Plymouth, NH
Plymouth State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Plymouth State University

morgan

They are all extremely engaged in their school work and social life.

They are all extremely engaged in their school work and social life.

it is know for physical education and its professional sales program. I am currently a sports management major and then getting an minor in professional sales. we are also known for our alpine team and snowboarding team

I would tell myself not to make applying to schools so stressful. Only apply schools that you could actually see yourself attending. Then when you find out what schools you are accepted to visit each school, and on the way home from the school write down allthe pros and cons about it. Then after you have visited all the schools and are going to make your decision on where to go you have an accurate list of pros and cons and not just trying to make them up on the spot. You will then know which school is the best fit for you.

Florencia

When I was in High School I didn't even want to go to college, I had just applied to make my parents happy. If I could tell myself something back then I would say, definitly attend college. It is an amazing experience and it feels good to feel independent and live on your own. I have met so many people and learned so much about myself that I wouldn't take it back for anything. I would say to have for faith in myself and believe that I am just as capable of attending and graduating college as anyone else. Lastly, I would say that if I want something I can achieve it with hard work and motivation.

There really isn't many bad things that I would have to say about the University itself. The location of Plymouth is kind of inconvinient because of the scarce accesibility to big shopping malls. The closest big shopping area is in Tilton, which is 20 minutes away. This doesn't bother a lot of people but girls that love to shop may struggle with this.

There isn't a "kind" of person that should attend this University. It is a University for all types of people. People from all over the world go here along with people with all different kinds of interests. Some students go here because they love the mountain that surround our school and others go here because they like the feel of the campus and town being intertwined. Everyone should consider going here because it is an awesome school that accepts everyone for who they are.

Olivia

If I could go back to being a high school senior the greatest advice I could give myself was the take every single shift at work I could possibly fit into my schedule. Save every penny possibly becasue college is not cheap and it not having any money is not fun. Also, make sure to put away time as a senior in highschool to get school work done. College life is a huge change and it is extremely easy to get caught up in the moment. Its important for your mental health and academics to stay alert and aware of what is due and when deadlines are.

The best thing about my school is the atmosphere. Everyone, including students, employees and, professors are hands down, the friendliest people i've ever met in my life. Coming from a town near Boston MA, Plymouth NH is a much friendlier and accepting place to be and to thrive as a student. The view is breathtaking and woulnd't change it for the world.

Kristina

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would give myself a lot of advice. One thing I would tell myself is that I do not need to worry so much about what I am going to do for a career. A lot of people still do not know what they are doing with thier life. I would also assure myself that college is not scary. When I was in high school, I was scared to death to start college. I did not know what to expect and I knew it would be different from what I was used to. Then I realized that it is just another phase in my life and the transition was very smooth. The last thing I would say to myself would be to go out and make friends. I did not really do that and I reallly wish I did. I just stuck around with the people I already knew instead of meeting new people.

I consider the best thing about my school to be the amount of activities that are available. There are so many clubs to join and there is always something going on. There is an outdoors club where you could go on hikes, ski, surf, white water raft, ect...there is a community survice club with never ending volunteer opportunities, and many others.

I love Plymouth State University. The only thing that I could say is frustrating is the distance away from my home. When I want to drive home and back, it is an hour and a half drive each way and that gets kind of annoying sometimes if I need to go home for some reason.

Jaseya

Dear Jaseya, stop stressing about college because though it is supposed to be a challenge, it is also a phase in life, where one should enjoy their education without unneccessary stress. Yes, I know that most of your life, teachers and other people have created an image of college to be a place that belongs to students with a amazing grades, but it is for everyone. You see, I learned that some of the most famous people became famous for their words, stories, decisions, and efforts, not their grades in high school or college. My advice to you is to quit worrying about the college that you will attend, but start to care about different ways to increase your universal vision, your bank account, your mind/ideas, and social web of people with similiar interests, friends, and more. In the end, a good grade may get you a scholarship, but being a creative, intellectual, and diverse human being will give you more than one scholarship for being more than an average student.

The best part about Plymouth State University is the cafeteria and janitorial workers because in my opinion, they are the kindest and most understanding at the university. Every day, the cafeteria staff has a smile on their face, whether genuine or forced, I always feel welcomed and comfortable, almost like being at home. The janitorial staff can be described in one way and one way only, amazing; not because they clean after everyone, because they create casual conversation; they listen to your truth and learn, as you do the same. My college experience has been enriched because of these people.

Before coming to my university, I wish I knew more about the community service committee. In high school and actually most of my life, I have had a large concern and need to give back to my community, as well as other communities in the lakes region area. Now that I am in college, studying and trying to build myself in different ways, I feel that it is difficult to find service projects in the college area. Maybe, if I had known more about the community service club, I could be doing more to help others in my community.

Plymouth State has something for everyone!

Plymouth State has something for everyone!

Everyone is unique and brings something new and interesting to the learning experience.

