Annville, PA
Lebanon Valley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lebanon Valley College

Hayley

Lebanon Valley College is a small, private, liberal-arts college in a rural Pennsylvania town with a great academic reputatio...

Lebanon Valley College is a small, private, liberal-arts college in a rural Pennsylvania town with a great academic reputation.

If I could go back in time and give myself some advice about college, I would tell myself to ignore what other people were telling me I should do once I graduated. My parents, especially my mom, always told me that I would make a great teacher-- having weekends and every summer off were great bonuses too. I enjoyed being around children, so it seemed like a good idea. The problem with this aspiration was that I do not like talking in front of groups of people-- no matter how old they are. In high school, I loved listening to and playing music. I would go back and advise myself to ignore what my parents were encouraging me to do, and to focus more on pursuing my love of music. Because I hesitated in abandoning my goal of becoming a teacher, I am a year behind my other music classmates in the requirements for my degree. I also lost the opportunity of strenghening other skills that are needed to succeed in this field. I do not regret losing that time, but I wish I had followed my own instincts on what I wanted to do after high school.

Any kind of person should attend Lebanon Valley College. We have many different kinds of social and academic clubs, Greek life, and a wide variety of sports. A prosepecitve student should be dedicated to learning (the college has strong academics). They should also not mind living in a small town and small campus that is very different from a larger university or college. Someone who wants to be involved in a variety of activities and is focused on their education would be best suited for Lebanon Valley College.

Anderson

I would tell myself to be more focus on the transition from home to college. to be more prepare, and be ready to step out my confort zone to interact with other culture other than my own. also i would tell my self to developt good time management skills so it would be easier for me as i am getting adapt as a freshman. i would telll myself to develop good study habbit early and good test taking skills.

They are acepting of others. They are open minded about others race, sexual orientation and their academic are outstanding.

the education which i am recieving at lebanon valley college. also their sport programs

My school is a great small school with amazing teachers and great education.

My school is a great small school with amazing teachers and great education.

My classmates are the nicest people I have met and everyone is willing to say hello and to give you a hand when needed.

I wish I could go back in time to when I was a senior in high school to talk to myself. If I knew half of the things I know now going into college, I think I would have had a more successful first semester at college. First off, I would definitely tell my past self that college is totally different from high school. I would tell myself that high school really does not prepare you for the rigorous course work in college. I mean, yes, high school prepares you with basic skills of reading, writing, and mathematics, but high school does not teach you how to study. I would make sure to tell myself learn how to study while the material is easy. However, everyone probably knows they need to study, and I even told myself that going into college. I would tell myself that I need to expect to study A LOT. Lastly, I would advise myself to learn how to manage time. When you think you have so much free time, in reality you don't. You can't change the past, but knowing what I know now will help me improve in the semesters to come.

Carleigh

In order to ensure a socially, academically, and emotionally successful transition to college you should guide your decisions upon the following advice. Open your mind to new people, ideas, and opinions. Sign up for at least one activity. Make friends besides your roommate. Work at least a day ahead on homework. Seek help at the first sign of trouble. To find help contact your RA, professor, peer tutoring, or peer counselors depending on the problem. Say yes to new and nondangerous experiences. Staying in your room 24/7 will not make you happy or successful. Spend time in social areas such as lounges, you never know who you will meet and you can do your homework there too. Do not go home until fall break! The first month of transition is critical. Going home during this vital period will sever possible social ties that you could have made, making it harder to create a home at college. Going home during this time will only make it harder to return to school. If you wait, you will be able to go home and still want to return to school. Follow this advice and you will be successful in your new home.

The school for the most part is very upfront about everything an incoming student needs to know. The only thing I wish I would have known is that although LVC guarantees graduation in four years for each student, my double major education program requires course overload and the accompanying costs in order to complete both majors in four years.

The student of LVC should be one who knows what they want for their future, cares for others, has a deep desire to serve others on campus and in the community, cares about academics, and is opening and accepting of others. The LVC community is a family and therefore each student must be willing to accept all other members of the community and assist and work together to ensure the success of both parties. In addition, the student of LVC should be one who prefers the seclusion and safety of small towns.

