Annville, PA
Lebanon Valley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lebanon Valley College

Keiko

It's a dream to be here. I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else. I get along better with people here than high school, and my roommate is my best friend. The food is moderately okay, but I'm hoping that since Metz's contract is up this year, they go with someone else to provide the food. If you're looking to be some sort of music teacher whether it be education, performance, recording tech, etc., LVC is the place to be.

Sydney

I love this school. It feels like home. That said, it's a very small campus, so if you make any enemies, you will see them around. It's easy to get involved with clubs and other people, and the professors genuinely care about students' success and well-being. I sometimes wish I would have gone to a school located closer to a bigger city, but I'm so pleased with the opportunities I have been given and the connections I have made here.

Brianne
LVC

It's a great school

LVC

It's a great school

Amber

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to avoid procrastination and work progressively on assignments. Because of all of the work that is assigned during college, I needed to make a quick transition to get myself used to working steadily on papers and other assignments to make sure everything was finished and turned in on time. Also, I would have told myself to be more involved with fellow classmates, because in college I am working with other classmates very often and wish I would not have been as shy towards the beginning.

I feel that that best thing about Lebanon Vally college is that since it is such a small campus and there is a pretty small amount of students, the classes are relatively small. This lets the professors be more engaged with the students in class and can easily help all the students individually. The professors at LVC are extremely helpful and will go the extra mile to make sure you are understanding the class well.

I do not feel that there was anything that I did not know before coming to the school that affected me significantly or that I would wish to have known. During the week before your first year of college at LVC, they have meetings and full days that they tell you about everything you will need to know, and you even get to comfortably explore the campus to make yourself feel at home.

Andrew

I would tell myself to work harder in high school. During my college interview, I found out I was just below the requirement for a scholarship. In a graduating class of 600 people, I was 6 ranks below the cutoff. I knew college would be hard, but I had no idea what was coming. For the past year I have worked 3 jobs simultaneously while attending college full time, and I have recently added an internship to my list of responsibilities. The summer before my first fall semester I worked 80 hours a week and saved every dollar I had. Less than a year later everything I have saved is gone. In high school I worked, and saved a little, but I wasted a lot of money in those years that I wish I had now. And I would tell myself to enjoy high school, instead of longing for graduation as badly as I did. And I would tell myself to never underestimate the little pleasures in life, someday that'll be all you'll have.

I wish I would have known how the administration treats students compared to other schools. Unfortunately, Lebanon Valley College tries very hard to make it seem like a continuation of high school, and they succeed in doing so.

Lebanon Valley College has a very good music program, and I would definitely recommend it for any one wishing to go to college for music.

Chase

I would tell myself to go to a more prestigious school with a lower tuition cost. I wish I would have gone to Pennslvania State University or St. John right away instead of spending money on a private school.

The best thing about this cool is the personal interaction with the professors. They truly do want each student to succeed and are great mentors if advice is ever needed.

Alison

I would tell myself to start off at Lebanon Valley, instead of transfering from a community college. I would tell myself to try to be more open and ready to accept the college life, that everything will be fine, I will make friends that will last a life time. To work hard and I can accomplish anything that I can put my mind to. I would basically tell myself to have more confidence and to work harder on my academics to get farther a head in less time. I would tell myself to learn how to stay organized and be more efficent with all my work inside and outside of the classroom. If I work hard now I can have fun and hang out with my new friends on the weekends. I would also tell myself to relax and take deep breaths, because I do need to keep calm and keep working hard.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend is someone who can not rise to a challenge and one who discriminates against others. If you can not challenge yourself then, why are you going to college in the first place, some classes are easier than others but it is worth it. Also who would want to go to a school were people are rude about your culture.

The most frustrating thing I think are the people who slack and then get angry at teachers and classes, when it their own fault for not trying in the first place. It really frustrates me when people act like they are better than others and when they get put into their place and cannot handle it.

Cassandra

Lebanon Valley College is an eclectic college, with strong community connection.

Stay the course. Do not give up on your dreams. Life is too short to doubt yourself. Push harder than you ever have. Love, laugh, and cry, but most of all, enjoy it because it will go by way too fast.

A person who is goal oriented, and appreciative of a more tight knit community. Persons who feel they can excel in groups, but feel they need "smaller" groups to feel less intimidated.

Take your time. You may feel lonley and you will get homesick. It gets easier and more fun, and soon you will never want to leave school. Make sure you like your friends. Having bad friends by your side makes the transition significantly harder. Also, if you don't get along with your roommate, find a new one! It will make your college life more fun and less stressful having a friend in your room instead of an enemy. Also have fun. Go to parties, and join a bunch of clubs. They are great ways to meet new and lasting friends.

I wish I had known that in college the people you meet the first few weeks that you think are amazing will probably end up being strangers that you akwardly wave to when you pass them around campus. It was significantly harder to make real friends than I thought it would be, but I did do it.

The work is frustrating. Typically classes have tests and papers due around the same time so if I have a slow week with assignments and studyingm the next week I run off no sleep and study nonstop.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, my biggest piece of advice would be to take school seriously and learn good study habits. The hardest part of my first semester of college was teaching myself how to study. In high school studying was not a huge priortiy of mine and now that I am in college I wish I would have taken the time to learn how to study and what works best. College professors expect a lot more of students than my teachers in high school ever did. I wish I would have known how important it is to read your textbooks in college because when it comes to exams many professors expect that you read the chapters in the text book. Even during lectures professors expect that students read and are prepared for discussions or prepared with questions. I wish I would have known in high school that there are many distractions in college and it is important to learn to manage time wisely and get work done in a timely manner. Procrastination is evil and I would advise to myself would be to avoid it whenever possible.

I consider the small community the best thing about my school. With only about 1600 students on campus in total, we are all one happy community always willing to help one another. Lebanon Valley College was the best fit for me because I wanted to feel like a person in class and not just a number. Each professor knows their students on a personal level and it makes students feel like they belong to a community on this campus.

When I tell my friends about Lebanon Valley College, I brag most about the area in which it is located. I come from a very rural area and that is exactly what the area at Lebanon Valley College is like and it makes it feel like home for me. The farm land and the pastures filled with cows are what I brag about to my friends because I am lucky to have found a school that is not in the city and feels like home for me.

Lebanon Valley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.