Davenport, IA
Saint Ambrose University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Ambrose University

Shelby

Saint Ambrose University is a small private college in Davenport, Iowa that has a faculty that is willing to help the student all while keeping the atmosphere a friendly and inviting atmosphere.

The advice I would give myself if to keep going no matter how rough things can get. I would tell myself that I need to buckle down in my school work because I am not going to get by in my classes without studying like I am use to. The people that I have in met in high school will eventually change but the ones that mean the most to me will always be there in the end. I would tell myself to keep my options open and to expect to meet some crazy people that will forever change my life. Times are going to get more stressful then before but I need to stay organized and ask for help even if I feel like Im going to be a bother to someone else. My last piece of advice to myself is that now is the time to open new opportunities and to take it and run with it. I am going to be a new person and it starts today!

Cody

When a person is a senior in high school, older people with more life experience will tell him to “enjoy this last year.” However, the senior year of high school is also a transition into major changes that will take place in the student’s life. The advice that I would give myself as a senior would be to pursue my academic passions with persistence and intensity. I would tell myself to perform all of my responsibilities with excellence. Sometimes it is easy to allow yourself to do enough work to get the job done. Having this type of work ethic will not prepare a person to succeed and excel. College is not a place for procrastination, but rather a place for preparation and study. It is also a place where a person can experience many types of activities, clubs and organizations. It is important to participate in activities which fit a person’s talents and personality. The experiences gained from both academics and extracurricular activities will prepare the student for his future. Whatever the student pursues, he should be a diligent worker who takes his schooling seriously. Anyone can succeed in college if he has passion, diligence and discipline.

Kirsten

I would say that St. Ambrose University is best known for its Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy programs. I have a lot of friends who are attending for one of those two majors and I know that the program is kind of hard to get into, but it is a great program. I would also say our business department is pretty strong too. We have many people dedicated to helping make Business majors well-rounded people to help them stand out in the job market.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to stop fretting over my grades so much and worry more about the skills I am learning. At my high school I didn't have to work very hard to get straight A's, but I find it harder to get good grades on tests in college. College is not supposed to be easy, but my problem was when it became time to take the tests, I didn't know how to study. In college professors don't always hand you notes or tell you what is on the test. Most professors will just lecture at you. In high school as well as college, I suggest not taking classes to get an easy A, but take harder classes that you will take more from. Explore different study methods to discover how you learn best. Don't fret over your grades as much as asking yourself what can I take away from a class that will better prepare me for my future career or even skills needed for life in the future like time management, problem solving and budgeting.

I think people that are motivated to succeed and like to be involved should attend St. Ambrose University. There are a lot of great ways to get involved for all types of interests and the liberal arts aspect of St. Ambrose helps prepare students for the work force. If you are the type of person who would really like to succeed, St. Ambrose has many tools that can help like mock interviews and a well-rounded education program. There are also a lot of fun activities provided by groups on campus to cut some of the stress of college.

Meghan

I would advise myself to open up to people and try new things. You never know if you like something unless you try it and you wont make life long friendships with out shaking a hand and saying hello. These have been two of the biggest things that I have learned in college this far and without pushing myself, I would never have got to the place that I am today.

A person who is excited and focused about succeeding in what they do. Someone who loves small classes and one on one interaction with peers and professors. Someone who is excited to meet new people and really get to know them.

For some people it is frustrating that it doesn't have their exact major that they are looking for, but it is a small school and almost every year it is growing and adding more and more majors.

Laura

Get the education sooner than later. A good paying job does not substitute when times get hard. More education makes you most valuable to a potential employer.

That some textbooks were not included in my tuition

Balancing school with life commitments.

Nikki

I really don't know how they are because I haven't actually had confrontation wih me, but I'm pretty sure that they are 'normal.'

