Bethlehem, PA
Lehigh University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lehigh University

Caraline

Lehigh has a strong sense of tradition and pride going all the way back to its founding. Its strong community and spirit is what makes it fun and it's what makes it home.

Lehigh offers so much flexibility between their three colleges; it's no trouble to pursue any mixture of business, engineering, or arts and sciences. You can be who you want to be and do want you want to do, restricted by minimal hurdles or impediments. Lehigh prepares you for life by allowing you to discover who you are through trial and error, without penalizing you for the mistakes.

You’re afraid, I know. You’ve lived in the same small town your whole life. You’ve had the same core group of friends since you were 11. And now you’re leaving all that behind, and you are terrified. It’s ok to be terrified. But it’s not ok to let that hold you back. It’s not ok to get to college and turn your new friends into your old ones, or your new routine into your old one. This is the start of something great, something beautiful, something completely new: this is the start of you. Not you as your parents want you to be. Not you as you think your teachers expect you to be. Not you who wants to blend in with the crowd. This is the time to show them—the world—who you really are, in the purest, most wholesome sense of the word. So don’t hold back. No regrets. Take the risks to meet new people, do new things, and live your life the way you want to, because this is the time to be unapologetically YOU. Take control of your fear, and let it propel you into greatness.

Lehigh definitely has a party scene, but it’s avoidable. Sign up for CHOICE (substance free) housing if you don’t drink – it’s not just for sheltered helicopter-parent raised kids; you’ll find resident artists, geeks and club leaders there as well. There are parties every day, but you won’t notice unless you pursue them – most are off campus. I almost passed by Lehigh because of its party school ranking, but I’m glad I wasn’t scared off. If you can find a group of like-minded friends, Lehigh is safe for the non-partygoer too.

After one horrible exam, I went to my professor's office. This professor, whom I admired greatly, said something that almost made me cry. “You’re a freshman. You shouldn’t even be in my class.” “But I love Organic Chemistry!” “Yeah, well you would have loved it next year.” I talked to a student who'd had him before. “Was he saying he didn’t want me in his class?” She didn’t think so. Except for that exam, I was doing well. He probably meant I was already advanced for my level so I shouldn’t despair setbacks. What this incident showed me is how unexpectedly vulnerable my self-confidence became at college. Away from home and my secure friend group, I was challenged in ways I’d never imagined. When I didn’t perform as well as I’d hoped, I looked to people around me for indication whether this was normal or I was a failure. Suddenly I trusted their judgment more than my own. My advice to my high school self is this: Stay positive. Prove doubters wrong. Only you know what you’re truly capable of. Now is the time to let it shine.

Lehigh has incredible opportunities and resources for a school its size. I was looking for a school that offered degrees in both Molecular Biology and Mechanical Engineering that still had a small campus feel, and Lehigh has met my expectations. Lehigh excels at science, engineering, and business, and people looking to delve deeply into or combine these areas will find limitless opportunities. As a freshman, I’m doing research in one of my professors’ lab this Spring. For a school with 5,000 undergrads, its course selections, degrees offered, and research opportunities are reminiscent of a large, research based institution.

Matt

Lehigh University has a place for everyone, as long as they meet a few requirements. They must constantly express the desire to learn, inside and outside of the classroom. A Lehigh student must never settle for anything below their dreams because there is no university better suited to get he or she to that place. Lastly, to attend Lehigh, a student must be prepared to work-- to let go of highschool, when his or her studies came easily -- to roll up one's sleeves and labor away, all in the pursuit of becoming the best version of themselves.

I can only speak on behalf of myself, and having only been a Lehigh student for a semester, the most frustrating thing about my time here is that everyone is extraordinary. While that is far from a negative thing, it can be incredibly frustrating because everyone excels academically and suddenly a valedictorian is only in the middle of the pack. It can be tough to watch students around you perform so well while you study tirelessly. However, if a student puts in the work, he or she can do just as well, so it isn't too hard to overcome.

My school has great alumni network. When I got accepted, they had an accepted students dinner with alumni around my area and also invited me many events in order to get me interested.

A type of person who isn't willing to go outside of their comfort zone. You definitely need to step out and really do things that you normally wouldn't do in order to find what you like.

Dear Senior Kayla, 4 Advance Placement classes, The Common Application, and decisions. I know what you're going through. It seems that your whole life you've been working to get into the best college, and the time is getting closer and closer. Don't stress. I promise you that you will get into the school that is meant for you. The tears that you shed last night because of the amount of anxiety are not worth it. You don't need to spend hours on end in the library. Study hard and do well, but take time to enjoy the little things in life. This is the last year you'll spend time with your family. Although the nagging seems never-ending, there will be a time when you miss Mom's singing in the morning to wake you up and of course, her food. Use this last year at home to grow and mature; Learn how to iron a shirt and cook a meal in a microwave. In the end, be happy. You'll have time to stress about academics and make lifelong friends when you're in college. Trust me. Sincerely, College Kayla

Lehigh is a university with fun and energetic learners as well as many eriching opportunities outside of the classroom.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would remind myself what I truly wanted from a college. I truly wanted a place where I could earn a phenomenal education and succeed in finding a job after graduation. Lehigh is the perfect environment to do just that. Priorities are key when looking for a place to study for the next four years. Education should remain the highest priority as you make your decision of where to go, but location, atmosphere, and culture should not be overlooked. If a student does not feel comfortable on his campus, he will not succeed as well as he could elsewhere. These types of these are also extremely important in making a college choice. If I could go back, I would remind myself of my top priorities.

