Syracuse, NY
Le Moyne College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Le Moyne College

Keri

It's a Jesuit school and it emphasizes bettering yourself and your community

It's a Jesuit school and it emphasizes bettering yourself and your community

I have gained so much my first year at Le Moyne. I've learned so much about myself, others, and how to have good relationships/interactions with other people. My senior year of high school they told me it would be important for me to make friends and form study groups. I didn't believe them because I mostly worked by myself in high school and earned really good grades. When I got to college I realized my past teachers were right. There's a lot of work to do in college and you can't do it all by yourself; why do it all alone when they're are people there who want to help? I also learned to manage time better because there were many times at Le Moyne that I suffered from procrastinating. Le Moyne has been valuable because it has what I want in order for me to be successful. I've made life long friends, built my character, and found my place in society. It helped figure out what I want to do with my life and showed me where I can give back. It made me feel like I'm here for a reason.

There's not much to do on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights

I've learned about how I see the world, and college has taught me that each and every person (young, old, big, small, male, female, etc.) is unique in their own way. And Physics has taught me how to prove that logically. You will only know people by limited observations and hearing what others say (which is 99.9% inaccurate most of the time), and whatever the person tells you about themselves is NOT always going to be constant. Otherwise, water--contained or not--would stay still for a second. By the way, I'm not talking about frozen in the form of ice. This is valuable to me because it says that no matter how much you try to be like somebody else, you will ALWAYS be you no matter what.

Christina

To never give up. I learned that if you give up your dreams you will end up regretting it. I know that I do. Now, after years of looking at my shattered dreams, I'm piecing them back together. I'm going to strive to succeed. I know that through God all things are possible and I will succeed in finishing my degree and I'm not giving up this time. Attending college either traditional or online has helped to focus my dedication and hon my skills. It is something I would not give up for the world, in fact, I'm going to do it all over again.

Karisa

Being in college so far has taught me valuble life lessions about hard work and dedication. Things don't always come easy, you have to work for what you want. For example Math doesn't come easy for me so i have to really wrok hard in those subjects to suceed. Having an education is important. It will prepare me for the hardships that are sure to follow when I get out of school. There are greater financial responsibilites, greater responsibilites at work, working full time versus part time and persuing my education is preparing me to have good work ethic so that I may attain a good career. Applying a good work ethic and dedication in my personal life also will help me when things get hard. I really can't wait to get into the physical therapy world and start making a difference in the lives of my patients. I am also excited for the more near future, my boyfirend and I are planning to get married next year, with us both in college we know we will have to apply those qualities of hard work and dedication to suceed with both of us in school full time.

Kate

Le Moyne College is a 4-Year Catholic school that takes pride in its Jesuit tradition and small but supportive community.

I chose Le Moyne College because it is small, Catholic, and able to give each student the attention they deserve. All of Le Moyne's staff and faculty is incredibly helpful, and care about the success of each and all of their students.

I am so grateful for being able to attend college. In this economy, fewer and fewer young men and women are able to afford the education that will assist them in acheiving their dreams. Being a student this past academic year has taught me so much, not only on an academic level. I believe that it is the people I have met - both professors, and peers - that have changed me to the person I am now and led me to discover a different part of myself. I have become a more accepting, and understanding person, eager to make a difference in the world we live in today. The people I have met have shown me the sacrafices that must be made in an economy like that of this day and age to pay for a college education and I have discovered how grateful I am to have the resources and support that I do. As a student , I was offered the opportunity to lobby for academic funding at the state capital as a representative of Le Moyne College. It is something I have grown to feel very strongly about after the experiences and encounters of my freshman year or college.

Jacqueline

The college experience changes you, and makes you become the person you're meant to be. I know that people say that all of the time, but I didn't really believe it until I went to college. As a freshman, I expected that my roommate and I would become life long friends. After about a year, I learned that the friends I made did not have my best interests in mind, and I decided to commute to college to get away from people that I knew never cared about me. During the spring semester of my Junior year, I studied abroad in Barcelona. The first night I went out, I was mugged, and it totally destroyed my morale. Nonetheless, I remained optimistic and stayed the full semester. You would think that these experiences would discourage me, but they actually did the opposite. They made me so much stronger. There is a common theme in these two experiences that took place in my college years: I expected too much from them. I learned the hard way that I must expect the unexpected. I can't be ready for everything that life throws at me. So future, bring it on.

The availability of the professors and tutoring if you're struggling in a subject. The professors know what they're teaching about, and you learn a lot from the material they provide for you.

A person who likes big cities, and wants to meet a lot of different people.

Dylan

In a nutshell: sorta small, it'll feel big at first but you eventually recognize most people. People go here from all over: mostly the Northeastern US but I know students from California, Nebraska, Spain, Taiwan, Korea, etc. We're sort of seen as SU's smaller sibling, since we share the city of Syracuse with them. Administration is very concerned with the students, and is always looking for new ways to improve the campus...especially the residence halls and athletics! Also: the food is pretty good, I can't lie. We're probably most well known for our basketball team beating Syracuse's basketball team, and for our spontaneous spring all-day party, Dolphy Day.