Stop worrying so much! You are going to be fine and everything will be better than you think! College is scary at first but after the first couple of days you will be having so much fun that you'll feel stupid for worrying so much. Unlike what you may have heard from your current teachers the teachers that you have in college (or at least the five you have in your first semester) are there and willing to help you! Don't be scared to meet new people! In just the first three weeks you will have friends that you eat with and hang out with everyday. Your roommate is awesome and you get along really well! Do your laundry in the middle of the day. You will never get used to the bathrooms. Ever. You just have to deal with them. Do your research when getting textbooks or else you will go broke before you even get to school. It will be hard saying saying goodbye to your parents when they take you to school the first day but you have an amazing support system behind you and you will be fine.

Rebecca

First off, make sure you save all of that money that you're going to make that summer in between Senior year of high school and Freshman year of college, you're certainly going to need it (you won't be able to guess how much your books are going to cost)! Second, lose your procrastination habbit, the sooner you get your work done the less stressed you're going to be, and that'll make everyone better off. Keep up the organization skills, because unlike high school, those late assignments don't mean squat to your professors after the due date. Next, be sure you actually pay attention in class, because playing sudoku in the back of class isn't going to cut it (most of the time). And finally, make sure to schedule some "you-time", watch your favorite movie, or hang out with friends and family; with all of the things you have going on a little relaxation now and then is just what the doctor ordered!

Logan

Describing my school in one setence would be difficult to do but is accomplished by saying competively academic!

I would give myself some precious advice to learn how to use time management to my advantage. Time management is a skill that I feel all college students need to have developed. The best base for this skill is obtained by being able to learn to juggle your class schedule, homework, social life, sports, and job responsibilities. I remember listening to the Governor of New Hampshire giving the high school athletes a speech on how their busy lives would be beneficial to their transition into college life. The reason for this was the skill of attending long practices, a busy game schedule, and having to maintain an academic standing in school. At the time I remember relating to what this intelligent well versed man was saying. And indeed, my transition into college indeed was enhanced by the time management skills that I had obtained. Never put off today to do tomorrow.

I think one of the best advantages I found at Plymouth State University is the ease at which I was able to transfer into the Criminal Justice Program as a junior student. When I had applied to the University, I had already completed my Associates Degree in Criminal Justice. My advisor looked at my credits I had already completed and I was able to transfer 63 of them. My advisor also looked at my completed courses and made a schedule of the remaining course I would need to complete my curriculum. With this completed, I will graduate on time.

Emma

If I had the option to go back in time, I would go back to senior year. I would tell myself that everything is going to be okay. That it doesn’t matter if you didn’t get into your top school. It doesn’t matter where you go or whom you end up with. College is all about what you make of it. I would tell myself that I should keep my chin up. University of New Hampshire was your goal and where you really wanted to go, but it didn’t happen. I would tell myself that it was all for the best. Plymouth State University has offered me so much more then UNH could have ever given me. I would remind myself that I am an strong, outgoing, unique individual and that the transition from high school to college will be fine if I remain true to who I am. I would also give this advice to other high school seniors. That it doesn’t matter if you go to Harvard or community college. College is all about what you make of it. So make it something worth your wild.

One of the best things about PSU is the location and its surroundings. We are located right in the middle of the mountains with such a wonderful view from every building your in. We are also located only twenty minutes away from several major skiing and snowboarding mountains such as Loon and Waterville Valley. Having these moutains so close to campus is a great stress reliever for many students here. There is also fun to be had in the warmer season with a river running right through campus. Floating down the Pemi is a must before you graduate!

The right kind of person to attend Plymouth State is someone who enjoys small sized classrooms. I myself excel further in classrooms where I can have a closer relationship with my teachers. In bigger schools it is harder for students to find this connection with faculty. At PSU your teachers will be willing to do whatever it takes for you to have the best possible classroom experience. Someone who is looking to attend PSU should be a student who enjoys these one on one setting with his or her teachers.

Mariah

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there are many things that I would tell myself. Having a more unique situation that a majority of college freshman, I have chosen to transfer schools in between the first and second semester. I would tell myself that I will chose to transfer and to no have to go through the struggle. It is more worthwhile at my new University because it has a better program for my major. I would also tell my high school self that scholarships truly are important. Scholarships are what are making it possible for me to attend college. As a senior, I was told countless times that "scholarships are so important," but I never really listened. After going through a semester of school, I have really seen what a difference just that $750 scholarship made. The scholarships that I did receive helped me and my parents tremendously in being able to afford my post-secondary education. I now understand the importance of applying for scholarships and I wish I had known that as a high school senior.

I belive that the best thing about attending Plymouth State University is the wide variety of activities and clubs there are to participate in. There is a wide variety to chose from and everyone can find a place that they fit in. Going along with this, there are also many events that is put on by the University or groups within the school throughout the year. This gives the students a chance to interact with more people that they wouldn't get a chance to otherwise. I think the clubs and events make the college community closer.

Plymouth State University is a school that is on the smaller side. I would say that a type of person who wants a large community should not attend Plymouth State. It is a community where everyone, for the most part, knows each other and what is going on with specific people. If it is not important to you to be connected with a majority of the students that you attend school with, Plymouth State University would not be the school for you to chose. It is also located in a very small town, not leaving many things to do.

Plymouth State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.