Lehigh's main drawback is the hills on campus that make every day a workout.

Devika

Lehigh University is great engineering and business school and has a really strong alumni network that allows students to find high paying jobs upon graduation.

Lehigh University is best known for finding students high salary jobs right out of college while also having a high party scene

The most important thing I would say to my high school self is learn to develop good study habits. In high school, the level of academic difficulty is not nearly as high as it is in college, especially since I came from a high schoool that was not that academically rigourous. It was easy to get high grades without studying too much and thats why I struggled to adjust to the academics in my first semester. Another piece of advice I would give is to definitely try and meet as many people as I can within my first semester. It becomes harder after that because people form their own groups and you have to make more of an effor later on. Freshman year, everyone is on the same boat as you and noone knows anybody. Remember that you can completely change how you want yourself to be preceived by others because nobody knows you. If you were known to be shy and conserved in high school, you can completely turn that around in college. Lastly, learn to keep a good balance between acadamics and your social life. You are given a lot of new freedom so learn to be responsible.

Xavier

Based on all the classes I have taken so far, I can certainly say that my classmates have been nothing but respectful, attentive and suportive.

If I could go back in time and be able to talkt to myself as highschool senior, I would give my self the encouragement needed and the certaintity that everything will be okay. I would tell my self that college has been a great experience so far, and that instead of being nervous about it I should be excited to attend college. In addition, I would inform myself about the many liberties that living on capus gives you as well as the responsabilities that one has to assume as an adult. I would tell my self about all the amazing people I have met so far and also about the great trachers and professors that have helped me on I needed their help. I used to think that college would be really difficult because I would not have anyone to rely on when I needed help, but I was wrong.

That Lehigh has a very pleaseant and welcoming enviroment which makes it easy for new people to easily get confortable in the four years I will be living at Lehigh.

Benjamin

Lehigh is a place where you can find yourself, connect with others, and make the changes you need to make in your life.

Learn to love learning and writing, and make sure that you apply to as many scholarships as you can. Start applying to colleges as early as possible, and be sure to get advice from a lot of different people to decide whether or not your applications will be effective. Nothing is ever "good enough"- make it perfect. Most importantly, never stop working on what is important to you, that is, do something constructive every day. Even if it's as simple as organizing your college choices into a list, adding a sentence or to to your essay, or sending some emails, it's all the little things that count toward eventual success.

The websites. Apparently, even though there are literally hundreds of young, tech-savvy engineers at Lehigh, they still haven't figured out how to make a page reasonably simple to navigate, and the registration process has been hellish in the past due to site failures.

Nicholas

Lehigh is best known for their rigourous and renowned engineering program. With some of the best professors in their respective fields, Lehigh gives engineering students the confidence that they will be receiving an education from some of the top names in the engineering profession. The mechanical engineering department is one of the best on campus. With professors such as Terry Hart and Keith Gardiner teaching here, students are given not only the knowledge they need in the classroom, but also real world applications for life outside of the University and in their professional field.

Looking back on it, I would tell my past self to take himself less seriously. Don't try to impress colleges, embrace the ones that accept you for being you. I would tell him not to stress out about not getting into the top schools that he's always dreamed of going to because in reality how would he know where he wants to go? While everybody else was trying to make their essays sound extremely deep, he shoud be focusing on writing about his passions instead of writing about what he thought they wanted to hear. I would tell him to really enjoy all the moments he has with his friends. High school will be the last place where you can talk and make jokes in class and it will be the last place where you will recognize everybody around you. Don't take those friends for granted because next year, you won't see them on a regular basis. Just remember that they are the people that got you where you are now. Just enjoy yourself because college is just one step closer to adulthood. Get your work done, then focus on being a kid.

Lehigh attracts students nationwide with its reputation as one of the best engineering universities in the country. However, just because somebody wants to become an engineer, that doesn't mean that they belong at Lehigh. A Lehigh student needs to be able to live outside of the classroom as well as excel in a classroom setting. With so much time given outside of class, the Lehigh cirriculum caters to students who want to get involved with clubs as well as research. A Lehigh student needs to be able to take advantage of all the opportunities they have on campus.

Andrew

Our excellent Engineering program, great social life, Beating Duke

Our excellent Engineering program, great social life, Beating Duke

You'll love college, just remember to try slightly harder on those APs, because you didn't do nearly as bad on that physics one thatn you thought, and please remember to be even more outgoing than you are now.

Great social life, helps so much for the real world

Lehigh University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.