Bethlehem, PA
Lehigh University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lehigh University

Rayanna

Lehigh University is a perfectly sized school for smart, competitive students specializing in Business, Engineering and many other fields.

Lehigh University is not a liberal arts school. Students interested in Liberal Arts and majors along these lines should not attend. Lehigh is also not a school for those lacking in motivation and intelligence. It is fairly competitive, and the only way to be successful is if you work hard and stay focused throughout all of your academics.

College is such an eye-opening experience. It has been extremely valuable to me because it was an environment where I could thrive with the passions and talents I had. In high school, you are expected to be well rounded in all academics. Some talents and passions shine through these years, but none are awarded as they are in college. Throughout my years as an undergraduate, I was able to share interests in the sciences with my peers and professors. I took classes in subjects I was genuinely excited about. I learned from the best people in the field of bioengineering; men and women of various ages with doctorates and projects that improved the lives of others. It was inspiring to see these people at work. Also, I was able to practice my joy of singing with a choral conductor who is world- renowned. I had the ability to sing with students who also shared the talent, and many friendships were made that I will continue to cherish. Overall, college has opened up the opportunities for me to figure out what I love to do, and to pursue it as a career.

Jenna

Lehigh Univeristy truely embodies the work hard, play hard mentality as it is filled with motivated, talented and social individuals who together form a unified and spirited campus.

While college has taught me many things, my biggest take away is learning to be open to new experiences. Trying new things and putting yourself out there are essential to discovering what you love and ultimately want to do with the rest of your life. It is commonly said that college is, "the best four years of your life." You get to choose how you want to spend those years but to really make the most out of them requires taking some chances.

The worst part about Lehigh University are all the stairs. It's no wonder after four years of hiking up the mountain everyday Jesse Reno came up with the escalator.

I love my school a lot. I've learned so much about my major and about other people. English classes have always been difficult for me as essay writing has never been my strong point, but my essay writing skills have improved a lot this semester and my abilitiy to communicate with others has greatly increased. My English instructor, David Gagon, really helped me hone my writing skills. Next semester I'll be taking a communications class. I can't wait to see how much that helps!

Krystin

My college experience has provided me much more that just learning opprotunities. I am currently working on my second degree (Associates in American Sign Language) which will allow me to get a job interpreting to help put me through graduate school to receive my Masters in Biology (I have a B.S. in Zoology). The different types of schooling (from private high school to a Big Ten University to a community college) have really taught me how to learn at school, get everything I can out of it, still have friends and time to relax, and be able to hold down a job. Now, not only am I attending school to futher my education, I am also in the Army National Guard, which has training and schooling of it's own. While on a completely different level than public, civilian schools, the military still teaches me to be everything that I can be. If I can dream it, it will happen, as long as I do not give myself excuses and work hard.

Devin

A school built into a mountain for bright, motivated students.

A school built into a mountain for bright, motivated students.

Through my classes and trying to pay for college I've come to know that no one hands you success on a silver platter, and you have to work hard to succeed. This has been an extremely valuable lesson because I now know what it takes to make it in this world, and I now know you cannot slack off and expect people to be nice, as there are plenty of people out there who can and will do the work. I've also learned the opinions and values of people from all over the world, which will be extremely valuable throughout my remaining years in college and in life.

I brag most about our close proximity to Philadelphia and New York City.

Eve

Just the right size for a college. People know how to party and keep up their grades--The perfect balance of party and work! Bethlehem could be a little better, but people find ways to have fun on campus, and when we do go out it's a fun time. There are a few cute restaurants around, and North Side Bethlehem is great!

Pretty homogeneous, but accepting nonetheless.

Overall, Lehigh is a great school. Beautiful campus. We're like a family. I'm from far away, and I've really fallen in love with this school even though it's a lot different from my hometown.

Although the campus isn't very diverse racially, and many people do have money, not all of them are snobby brats like you would think. They care about their education and they're intelligent. I'm happy to say that I haven't met too many snobby kids around.

Work hard, play hard. Lehigh is the definition of that. The libraries will be packed come midterms and finals, and most kids work hard all semester, but they always have time to party. The professors usually know your name, which is really nice. I've had pretty good professors so far, but I did have one who pretty much didn't know how to teach. Luckily, this is a rarity.