I'm not going to lie, it's mostly white kids. But there are many ethnicities on campus, and there are Latino, Asian, African-American, Muslim and Irish clubs on campus focused on ethnic backgrounds. There's the usual stereotypical groups: smart kids, rich kids, skater kids, dorks, stoners...but just about everyone is friendly with everyone else. Everyone hangs out with everyone, especially freshman year. Both Republicans and Democrats are pretty evenly distributed on campus and both parties have clubs on campus. Most people love the school, if someone doesn't like the school it's probably because they had a bad experience (ie, awful roomate) early on. Just about everyone I know loves the school.

The food is pretty good, kind of repetitive but there's always breakfast food, salad bar and a sandwich bar available at every meal. Lots of vegan/vegetarian/gluten free options and the cafeteria staff is always willing to change something for you. Only other meal service-covered food is the Dolphin Den, our version of fast food that's kinda greasy but delicious. Our bookstore is a little overpriced, but it's Barnes & Noble (and on campus) which is nice. We have 1 pizza place and a Dunkin Donuts on campus, but within walking distance of every major restaurant chain. Less than a 10 minute drive to WalMart, Target, BJ's, & Wegmans. Two malls nearby, one within walking distance. Shuttle buses to downtown Syracuse, Carousel Mall and Target run pretty frequently. People who aren't going to like Le Moyne are those who plan on being whorish, since word gets around pretty quick. The alcohol policy can be kinda strict, but it definitely keeps kids safe. Those who want to party will have a good time, but those who don't will have a good time and not even realize what they're missing. The dorms are very clean, architecturally nice and fairly new. The school is rather young but it's definitely growing. Good deal of school spirit, and if we don't have enough for you, then Syracuse basketball sure will, which we usually can buy tickets for at a student price, and a shuttle bus is provided. Weather kinda sucks November thru February, but Dolphy Day is amazinggg and the weather in September and April/May is gorgeous.

Not at all. Many kids who go here did go to a Catholic or Jesuit high school, but not everyone is a die-hard Catholic and far from everyone is religious. With the amount of financial aid everyone I know receives, we aren't really a 'rich kid' school...and we're not idiots either, most people choose Le Moyne over SU because of the school size and more residential/suburban campus.

Largest class I've ever been in was a science lecture of about 120 people, but that's unheard of at LMC. Classes normally run about 20-30 kids, but there are many smaller than that. Labs are always fewer than 20 kids and lectures can run anywhere from 20 to 100 kids, but the professor will usually try to get to know everyone. Advisors are major-specific and meeting with them is mandatory before class registration, which is helpful.

Most people are extremely friendly! RAs especially, the RA selection process is pretty intense. Many people have doors wide open, and the lounges are always full of people talking/studying/goofing around. Everyone is in at least one or two clubs, and if you aren't on one of the NCAA sports teams most people are involved in the club teams or the intramural games which are pretty fun. We don't have frats/sororities, but most parties take place at sports team houses within walking distance of campus. Parties are pretty frequent, and if there isn't anything going on at LMC, the SU greek houses are a $5-10 cab ride away which is convenient. There's always some kind of student programming event Thurs-Sun nights for those who don't like to drink, such as bingo/movie night/bowling/snow tubing. Dances are VERY well attended, Halloween Dance, Snow Ball and Blacklight Dance especially.

We're all rich white kids who are heavily Catholic and/or religious because we go to a Jesuit institution. Also, a lot of people think we wanted to go to Syracuse University but didn't get in, so we 'settled' with Le Moyne.

Katie

I've learned the importance of all those individuals in my presence and beauty of the way each person can express and follow their hearts and apply it to their academic career. It's been valuable to attend because everyday I'm reinforced with the fact that goodness is all around us and seeing it and recognizing it, and appreciating it wherever I go, will remind me that I discovered this fact during my undergraduate years at Le Moyne College.

When professors fail to allow their students to show case their talent in the classroom.

Sammy

It is valuable being in a small college, with a lot of resourceful and helpful Professors. There is a lot of opportunity to pick what to be involved in once you know what is offered.

Known the many opportunities, for scholarship awards, clubs, research, mentorships and other career related issues.

There needs to be more stuff for students to do oncampus, to make students feel at home, rather than always looking for something to do home, offcampus or SU campus.

Being in college gives you a level of responsibility you didn't acquire before. You're forced to deal with problems on your own, and come up with a solution. Mommy and Daddy are no longer scheduling your doctors appointments, reminding you to get your homework done, and don't reward you for good grades. Doing the right thing and going above and beyond are actions your no longer rewarded for back in high school, these are things expected from you in college, therefore attending college has changed me as a person. It made me grow up and being independent.

Le Moyne College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.