Billings, MT
Montana State University-Billings

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Montana State University-Billings

Sydney

I would tell myself to not miss any school. Also, try your hardest in every class and even when you feel like giving up and you feel like things have gotten to hard, don't back down, just push back that much stronger. Not everyone is going to like you and noone is going to just hand you your high school diploma on a silver platter. You have to work hard for what you want and make sure you go to college and stay in college as soon as you graduate. You are smart and wise and you have the brains and the guts to go threw all of this. Quit second guessing yourself and just do it for once. I promis you won't regret it.

Alix

If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a senior in high school I would tell myself that college is going to take a lot of time and be stressful. I would tell myself that it will all work out in the end and that even though it is stressful its also very rewarding. The transition between high school and college will not be hard but you will need to make more time for studying. Another thing I would tell myself is to keep my head and and keep up my postive attitude.

Before I came to school I wish I would have known how to apply for more grants and scholarships. I also wish I wouldve known how much time I am going to have to put into school, especially when it comes to online classes.

Someone who lacks ambition and drive would have a hard time going to school. I think it would be possible for them to still go to school though, I would never recomend anyone not go to school.

Mariah

That there is nothing to worry about or feel anxious about. That I will make many friends who care about me and will stand by me in my beliefs. That I will get to know many people with different backgrounds. Also I would tell my self to change my major to Psychology instead of art so I don't waist a half of semester. I would also tell myself to just have fun and not to worry so much about things.

Someone who wants to make friends, need to feel comfortable in their enviornment and who wants to be involved.

Someone who doesn't want to do any work or even want to go to college.

Christa

Hey, I know that you are having a hard time and want to just be done with school. Listen, I know that sometimes you just want to give up and take the easy way out, but just keep moving forward. College is so different from High-school, yeah the classes are harder and doing homework takes longer, but you will learn more about yourself in college than you probably would by just taking a year or two off to party and work. There are way too many experiences to have to miss out on if you probably don't go straight to college. It's ok if you change your mind and don't want to be a teacher, don't feel bad, go for the thing you love most. Writing. Heck, I am in my third year of college, and trust me it as gone by so fast and soon I'll be done. So, don't give up, and when you get frustrated or angry just take a deep breath and remember this. I'm you, so really in the end I should know what is best for myself? Right?

The worst thing about MSU-B is probably how crowded it can get in the halls next to the elevators and mini-lunch areas, it sort of feels like I am back in high school heading to different classes and being over-crowded.

Any kind of person could attend this school. If they want to get a degree in something that they love doing or if they don't know what they want to do yet. I don't believe that MSU-B has a specific for the kind of person to attend. As long as they can work hard and do whatever is best for them, they should be fine.

Whitney

Whitney, you need to go to college, yes, but please pick a field that is specialized and not float around not knowing what you want to do, in fact maybe consider a 2-year degree that will allow you to establish a carrer quickly so you can save for things you really want, like a house and a new car. You may think about the medical field, or teaching, even though these aren't appealing to you now they will pay in the long run.

That some college paths do not lead to a well paying carrer.

Marilyn

My school is best known for their support in helping students succeed. I would very much like to go home to the Crow Reservation and tell family/friends/students that "it was the help of the staff, instructors and fellow students who helped me succeed and become who I am today." I have the tendency to worry and because of the support of the staff, I know I wouldn't have to worry so much as I usually do.

I was a good student in high school and graduated Salutatorian, however, I didn't know the importance of obtaining a college degree until 7 years after I graduated high school. If I knew the importance of a college degree while I was still in high school, I would go back in time and tell myself to respect what my dad had told me about having a foundation in life. The foundation is a college education and it would support my life for my future. My dad didn't get his bachelors degree until he was 47 years old and he always tried telling me to get my college degree so I wouldn't have to struggle as he did. I didn't listen and now I'm struggling in my life trying to get my college degree as a divorced single mother of 4 children. If I listened to my dad back in high school, I wouldn't have to be struggling today, but that was my decision to ignore him. As my dad always said, "for every decision you make in your life...remember there will always be either a reward or a consequence." Now I believe it.