Make and Take craft days on Fridays are the greatest. There are movies on Fridays and Saturdays at Ulrich. Other clubs sponsor movies all the time. Lots of guest speakers throughout the year. There's always something to do. Plus lots of music concerts from the school's music groups.

All white, rich, preppy, and snooby.

Denis

I have recieved some great knowledge in the automotive industry from going to college. They are showing me improve my skills on how to properly diagnose and repair diesel engines. They are also improving my knowledge on how to properly write a resume to find that better career oppurtunity. It is a great responsibility and feeling to know that your future is in your own hands. I actually control how well I do by how much effort I put into my studies. You do not have to be smart, just committed to doing your best.

christopher

college has done a lot for me particularly given me a lot of confidence i needed to try new things and help me succeed in life. i also found out that despite my fears i have a natural talent at math and teaching. i was just complememted yesterdayonthe questions i ask in regards to the way math works and my insight to how numbers work. i have more confidence in math now that i have gone back to school then i have had in most other activites i partake in. not to mention the expansions i have made in areas i just enjoy such as psychology and sociology. going back to school has been the best move i think i have made and was a positive step towards self discovery. either way i go on....

Melissa

Lehigh University offers small class sizes that allow the students to better understand the material and get to know the proffesor. Small classes make such a difference, and while many colleges start off with larger lectures and only offer small classes when you get farther into your major, there are a variety of small classes offered to freshmen. Even the lectures are not extremely big.

I wish I had a better understanding of the differerent meal plans so I could make a more informed choice. Although it was not obvious to me when preparing for college, eating properly makes a big impact on how I perform academically. Luckily, I randomly chose a meal plan that works well for me and I feel like I eat well. Some of my friend, however, chose meal plans that prevent them from eating enough and it adds extra stress to their life here.

A throbbing pain moves through my left should as I furiously click the mouse. I shift my body to the left, trying to relieve the pressure. Glancing at the clock, I notice it reads 10 pm. I blink my eyes and look again. "There is no way it's already so late," I thought. After sitting in front of the computer for three hours, I had completely lost track of time.Still, I wasn’t surprised. Ever since I declared my major as Design several weeks before, I was more motivated than ever to master Photoshop. As a first semester freshmen in a Design class for upperclassmen, I was determined to prove I belonged there.This is an experience only college could offer. While I took art classes in high school and at college-level programs before, this was different. Being surrounded by people in the studio who, like me, were dedicating four years of their life to their passion is something that cannot be replicated. College is about more than education. It’s about engulfing yourself in your studies; making your life not just about the grade, but about the experiences, the accomplishments, and learning about something you love.

Liu

As an international student attending in an American college, I must face more difficulties and challenges than most American students. Language, environment, friends, family, schoolwork etc, all these are becoming inseparable parts of my life. These are also the most valuable and unforgettable experiences in my whole life. I came to the United States alone to pursue higher education, to involve this society and world, and to challenge myself. I have to get used to English environment, I have to make new friends with people with different backgrounds, different native languages, different races, and different religions. To be honest, it is very hard for international students, especially from Asian countries, like China where I come from, Japan and Korea, to totally involve into the American college students society. I do have several good American friends, but I still can feel the distance between us. I have to do all the homework in English now, which is a huge task for me during the first several weeks. I am the only child of my family, so sometimes I really miss my parents who miss me at the same time. All these create my the rhapsody of my college life.

1. Lehigh has renowned engineering programs. If someone is interested in engineering, it's a really nice choice. 2. Lehigh also has several reputable business programs, like finance and accounting. If someone is pursuing a business related majors, it's a nice choice. 3. Lehigh is a research school, but also a party school. If someone can balance the time between study and time. It's a good choice.

This is a research school. But at the same time, it is also a party school. During the weekdays, students here study a lot, because we have a lot of homework to do. As an international studnet and a slow reader, I must push myself and spend much more time then other American students to focus on study. I think we have a great study environment in Lehigh during weekdays. But at the weekends, students always go to party to have fun.

Lehigh University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.