Annville, PA
Lebanon Valley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lebanon Valley College

Caitlyn

Throughout my first year of college, I have learned several valuable life lessons. I have been fully emerged in a diverse field of study and have taken several classes which have expanded my knowledge of the world around me. I have become more accepting of those who are different from me by understanding the ways in which they are similar to me. My college experience has also taught me the value of hard work, and the rewards which can be won from honest work. The knowledge that I have acquired has been rewarding in itself. It is a great feeling to have the knowledge of history, science, math, etc. I believe that everyone should have a chance to attend college so that they can realize the benefits of a further education.

I like that LVC has so many different clubs and activity groups for every religion, race, sexual orientation, etc. Everyone who attends can find at least one group that interests them.

To attend Lebanon Valley College, you should have a strong work ethic and be willing to put in long hours of study for your classes. Also, students planning on attending LVC should be interested in clubs and activities.

I feel I have learned more in the last three semesters I have been at LVC than I learned in my entire school career. If I didn't understand something the professors were always right there to help and to answer questions. Strangers here have become family and I wouldn't trade them for the world. The people here are welcoming and helpful. There are numerous clubs and a variety to chose from so everyone is sure to find something that interests them. My classes are small and all my professors know my name and support me. I feel if I had gone anywhere else I wouldn't have memories near as great as I do now. I wouldn't trade the last three semesters for the world.

The professors are extremely knowledgable in their field and are very helpful. They all have office hours and if you can't make it during their office hours they will make an appointment that works for you. If they can't meet with you during their regular day they will stay late to answer your questions. Many even have an open door policy so you can meet with them whenever their door is open. Not only are the always available, but they are always happy to help.

I feel the diversity of our school lacks. I come from an area where we are very diverse. My highschool was one of the most diverse in our state, so coming here and seeing people of the same ethnicity was quite depressing. If I could change one thing about our school, it would be to make it more diverse.

Lebanon Valley College is small enough to not be overwhelming and offers you a chance to grow whether it be in your interests or yourself.

I will start my first semester as a freshmen in a few days. My first impression was that everyone was really nice and friendly. I am also learning that I have a lot more responsibiliites to worry about now. Such as buying text books, paying for school supplies, and getting myself out of bed in the morning to attend class. You also have to think more about your needs rather than your wants. Finding a way to afford school with out coming out with too much debt is also a major concern. Everything is up to you now, with how you want your schedule to be and how your going to plan around eating, sleeping, studying, and working all at the same time. College is valuable to attend because of the expierences. First of all you are on your own except if you are planning to commute, there are also many things that you have to juggle in a day, and then you also meet some people along the way leaving lasting friendships. College is a time to grow up, change your mind, and then figure out what you really want in life.

Lebanon Valley is a small school and is has a great atmosphere. Everyone seems to be very nice and the college is also very pretty. They offer a lot of different majors that are often hard to find in other schools. Each major also has a focus that you can pick, so it applies to more of what you like. The college is also located between many convienient places, such as Hershey park, Park City Mall, and other various locations nearby.

Karly

I’ve gotten so much out of my college experience that it’s difficult to know where I should begin. I believe the most important thing I have gotten however, is the added experience of understanding of the different cultures and beliefs that others have. My favorite classes have been those that the Professor allowed for us to have open discussions that at times, would result in somewhat heated arguments. It’s beautiful to see people stand so strong for what they believe. It’s been so valuable for me to attend, because it inspires me to do stand strong, as well as to continue having respect for others’ beliefs and opinions about a subject.

I have learned how to interact and work together with individuals that are different from me. It has been essential in growing as a student, future businesswoman, and human being. Where I was uncomfortable and unsure of individuals of other cultures, I am now more culturally aware and accepting. I welcome new ideas and new information. I understand and value the differences of those who have had experiences that vary from my own as that is what makes schools, as well as companies, successful. If I had not attended college, I would have not been exposed to as many students, professors, and guests who have taught me about other cultures. Similarly, I would not have learned why the differences in diverse classrooms, companies, and countries are necessary in working together to better the human race.

