Forest Grove, OR
Pacific University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pacific University

Jayson

Pacific is best known for such a great student body and faculty. Everyone has, I guess you could say, adapted to the Aloha spirit Hawaii people bring to this school. The teachers are awesome and the staff is great. This year was the second year having a football team after twenty plus years of not having one. Seeing the great support this school had from its students, teachers and town was an indescribable feeling. When you walk on to Pacific you will definitely not be ignored but will be welcomed with a hello.

Advice I would give myself is to not be scared and to believe in yourself that you can compete academically with others even though you received an education from Hawaii. So many people doubt student from Hawaii because of our low education scores and it effects us. I'm one of many who are in college to prove them wrong. I am prideful and wont let anyone take it away from me. I would also tell myself to get them study habits instilled in you because once your in college the library is your new home. Going from my school to a great University such as this was a shock at first, but slowly I figured it out. It's not the fact of wanting to succeed in the classroom, it's making right choices to succeed. With such great people around me I find myself among others focusing on school. One more thing I would tell myself is to never give up. There are times in classes when I feel dumb, and I beat myself up about it. There is so much help on campus from other students and teachers who want nothing but for you to be successful.

Being that I am from Hawaii, it was definitely hard for me to adapt to such a new environment and a broad range of people. Pacific however has over 25% of its enrollment being student from Hawaii. It made it easier for me to adapt with such great people around me. This is my third college I am attending in the last three years and it is where I want to stay as long as I can afford it and not because such stress on my parents. Everyone at Pacific University is friendly and teachers too. I love it here.

Emalee

Pacific University offers many students opportunities that will open many doors for their future.

Pacific University is a friendly school. Everyone including the professors, students, and faculty are nice and friendly. This school offered Dental Hygiene which I am interested in pursuing a career in some day.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the advice I would give myself is to use my time more wisely. Time management is important because it helps to stay on track with much school work and it also helps to stay on task. Before having any leisure time, finishing school work first is a first priority. The sooner you finish your school work, the sooner and longer time to have free time. All in all, enjoy high school, make new friends, and never doubt in yourself. Always do your best and strive for the highest.

Kathleen

Pacific University is a small town college with amazing professors who work to help you achieve your goals.

I would tell my high school self to look at careers in physical therapy. I would still tell me to go to the local community college, but get the math and sciences done which I am lacking right now. I would tell myself to talk to a teacher at the high school about physical therapy because he is the local therapist for the area.

I do not consider anything to be the worst. Class sizes are just right. It is located in a quiet town with a small campus.

Evangeline

Pacific University is my home, I feel so comfortable in being myself and not second guessing what others will think of me, that I have become what I hope to be the best version of my self.

All I can say is make sure you have a blance right off the bat. College offers so many windows of opportunity and making sure you are blanced is the key. Get involved, but don't try to get too involved that you let your studies fall throw the cracks. Have fun, but remember why you went to college in the first place: yes to have fun, but also to learn. And your professors have so much to teach you, you don't want to miss it.

The best thing about Pacific is the atmospher. It has a very welcoming community feeling. Teachers know their students because it is a small Liberal Arts school. Coming from the Illinois, everything is done in a fast pace mannor, and here in Forest Grove, everything is relaxed and I feel at ease for the first time in my life. Things still get done, but it's done so enjoyably.

Matthew

Can one be intimidated, frightened and excited all at the same time? Taking Calculus and Chemistry and carrying eighteen credits the first semester is intimidating. Making new friends is frightening. Learning new things like turning on the washing machine, buying my own deoderant, and making Hawaiian fried rice for my new friends is exciting. But, Calculus, friends, and fried rice aside, I have been intimidated, frightened and excited by one word: wisdom. My mom always tells me to "choose my major wisely," "choose your friends wisely," and "be wise with your actions." I didn't know what she meant until now. Making decisions that I am not used to is intimidating and frightening. But, making wise decisions are exciting. Nothwithstanding the ten pounds (of pure muscle!) I'm carrying around, I feel I have gained some wisdom. I feel a bit more mature. I am learning how to make my own decisions and more importantly, own them. I am more grateful, satisfied, determined, and at ease. What have I gotten out of my college experience? Wisdom! Why is it valuable? Because if applied to every area of my life, life is not as intimidating or frightening, but rather exciting!

