential to draw you away from academics and there are no safe guards to ensure you do your work. I would advise the use of effective time management and designated work times to do class work. Utilize the library as much as possible, the internet can be helpful but the more accurate information comes books. I would advise myself to read my textbooks much more thoroughly and not just skim through the broad picture. It would be important to mention to myself that while working hard is important so is making the most of the social aspect of college. This means that its important to make friends and social connections not only to develop emotionally but to have a strong base to fall back on in the event that the stress of college does start to overwhelm you. College is as much a social atmosphere as it is academic.

Anyone who doesn't want to work for their grades and those who feel uncomfortable around a majority of affluent students.

Joy

Community, service, and spirit.

Community, service, and spirit.

Spell Check Your Text or Website Right Now! Free Online Spell Checker. Fast and Accurate Results. No Software Required. OrSpell Check Your Text Language: English (change) There is no one size fits all college. Every person is a unique and special individual who needs different academic stresses and cares. When a person goes shopping for shoes they look for what fits them the best, and the most affordable price. The same concept could be applied to finding the best tailored college. Also, make the most of the college experience by reaching out to people, keeping a diverse set of friends, and keeping an open mind. Don't assume you're the best, but expect that you are with the best, and in the best kind of environment. Always strive to learn more than what's expected in the classroom because the professeurs assume you are responsible, and mature adults. These experiences with the friends you make in college will last you the rest of your life. Keep them golden! Have confidence and smile.

Kelsey

My school is best known for pushing its students to persevere, succeed, and embrace diversity. At this school knowledge is the biggest source of power one could possibly possess. Hard work is encouraged and awarded.

The campus is great for being located in the city of Syracuse. It's like its own little community. Also, the population is extremely diverse.

One of the most important things to take into account when choosing a college is comfortability. It is necessary to picture yourself spending a good amount of time on a college's campus and in its surrounding areas. While doing so, you should be able to decide whether or not you would feel at home on campus and would be safe, accepted, and happy there. Make sure the campus is not to big or too small for your liking. After finding the perfect college, in order to make the most of the college experience, you must make the college your own. Treat it as your home away from home. Participate in as many activities as possible, whether it be community service projects or intramural athletics. Get out and make friends. Don't be shy and hold back, be friendly and outgoing. Most likely, your new fellow classmates will be just as nervous and scared as you. Most importantly, don't be intimidated by your surroundings or simply try to blend in. Be yourself and embrace your own style. Take your time on campus to discover who you are. Once you make this discovery, never change to impress!

James

Some are very hard working and driven some are lazy and party too much.

Some are very hard working and driven some are lazy and party too much.

Medical Programs and teaching

Make sure you get your applications out early and have an idea of what you want before you start looking at schools.

Alyse

When you walk onto campus it should feel like home. I think it is important to talk to professors and sit in classes to see what it is like. If you want more one on one interaction with your professors, attend a small institution. Don't be afraid to make friends. Most people will accept you. Holding back will not allow you to make friends. Be prepared to put 100% into your course work and attend class everyday. If you do this you will succeed academically. Try to find a part-time job, you will be glad you did in the end.

I wish I knew what is was like to make friends

When you are a transfer student it is really hard to make friends. It is also difficult for a commuter to make friends.

Meaghan

its commitment to the development of the whole self and community service

its commitment to the development of the whole self and community service

visit campuses and get involved in your education!!!!

Le Moyne College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.