Mount Mary University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Mount Mary University

Zoua

This school has a few perks. It feels safe, class sizes are not too big, and many professors are very understanding. These perks make Mount Mary University's education great, especially in an all girls university. Despite how great many of the students and professors may be, there are some faculty members who do not seem supportive or seem lazy. On top of that, club organizations, entertainment, campus food, and on-campus housing could be SO much better than it is now.

Ninoshka

Mount Mary is small school and the class size is really small sometimes. There's a lot of resources and advisors will always be there to help in any situation were in. Professors are always willing to help out when we have any questions and won't say no for an answer. Everybody in the campus are always willing to help and theres always a lot of activities on campus. We get to know each other better since it's a small school and always friendly people in campus. There is also free tutoring available for every student and will help us in anything that we didn't really understand well. Its a great school and theres always scholarship available.

Catey

Mount Mary is a great place for someone who loves a small, intimate community, and is very inclusive of everyone, no matter what. There is one greek house on campus, but there are plenty of on and off campus housing. The campus has plenty of clubs and sports to join.

Robin

I don't think I could find another school with the level of individual investment Mount Mary gives to its students. Here I feel important and valued among my teachers and my peers, and I am encouraged to seek their guidance should I need it. On top of this, everything I could possibly need is within walking or biking distance; from academic help with to groceries, as well as fun activities between classes. Despite the cost of a private school, I couldn't ask for a better campus to get my education in.

Victoria

Overall my opinion of Mount Mary University is great, yet it is not perfect. Although there is a lot of attention from professors and staff there is also a large gap of having students be involved. It seems to me most activities are aimed for students that live on campus or don't have a job while in school.

Tonisha

I will be attending Mount Mary in the fall of 2019. I have been on campus numerous of times for events they have hosted for the nursing program etc. I love the good energy, and environment of the school. Faculty and students are really welcoming and nice. It's like everyone is there to help you achieve your goals. The school gets five stars!

Ninoshka

I love Mount Mary and theres always advisors and professors willing to help throughout our journey in college. They are always willing to listen and not judge you because they being to college as well. Theres always activities around campus and everybody in the campus are welcome to join and have fun with everybody. A lot of great resources and small classes and great professors. You wont ever feel alone because theres always somebody you can talk to and its a small college.

khadija

Mount Mary University has an amazing community of students who are generally liberal in their views. Most students are very driven and motivated to succeed in their chosen field. Campus departments have mini study areas called student success center where students who have questions about assignments and course material can come and ask older students or find peers who can help them. Teachers challenge students with assignments that make them think. This school provides an amazing education. Mount Mary's attracts outstanding faculty, encouraging them to create programs that draw the best students, having students learn from faculty who are leaders in their fields, and shaping an intellectually rich environment for faculty and students both inside and outside the classroom.

Patricia

My overall opinion about Mount Mary University is that I am happy I transferred to this university. I was a little afraid to go to an all-girls but the experience is AMAZING. Everyone is so positive and welcoming. There's no sense of competition only encouragements. The professors care about your education and make sure you know you can always come to them whenever. The grading scales are a bit intimidating. 90 percent is considered a 'B'. I get through the intimidation by pushing myself to keep my grades as close to an 'A' as possible. The campus is BEAUTIFUL. You can see the beauty of the 100-year-old building through the details in the ceiling, walls, doors, and the engrave words on the outer walls.

Gabriella

I absolutely love Mount Mary University. The community they have built and the environment is very welcoming. The food and housing here are one of the best I've ever seen. There's on campus security that will walk you to your car late at night to ensure your safety. Although the athletics aren't very competitive, the coaches are very kind and caring for each individual. Overall, this University is great and I would recommend it.

Gabriella

I love Mount Mary. They are very friendly and helpful there. Whenever I need help, I am able to get it right away including after hours and weekends. At Mount Mary they care about you and your needs; they seem to always put you first before anything. I would highly recommend this University to any woman that is interested in girl power!

Glorivee

The campus itself is beautiful and very peaceful. Everyone is just extremely nice and great to talk to. I'm not a social person, but it seems that everyone else on campus is, which would make anyone feel welcomed. There is nothing that I could possibly complain about. Everything is great!

Erin

If you are looking for a college that has a max of 20 students in a class, available professors to get help from, and free resources like tutor sessions and career help, Mount Mary college is the place to go. It is very small, quiet, and peaceful throughout the campus. The faculty is determined to make sure you have access to all the help you need whether if it is class work, career development, or life in general. The most popular and best extracurricular activity is Bingo that happens about once a month with awesome prizes. There are other activities, but you have to be on the lookout for them, or you will miss the good ones like a trip to Bayshore Mall or a movie theater. We have sports, but there is not a lot of talk about them. Although I do not live on campus, I have heard that the quality of residence at Mount Mary does not fit price of room and board. The food at Mount Mary is pretty good to me (Note: I mostly eat anything); however, I have heard that some students think the food available is not that healthy. There are other places to get food, especially healthy food, just not buffet-style. Overall, it is an amazing college!

Rosa

I love it. The aura that I get from being there is very comforting and it makes me feel safe. It is a campus that just does not make me want to leave. The professors and staff are all very friendly and also the students. Anyone you walk by in the halls, they just give you a warm welcoming smile. After being here for a semester, I really am able to see just how comfortable I have gotten since a tour I had during my senior year in high school. Every resource you could think of that you might need is right here on campus, if there isn't, there is someone who could and would definitely help you find it. I really appreciate everything that was given to me by being here on campus and choosing to be a student at Mount Mary.

Keajia

I enjoy attending the university, however I feel like the students should have more activites to engage in and become aquatinted with one another. It’s March, I moved in in August & still don’t have any friends. In the other departments, they are doing just fine.

Kendra

Overall a diverse college that is full of people willing to learn and professors that are willing to help. As a current student I feel the willingness to learn not just in the classrooms but in the library and even the hallways. I love the idea of women supporting women and i see that in Mount Mary.