I would tell myself that you are about to start a new transition into adulthood in the next nine months. You will get all honors because to have all A's would mean excellence as well as receiving academic scholarships. Your main focus this last year in school is going to attend to studying and doing the best you can do. If this means to cut off people that you've ran with since you were five years old because all they want to do is party and have fun then so be it. They may get mad at you, but it's to better your future. Think about what's going to better you. Success is in you and I know that you will achieve it. You have the brains and I know you can accomplish anything. You just have to apply yourself. The future is full of infinite possibilities. Which ones are you willing to go the distance to achieve? I hope that furthering your education is one of them. Do something with your life that you will look back on one day and say, "Man. I really did it!" It's your time to shine. Do it.

I believe that everyone should have a chance to further their education. You never really know someone's personality until you actually interact with them and then sometimes interaction doesn't show someone's true character.

St. Ambrose University is best known for it's athletics and education. It offers a wide range of sports that are all successful. Football is the biggest sport on campus and their success is growing. The school as a whole is inviting. The faculty and students are all nice and help you in whatever you may need to achieve your educational goals.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school I would talk myself into playing on the women's basketball team here at St. Ambrose. Sports were my life in high school and I miss that part of it now. I would also tell myself to learn good study habits now because in college there will be more distractions and I need to be able to put my education first. Basically, I would tell myself to try my hardest and do the very best I can so that when I go to college I know how much I am capable of and know I can succeed in whatever I do. Doing the very best I can do is all the matters. As long as I am trying my best I can succeed at whatever I do.

Someone who likes a laid back feel. This school is easier for people to get comfortable with faster because as a on campus student you see the same people almost everyday and that helps the student to be able to make more friends and deepen their relationships with more people. This will make it easier for a student to feel comfortable with where they are living and inreturn effect their school work positively.

Angela

I wasn't interested in school then, I just wanted to get out as soon as possible. Now I would tell myself that it's not as bad as I imagined it would be. You can still work and carry on your life. College won't take up all of your time. Just try it and see how you do and at least you'll know you gave it a shot. Just go on and get your 2 year Associate Degree and be proud of yourself for being the first one in your family to get a college degree.

Andrea

It is a place where diverse and great people go to look for a greater future.

It is a place where diverse and great people go to look for a greater future.

Stop procrastinating! It's your last year of high school. I know you are going to go to a community college, but do look now to where you want to transfer afterwards. Don't decide last minute after you graduate community college to continue your education. I know it will be hard, but you can do it. Also, please save your money better. I know it's hard to have to save and buy what you need. Just skip out on a couple of those wants you bought. No one said becoming an adult was easy, but you will have some great fun along the way and meet new people too. Relax and enjoy your next step in this journey called life. Without all of this you will never get the opportunity to go that amazing trip in a couple years.

It is a small university so the class sizes are great. With on average 15 students in class, being able to interact in class easier. Also you can have more one on one with the professors. Along with that, I enjoy the structure of the campus. It is really pretty throughout all seasons. My last thing I brag about is the fact it's not far from home. I cannot afford to live on campus so being able to commute is great.

Susan

The administrators and faculty of Saint Ambrose University have done a wonderful job at creating well-rounded, well educated business graduates. Saint Ambrose is becoming more and more recognized for the faculty and staff's abilities to produce excellent candidates for job openings in all areas of business.

My senior year of high school was not like most students' senior year. I was enrolled part-time at my high school and part-time at Black Hawk Community College. I had already disconnected myself from high school. I was ready to be done and move on with my life, meet new people, and make new memories. I had fun through the first three years of high school, but by the fourth year, I was ready to get out, which is why I only went half of the day. I think the best advice I could have offered myself would have been to stick with it and go into a field that made me happy, and to stop worrying about disappointing people. I spent the first three years in college being extremely unhappy and dissatisfied with my choice of major. Now that I have chosen to switch my major to Elementary Education, I am so much happier. I am excited to wake up every morning and go to school, because I am working towards what I love. If I had to tell my senior high self one piece of advice, it would be to do what I love.

While Saint Ambrose is a good school, it is certainly not for everyone. Some students, such as myself, are looking for a personal touch on their education. I have several teachers that would contact me if I were to miss a class, not out of irritation that I missed, but out of concern that I was not in class when I am usually there every day. However, many college ages students are not looking for this form of responsibility and accountability in a school. If a students does not want to be accountable, Saint Ambrose is not a good choice.

Saint Ambrose University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.