The large Hawaii student populatiion. Being around a large group of Hawaii students takes the edge off the homesickness. The students, Hawaiian and non-Hawaiian, are friendly.

The weather during the fall and winter can be a downer. The sun goes down at 4:30 PM and I wish I had experienced it before coming because it took me a while to get used to it. This exxagerated my feelings of homesickness.

Rosario

Staff know you by name and are always willing to help a student. The campus is small there are only 3,000 students so you're bound to get to know the people around you preety well. Every floor has a theme for the fall semester we had a Nemo theme and people on that wing had a character from Nemo and below that it had the student's name. Our RA will ask how we're doing when she bumps into us, it's little details like that that makes you feel like people care about the students here.

Through my first year of college I've gained confidence in my art ability. I came to college with the single goal of one day becoming an animator. I only had the doodles in my notebooks, one beginning art class in high school and 2 years of art club to serve as my art background. During the fall semester I took an art class. It was nothing how I expected. It was a beginning art class but everyone in there was already a pro to my surprise only one of my classmates actually said he was planning to major in art. The art class was intense we did multiple quick sketches of a model. Then later in the class we moved into longer 30 minute poses. Even thought the class was tough, the teacher helped a lot. He gave pointers to all of his fifteen students. He didn't care that not everyone was going to pursue art he gave equal input. Being a small class size I was able to get the help that I needed when I wasn't sure where I should be focusing on detail. My college experience has helped me grow as an artist.

A student who is willing to study hard and open up to people and new experiences. I remember how one staff member was always telling us to take advantage of the library. The resources are here you just need to use them. Although, most of the people I ask here are planning to major in exercise science there are plenty of other majors like media arts, history and world language. There is also a graduate program for those going into optometry, pharmacy and education. Anyone who is interested in these career options should consider Pacific University.

Cristiana

Pacific University is a student-centered academic private university that encourages and supports personal interests by providing opportunities to learn from and work with highly qualified professionals in all conventional and even unconventional areas of interest where novelties are strongly welcomed.

My college experience has allowed me to have access to various industries and profesisonals within them, and nurture a passion I realized while volunteering through various club activities. Originally, I thought I would return to school, get a degree quickly, and get a stable M-F, 9-5 job. However, during the first week on campus, I looked at all the clubs and organizations I could potentially get involved with, that required little responsibility and joined a sorority, an academic club, and a social club. Little did I know that my volunteered involvement would change the way that I see the world around me and how I can be effective. Within one year, I became more familiar with people, developing my people skills in leadership and management, received nominations, and won positions in each club I spent time in, and mentor new transfer students. I am actively pursuing student body involvement within the school and have grown interest in getting involved with local government. I feel more confident about how to access my resources for issues revolving my career choice and have developed a vocabulary that bridges different departments at the school and the work industry.

Pacific University has small student to faculty ratio which means that you get personal attention from faculty. You get to know each other on first name basis, and you see each other outside of just the classroom. Faculty members support students in all aspects, not just their academic interests. Many students are strongly encouraged to get involved with the community. The university has a strong connection with the city and it is mutually beneficial for both the local community and the academic community. Students have opportunity to do grad level research with faculty and present their work at conferences!

Kaitlyn

Hardworking, lively, funloving individuals.

Hardworking, lively, funloving individuals.

Attending Pacific University has changed me. Going to college has changed how I think about myself and the world. I've learened so much from each and every one of my professors--things that not only apply to my major, but how I view the world and how I think. Sure it's hard to pay for school, but I don't think you can put a price on an amazing education. Pacific is more than just a school. Pacific University teaches its students new ways to view the world and ideas, and to question everything. I think its been so valuable to me because going to college has helped me become a stronger individual. I've gottent the world out of my college experience.

All the activities. There's always so much to do. And we also have amazing classes. The professors are interesting and teach a wide range of ideas and concepts.

sarah

My classmates are diverse and all seem very determined to get to where they want to be. Everyone here worked hard to get here, and is working hard to stay here and do the best that they can here.

From my college experience I have began to identify even more what my passion is. I have been able to take classes that are teaching me exactly the things that I need to know to get to where I want to be someday in my career. It has been valuable for me because I am exploring the different areas in which I could take my career; I am finding a sense of individuality and independence that I couldn't have gotten anywhere else.

I wish I would have known how popular and common it was to take college courses through community college before I came here, because I probably would have been more likely to take some of my own while I was in high school.

Pacific University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.