Slippery Rock, PA
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

Camara

I believe that if a person wants to really take themselves seriously, willing to make fantastic, life long friends, that wants a good career, that is a very good academic person, and overall a kind and generous person to all should attend this school.

I believe that if a person are not willing to make friends, not willing to try something new and different, to engage yourself and to try a different studying habit, or to try to change their life for the better should not attend this school.

Crystal

Our school is mainly known for our pride in our school. We have things such as Green & White Fridays where everyone wears our school colors; also, if we are stressed from too much homework or we need good luck for a big test, then we "rub the rock", in which 4 monumental rocks are placed around campus and we rub if for good luck. The pride throughout our university is incredible we are so proud to be a part of it.

If I could go back in time as a high school senior, I would tell myself to always work hard and to never give up when there is always more that you can do. When I was a senior, I worked hard; however, when it came to applying for scholarships I always thought they weren't important. Now that I am in college and had to obtain student loans to pay for it, I realized that this is the real world now and that it isn't right to "slack off" when it comes to applying for scholarships-- no matter how long they may take. Even if the scholarship is only $250, that is still a lot more than what I had before. In my future, I have a set myself career path. My dream is to become a dancer and perform for Disney Cruiseline, and even though that may sound like an amazing job, I know a dancer's pay is extremely low. Consequently, I know that if I try my absolute hardest to obtain scholarships and grants, my life after college will not be so bad. To conclude, I would tell my senior self, "scholarships are important".

A person who is interested in the field of engineering would not come to this school, or anything related to that field. Other than that, our university is very well rounded and offers so much to their students.

Jon

Don't stress out too much. Even if you struggle in high school, college is a new start. Anyone can succeed in college, as long as you are willing to put in the work.

It always seems to be raining in Slippery Rock. The campus is on a bunch of hills, so after it rains there are streams of water on the walkways.

The exercise science programs is one of the best. All of the professors are really helpful.

Audrey

Senior year is one of the hardest and most confusing times in a young persons life. It's the year where you are faced with so many big decisions and options. It's also the time when you feel like every move you make is being watched under a microscope and everything you decide on needs to impress those around you. If i could go back and talk to myself, I would tell myself not to worry about what others want and focus on what I want. I would have told myself that going to college for undecided isn't going to dissapoint those around you. I would actually be more persistent about taking my time and making sure I was happy with every single decision. I would have told myself to relax and just let God take the wheel. I see now that everything worked out just the way it needed too and that all that worrying got me nowhere. If I could go back, I would be more precise and sure about every choice i made. Unfortunately I can't go back, but i can start using this advice now.

The best thing about the school I will be attending is the oppertunities it provides with the major I have chosen to study for.

The worst thing about the school I will be atteneding is how far away it is from where I live.

I would tell myself not to focus so much on my social life and focus more on my studies. I barely studied in high school, and if I studied more, then I could have gotten a higher GPA and possibly some scholarships. The little petty things that happen with friends and boys do not matter in the long run. Good grades lead to a bright future, not a boyfriend. That is why this year I am learning from my mistakes and focusing a lot on my studies.

There are a wide variety of people at SRU from nerds to jocks. So, Slippery Rock is for everyone. Although, whoever attends must not mind rain because it rains a lot compared to where I'm from which is south-central PA.

We are unique because we are one big family. When something happens were all there for each other whether we know the person personally or not.

Amanda. I know you're confused on where you want to go to school. Just remember where ever you go have fun. Don't declare a major it will just put added pressure and maybe down the road you want to change it. You will feel lost in what you want to be, but thats normal. Also, don't try to do everything. You can't do it all. Take a step back and relax sometimes. Go to a football game, hang out with friends, play hockey but don't make it all about school. Remember all those naps you didn't take when you were little. Well here's your chance to make them up. During the day if you feel like you need it. Take one, but only for 30-45 minutes or your head will hurt. It will help you feel refreshed. In the end, always remember that you can do it and don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it.

There are a lot of things that are the best at Slippery Rock. I think if I had to choose one would be the proffesors. You really learn a lot from them and they all are so nice and helpful when you need it.

Robert

Having an excellent teacher and business schools

Having an excellent teacher and business schools

Get your head out of your damn ass and transfer into SRU after you go to BC3 and get your accounting degree, you are going to love it and be very happy!!!!

How much I would fall in love with this school

Richard

We are known as being the town known aronud the world. We are a small school and have students from many countries and have been heard of in many other countries.

I would tell myself to make sure I say on top of my academic endavors becasue of my athletics for the school. I would make sure I knew that I need to study more than I had in order to keep myself out of grade troubles during the semester, especially during the sports season.

The things I am doing in my major because it is one of the top Exercise Science programs in the country. Also the things I have accomplished in athletics and the things I do with friends on the weekends.

Brianna

At slippery rock we are a community of future leaders.

At slippery rock we are a community of future leaders.

Slippery Rock University is best known for it's physical education, exercise science, and athletic trainning programs.

Dear Brianna, I know right now that you are worried out about what college to choose, what major to take up, and making new friends. Stop stressing but keeping working hard. Slippery Rock University will be the college of your choice. You'll fall in love with the Social Work major. You might have a rough start but don't give up you'll be able to push through it to be successful. Believe in yourself you can accomplish whatever you put your mind too. Trust me you'll end up exactly where you are meant to be. Sincerely, Me

Chad

I believe Slippery Rock is the perfect school. We have about 8,000 students, which makes Slippery Rock a medium-sized school. But, you get to know a core group of students so it generally feels like a smaller school. Some people have the wrong view of Slippery Rock thinking it is a party school. I tell them no matter what school you go to, you will find parties. Overall opinion of Slippery Rock has gone up since I have gone here. I spend a lot of my time in the library. As a graduate student, it is my one place of solace. Not to mention there are computers on every floor, the staff is willing to help with anything you may need, and it is a quiet place to get away and study. The schools administration is honestly amazing. They are truly looking out for the best for their students. The current president, Robert Smith, has truly turned Slippery Rock into one of the best campuses I have ever been to. His positive attitude has really kept the campus on an upward track since he came here. We love our school and are proud of everything we do here. I will always remember the three years I lived in the dorms and the friends that I made there, many of which I keep in contact with still. Also, the faculty and staff on campus are as friendly as they come. I have befriended many of my professors and a couple have been my mentors for years now. The only thing I would change about Slippery Rock is the class scheduling process. Sometimes it is hard to get into classes. But, no matter where you go you will have that problem.

I honestly do not find there are standard stereotypes at Slippery Rock. Greek life is popular on campus but even those who participate in Greek organizations are nice people. The majority of people on campus are friendly and bridge different types of student.

Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.