Coming from a small high school on the Crow Reservation, I had no sense of self discipline or time management. Self discipline and time management are highly needed to maintain a college life. I wanted to succeed in life, but didn't know the first step in having a successful life. I wish I knew the importance of having self discipline and knowing how to manage my time as a college student. These would have been very beneficial from the start, however, I learned the hard way and may have to pay for school on my own.

Rebecca

I was chose this school because of the softball team. I didn't really consider academics until I showed up. So I would say the fact that Montana State University Billings has such a strong populations of athletes was what was unique for me.

I would go back and tell myself that softball isn't going to be life. Pick a school that has stellar academic opportunities. Also, I would tell myself not to settle with the first university that contacted me. I would tell myself to be patient and know that God will bring to the table where you are supposed to be and what will be best for you. Also, explore your options, there are so many universities out there with sport programs, but not all of them exceed in academics. Academics are what is important because that is what will shape the rest of your life. Softball would be only a benefit. The last thing I would tell myself to be sure to never change from the person you are, even though events and circumstances in life mold you into who you are going to be in the future, never lose your spirit to live and love the way you do. You cannot control what happens in your life, you can only control the way you handle it.

Montana State Universtiy Billings is a warming school with friendly people and supportive staff, and though it is not a cut-throat university the professors care about your learning and challenging you to preform the best you can.

Martin

Montana State University Billings is so much more affordable than any other college I was considering. In todays economy every penny counts and I believe a college student doesn't have to pay $50,000 to get a good education, I believe in you get out what you put in (in terms of knowledge not money). The city of Billings is so unique because of how friendly everyone is. I can't imagine a safer, friendlier place.

I would first start by warning myself of bad influences. As much as you want to help others, make sure you help yourself first and then help others. I would require myself to pay for my first semester of college so I could understand money and learn the art of budgeting, and to realize that finacial aid is NOT FREE! I would tell myself not to sweat the small stuff and whatever happens stay positive and never stop moving forward.

Someone who is a hard worker, one that doesn't complain about having too much work or not enough time. Someone who isn't only dedicated to their education but dedicated to the town and their friends.

Ainsley

If I could go back in time to 2009 and give myself advise, it would be hard to know where to start. The biggest piece of advise I would probably give myself is to learn how to study and get help when it is needed. I never needed to study in high school, I was one of the kids that breezed through just by listening in class. When I got to college, breezing through was not an option. I really struggled my first two years of college, I feel behind fast in classes when I could not figure out or understand the material right away. This last year, I developed some good study habbits, and I began to really succeed in my classes. I learned how to read for comprehension, outline, take good notes, and that it was okay to ask questions when I was confused. I learned that when it comes to getting a degree that will help you be a productive member of society, there are no stupid questions to ask.

I think the best thing about MSUB are the professors. In my one year attending the college, I transferred from a larger school, I got to know each one of my professors. They make themselves very available to the students for help, whether it be before or after class, or during their office hours. The professors will help find other students to help you if you are struggling in the class or need a study group, and they are also willing to give you outside resources to assist you with your studies.

Montana State University-Billings is a great school for anyone who is looking to live in a city but still wants the smaller college feel. There are great opportunities to get to know professors and to enrole in courses with small class size. They are very willing to find classes that work around your home life or work, because at MSUB they are very interested in your success.

Kelsey

Small, yet big enough to meet someone new every day.

Small, yet big enough to meet someone new every day.

Dear Kelsey, College is just right around the corner. You have put in long hours of studying and applying for scholarships. You were outgoing in high school, which was one of your best qualities. If you stick with that you will be just fine. Also, if you stick to your studies, manage your time, and work hard, you will achieve everything you have wanted.

I brag about how the teachers are willing to help you out in all your acedemic needs.

Montana State University-Billings administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.