Olivia

Lebanon Valley College has a surprise day in the Spring semester called "Dutchmen Day." On this day students are woken up by airhorns blowing and student government running through the dorms yelling "it's Dutchmen Day!" Classes are cancelled, fun activities are planned for the entire day and everyone receives a free t-shirt. Students enjoy activities such as playing on giant inflatables, eating ice cream sundaes and funnel cake, listening to concerts and music throughout campus, watching free movies, playing games and winning prizes. Students have fun guessing when Dutchmen Day will be since it is always a surprise.

If provided the opportunity to talk with my senior self, I would encourage her to stay involved in many extracurricular activities, which will help her prepare for the hectic college lifestyle. I would let her know it is not necessary to cram her schedule with extremely difficult classes to prepare for college, and would assure her it is not the students who take difficult high school classes who do well in college, but rather those who apply themselves, work hard and seek help when necessary. I would also advise her not to be afraid to request a tutor in college, because even “A” students use tutors. Learning to take initiative for her studies and manage her time will best prepare her for this next phase of her education. Knowing that division three colleges have competitive athletic programs, yet view academics as the priority, I would encourage my senior self to play collegiate soccer. After learning that being a part of a sports team builds lasting relationships, choosing not to play soccer is my biggest regret. Being a part of a sports team helps new students adjust to campus life and provides study breaks, which are crucial to learning in college.

Students are required to live on campus for all four years of school. This requires most students to live in dorms for two or three years. There are apartments and houses located on campus for students to reside in, however these cost more money to live in than dorms or living off campus. Along with this, LVC also requires each student to have a meal plan, which is also rather expensive. This is not ideal for students who live in the campus apartments which have a full kitchen available to them and therefore have no need for a meal plan.

Jeff

It is not that opportunities like the ones in college will never present themselves in another form later on, but it is that so many different opportunities will be presented at one time at one place. Take advantage of any opportunities you can become involved in. Get as involved as possible. It will increase your connections, job skills, and also keep you out of trouble that comes with an excess of free time.

The best thing about this school is that it is small which allows for close interactions with students and other professors. It is extremely easily to get involved in groups on campus and become active on campus. The size of the school also allows students to utilize their professors not just as teacher, but also as mentors for the rest of their lives.

The worst thing about this school is that it's smaller size inhibits the ability for kinds of activities. It does not have a big gym or a large number of alumni. There is one place to eat and very few choices in housing options.

Jasmany

Your undocumented status should not define who you are and how you conduct yourself. Despite the disadvantages that you have in pursuing a higher education, the possibility of succeeding in your academic goals is still attainable. The struggle may be tedious, but it will be worth the fight once you achieve what others do not even dare to attempt. You should not let your friends and peers in high school distract you from doing your best in your academics. Concentrate in your classes and study hard so that you can attend a four-year university. In other words, it doesn’t matter if you have a lot of friends or if you’re popular because that will not be worth much once you’re done with high school. Your academic achievement will define who you are and where you go in life. Don’t get hung up on girls because at this young age, you kids don’t know what you want or what is best. Don’t let what you believe “love” is blind you from the reality of life. Your career comes first and then love. Overall, try your best. It will pay off in a few years.

LVC is a small-town, private liberal arts school that has a great, well respected teacher education program.

I would tell myself to enjoy the college experience more. Grades are important, and failing or losing scholarships certainly isn't an option, however once you graduate, it won't matter whether you had a 4.0 or a 3.4. You won't remember the Friday nights spent in the library or music practice rooms, but you will remember the party with friends, or the impromptu road trip.

It's in a really small town, so there isn't much to do outside campus. Weekends can be a little boring.

Molly

My school is best known for its Physical Therapy department.

My school is best known for its Physical Therapy department.

I would advise myself to not be so nervous about the transition. I thought I would be extremely homesick, but I never felt homesick once. LVC is great at helping students make the transistion to college life, and I am so glad that I chose this school to continue my education.

Before I came to Lebanon Valley College, I wish I had known that many students that live in residence halls leave on the weekends. Many of my friends have left over the weekends, and it can be hard to find things to do on the weekends.

Annie

I would tell myself that college is an important decision but not to get overly worried about it. I would also tell myself to explore more college out of state and such.

I love the "family" feel. The faces of everyone on campus are so familar. I also love the small class size.

A person who wants a big party school with lots of new people and big classes shouldn't attend this school. Also someone who does not focus well on academics.

Lebanon Valley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.