Bethlehem, PA
Lehigh University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lehigh University

Wayne

Lehigh University creates an insulated environment, “protecting” their students from contemporary social justice movements, that fosters rampant racism and classism. While some of the professors espouse ostensibly anti-racist views, anti-racism and social justice are little more than buzz words that have no meaningful effect on day-to-day experiences of students. Since a substantial part of the student body enjoys unexamined privilege, this doesn’t become an issue for most students and instructors. They get the benefit of participating in social media ready social justice conversations without putting in the intellectual, emotional, and physical work necessary for the creation of a truly equitable academic institution. If you are planning a career in social justice work in any form, this school will likely be a disappointment. It offers few opportunities for meaningful engagement, particularly intellectual analysis that allows for voices other than those that center the middle class white worldview. I get that the school is mostly recognized for its engineering programs - and I’m sure the quality of engineering education is great - but the reputation of the school should not be an excuse to maintain systemic racism and classism.

Steven

I love Lehigh University not only for the financial aid that is given but the variety of opportunities given to each student. Although the campus has a lot of stairs, it is a common way of exercise here. It is a great school with professors there to help you in in your decision process . Beautiful campus and amazing facilities.

Phoebe

Lehigh University is a school with a great reputation in both academics and social life, which I have found to be true throughout my time at Lehigh. The academics vary by department but generally professors are intelligent and competent. I have had classes with professors who were less than competent, however they have not dissuaded my opinion. The only problem I have with Lehigh’s academics was something I came across while in the P.C. Rossin School of Engineering. The engineering program was a prime example of a program that weeds out students, even if they are passionate about the subject. The social scene at Lehigh is dominated by Greek Life, which I found out very early on during my first year. I do participate in Greek Life; however, I do feel like we need some diversity and to reach out to other outside organizations. Since about half of the student body is in a Greek organization it feels like there is a constant divide between Greek students and non-Greek students. There is also a large culture around partying and binge drinking. Before coming to Lehigh, I was not aware of this and it came to a shock to me when arriving to school. I personally have never felt pressured to go out or to drink, but I can understand if someone might feel this way while going to Lehigh. There is a chance of a party anyway of the week, and this paired with the academic rigor of any other highly selective university there is a big emphasis on “Work Hard, Play Hard.” Balance is the key to doing well at Lehigh University, you must be responsible enough to recognize when you should be doing work and when it is appropriate to party. If you are up to the challenge of a selective school but would like to have an active social life Lehigh is the place for you. Overall, it is a beautiful campus and a great choice especially if you’re interested in business or engineering and would like to be involved in Greek life.

Grace

Choosing to attend Lehigh University has honestly been one of the best decisions I've made so far. The classes are small enough that you get attention, but you're still constantly meeting new people and making new friends. Speaking of friends, I've met so many amazing people who I'm lucky enough to call my friends. Also, join the marching band. You'll meet a ton of super cool people and they will be the greatest support system you can find.

Tyler

I think this is a phenomenal school. I spend ample amounts of time with professors working on class-related projects as well as some of my own. The resources are second to none. There's a whole building dedicated to engineering products which is by the most helpful tool any school can provide to an engineer.

Huizhong

changed my life

changed my life

Katie

there's always something going on on campus and it's never boring. also always busy but it's nice to be occupied by academics while balancing the social scene. seems like a small town but lots of little gems to discover. work hard play hard is the motto and figuring out how to manage that has been a learning experience in itself.

Lehigh University will provide you an intimate learning experience in the classroom, and an array of leadership experience through their clubs and social communities. If you can't find a club that suits your need, Lehigh will support you as long as you can lead your vision with a plan. Lehigh provided me the tools to become a better leader, and I was able to test my skills my next adventure after school.

Clara

Fantastic resources, academically very strong, lot's of one-on-one time with professors, beautiful campus.

Maura
Lehigh Rocks

You go there for the hills, and soon after regret it... but your legs have never looked so nice

Lehigh Rocks

Lehigh University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.