Natchitoches, LA
Northwestern State University of Louisiana

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwestern State University of Louisiana

I have gotten very important skills out of my college experience. Before I started college here, I use to be extremely shy and not say a word to anyone. However, during my time here I have overcome my fear of speaking and interacting with other people. College has taught me the importance of talking to other people. For example, if you need directions with how to get somewhere, you need to ask someone. Also, if you need help in class with an assignment, then you need to be social enough to ask a classmate or the professor. In addition to that, you also need to talk to other students around campus so you can make some friends in order to avoid the feeling of loneliness. It has been extremely valuable for me to attend this college because now I know not to be afraid to talk to other people. Now I am not afraid to make new friends or just talk to complete strangers if it will helpful to me.

What i consider to be the worst thing about my school is that they require you to live on campus for the whole first year. It really isn't that conveinent because it is extremely costly, and in many situations you have to live with a room mate, which tends to get annoying. That is what i would consider the worst thing about this school.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is racist white people. The reason why racist people should not attend this school is because there are a great number of african americans that attend school here. Over half the population of the school are blacks. So if you are racist, i would advise you to go to another school.

Jeremy

My college career started out rough, because I was at the wrong university. After a year, I transferred to Northwestern State University, and thats where my college career began. I was instantly treated on a personal basis by all of my professors, and it felt weird for them to care about my success. I am now about to graduate, and throughout these last 3.5 years, I have learned that being in the right college is the most important factor. This university is vey "hands on" and it makes the learning experience so much more interesting and fun. I have also had the opportunity of doing an internship that paralleled my studies. The intern position gave me valuable insight to how companies take individuals, and put them together as a single team. I also was able to see the type of career that I would be able to have after my graduation. Hard work, honesty, and a hands on learning experience can take you a long way, and really help making the learning process fun.

Someone that wants a good hands on learning experience that prefers smaller classroom settings, and professors that know you on a personal basis. If you are looking for a larger school where you are just a number to your professors, and they don't care about your success, this university is not for you.

I brag about the learning experience and the way the professors care about their students. The learning experience is very "hands on", and include trips to surrounding business facilities in order to grasp real world situations.

Tyesha

What is so different and unique about Northwwestern is the different aspestc of history it brings to the community. The school itself was established on traditions. There is even a legend of a ghost of a French maiden that resides. Her name is Isabella and legend says eventhoug hshe had several suitors her favorite was intended to marry her but days before the wedding he was in a duel to the death over another woman. Heartbroken she joined a nunery that is now a building on campus , unfortunately she committed suicide and still resides in a building to this day.

The experience I've gotten out of college is just like everyone elses; friends and new understanding and independence. Its valuable to me because I can say once I leave i'll be able to say that I can look back and say that I learn more about myself than I did if I didn't try college

The best thing about this school is the fact that every gets invovled. Whether its in sports , supporting each other in different factors. It's a warming and inspiring place that encourages everyone to follow and stand out and leave their mark in the school.

Tia

my school is best known for the nursing program

my school is best known for the nursing program

What i have gotten out of my experience so far in college is the most dramtic change from high school. College has help me realize that anything i could put my mind to i can do and failure is not a option. I've learn that studying actually does work and it helps you so much more than rushing over your notes before your test. I also learned to manage my time better and responsibilties such as instead of going to the best party of the year and studying instead. So far my college experience has taught me alot about the future of the real world and i look foward to more lessons learn while attending college.

The small setting, because it gives you more one on one with your teachers

Manette

Northwerstern is a mid-size school, that has a beautiful campus.

Northwerstern is a mid-size school, that has a beautiful campus.

My classmates were usually an athlete or in a frat/sority. More generally they were small town people.