There is nothing to do off campus except drink coffee or see a movie.

Katie

Through my freshman year I met a lot of different people and went through many different experiences. I loved all of my classes and learned so much, not only in but out of the classroom as well. All of these experiences help me become a better person and allow me to open up my mind to different things and people. I have learned different ways of looking at things, which will help me in the future. Living on my own, with different people is an experience in itself. Everything about college is valuable to me because every experience is a learning experience. In the end, having gone through these things will only make me a more valuable person.

I would have to say that the most frustrating about LVC is the food. There are only two places to get food, either the cafe or the Underground. The cafe has a good choice of food, but it is not exactly the best. The food at the Undergroud is good, but it isn't that healthy. I just wish there were more choices.

My classmates are the most amazing and helpful students ever.

My classmates are the most amazing and helpful students ever.

So far in college I have learned about time management. Time management is very critical especially being on time for classes. Attendence is very important at Lebanon Valley College and it affects ones grade if too many classes are missed. Responsibility is another key factor in the college experience. Being on your own for the first time is scary but you can not get crazy and party all the time. Grades and classes are what is going to help you strive towards a particular goal. While in college I learned how to be responsible for myself and not get involved with someone who will try to crush my dreams. It has been very valuable to attend college because it has taught me a lot of life skills, such as being on my own, doing my own laundry and anything else that is required to live on your own. The biggest value would be learning the new material without having the teacher spoon feed the information to the student like in high school.

Before I came to Lebanon Valley College I wish I would have known more about their science program.

Be prepared to study and read in college much more than you did in high school. When you get into college, the professors still notice the little things that high shool teachers do and they will notice if your grades slip or if you miss homework. Be ready to motivate yourself. Don't procrastinate as much as you did in high school. Learn to study while there are distractions around..

I wish that I had known how much reading is necessary and also that professors know you by name here, so they notice if you miss class or aren't paying attention or if you do bad on a quiz.

LVC is a really good college to go to academically, and it is known for being academcially harder than state schools and many other schools in the state. We also have many athletic teams that do fairly well.

Lebanon Valley College has a very safe and close-knit campus in comparison to other schools I considered. You find yourself recognizing, if not knowing, almost everyone you pass on the sidewalk. Lebanon Valley College is also really unique because it offers a six year doctoral physical therapy program that you can be accepted into as a freshman. This allows you to get your degree in less time than you would at most other schools where physical therapy is only offered as a graduate program.

Dear Sarah, The most important piece of advice that I could give you would be to have more confidence in yourself during your senior year of high school. You spend too much time doubting your abilities when you have no reason to. You constantly ask yourself, ?What if I?m not smart enough for college?? and ?Do you really think you?re capable of playing college soccer?? Well, of course you are Sarah . I know from experience that you are the most determined person I know. You will not settle for last place or for a B in that biology class. So simply relax. You will get accepted to college. You will make the women?s soccer team. You will also make plenty of new friends and still manage to keep in touch with the one?s you leave behind at home. There?s nothing you can do about those sad and nervous feelings that you have about leaving home, but know that it gets better. College is going to be awesome Sarah. You will thrive as you take on the new responsibilities, come across the new opportunities, and face the new challenges ahead. Love, Sarah, your new college self

Any person that is hates the country or desires the fast-paced city life probably should not attend Lebanon Valley College. This college is located in Annville, which is an extremely small town. There is plenty to get involved in on campus, however there is not much to do in the surrounding areas. It is far from city life and will probably seem like an extremely boring place to be for someone who likes the city.

Kelsey

I would advise myself to not worry about college. I would tell myself that the most important thing is to allow myself to open up and be willing to meet more people. I would also tell myself to keep up with scholarship applications, because that would only make my life easier in the long run.

A person considering attending this school should want to be in in a small school setting. They should also be willingto put forth the effort to complete assignments.

There is very little that is frustrating about LVC. One of the few frustrating things is that unused meals on the meal plan do not roll over to the next week. A student can sign up to be allowed to get a certain number of meals a week, but if he or she does not use them, they do not roll over.

Lebanon Valley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.