Out of my college experience, I have learned the value of friendship, hard work, and time management. I give most credit to playing Division I soccer here at Northwestern. Friends come and go throughout your life, but having friends that have gone through the same things you are having to do, can create a lasting relationship. These friends go thoguh dealing with school on the road, drama with teammates, and stresses of life. They have been there like your family away from home. I have learned to not give up when something gets tough, you simply have to keep going and try again only giving everyting you do nothing less than 100%. Having played soccer at this high level, you must stay on top of your academics and have a good communication with teachers. This is all about timemanagement, juggling soccer, school, and social life. I have found that through my experience at Northwestern State; friendship, hard work and time magagement have made the biggest impact on my life.

kelsy

The unique thing about Northwestern is that is is quite. Alot of colleges in my area are busy,theres always something going on, but at Northwestern there is not alot to be busy about. We have a lake on campus that is a great study spot. But another unique thing would be the traditions that natchitoches people and northwestern students keep. How things that happened centuries ago are retaught each year to students to learn about there campus and how alot of stories about the campus are still used as ties between the students and alumni.

Many people would tell themselves to work harder on your grades or I need to do better on my ACT or PSAT. But if I could back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to come out of my shell. I have learned that meeting people while you are in college is very important . I wish I would have know this sooner because I would have appreciated the oppurtunity to talk to people and become a leader and participate in campus activies . All this to me now is time I missed out on when I could have been networking with people creating ties to people who I will be able to go back to whenI need something. being who you are is great aslong as someone else knows you,and nobody knew who i was in high school but now that I have learned to step up and speak I have networked with people I thought would never talk to me. Friends that I know will be around throughout the rest of my career.

The best thing about my school is greek life. Northwestern State University's organizations like Student activity's board and Student Government Association ,depend on sororities and fraternities for campus participation with every event that goes on. All greek on campus have been trained into being the entertainment for almost EVERY activity that goes on. If greek will not be present students will not be present. So that make these young women and men very imortant to the campus. They have learned how to conduct themselves in and out of letters and have constanlty been role models to the campus.

Bonnie

Northwestern State University is the perfect choice for college. The campus is not that big, and the teachers have more one on one time with the students than most of the other colleges. The professors are able to get to know their students. Northwestern State University offers sveral different degrees. Everybody can find something they want to do.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself not to stress about the little things in life. I would tell myself to do better my freshman year, and not to slack off. Slacking off one year is going to bring your GPA down, and it will be very difficult to bring it up. I would tell myself to save as much money as I can, and to apply for every scholarship that I could because every little bit of money helps. School is not cheap, and focusing on education is the best policy.

The most frustrating thing about Northwestern State University is how there aren't a lot of job opportunites around because of all of the college students, and because it is a small town.

Devon

My classmates are a easygoing bunch with great attitutes and wonderful personalities.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life I would tell myself that you would need to be aware of all of your financial aid options. That contrary to what you have heard so far about college life from friends, it is not a joke and all about having a good time. Studying would need to be your top priority and you will have to be careful of who you befriend. Friends have alot of influence on you and it would be for the best if knew how to say no when they could encourage you to forego your work to have fun. I would also tell myself that being on time for classes and for test days is very important because some teachers will not let you in if late. And that college can be a great place and bad place at the same time, it can be your best or worst experience, it will be whatever you choose to make it. Just to remember that its still school and is one the most important stepping stones in your future.

Befroe i arrived at this school i wish that i had known more anout the weather conditions of the town and how they change so quickly. The weather is constantly changing and if not careful you could become sick very quickly.

Siji

I would tell myself to try as hard as I can to get many scholarships because paying for college is a heavy burden especially if you do not know where you are going to get the money to do so. I would tell my self to do the best that I can on my ACT so that I can have someone pay for my schooling. I would tell myself what I tell myself now and that is to never give up because blessings will always come my way!

Someone who is a city person should not attend this school because there is not much to do here and the school is located in a very rural environment.

La

Northwestern State University is exciting, open and a good college for those who do not like crowed universities.

Northwestern State was the first college I considered, but after browsing I did find others. The one unique quality I found the most interesting was the emphasis on sports at this college.

If I were to go back in time with the knowledge I have gained from the one and half years at Northwestern State University, I would simply advise myself to take more classes, step out of my comfort zone and try alot harder to make a 4.0 gpa.

Northwestern State University of Louisiana administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.