Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

Mia

Slippery Rock is the closet college to my hometown, which is about 45 minutes away, besides the community college. I choose Slippery Rock because it is very inexpensive compared to other universities that I was looking at. I have met a lot of great people here.

I think Slippery Rock University is an amazing school. It is a decent size and feels like home to me. I can always find something on campus to do and I know that my professors are always around when I need help. Even when it is nighttime, I know there are students tutors around campus to help even at those hours. SRU is one of the few schools to offer my major, Actuarial Science, and I know I will receive a good education here.

Dakota

My favorite place in the world. I love it here always something to do, see, and talk about not to mention we have the best sunsets in the world.

Griffin

Great small school and green campus. I chose SRU because it reminded me of home. People are friendly and there are a lot of clubs to join. Although not a big party school, there are a lot of things to do on and around campus. It is a small town, but that is what I liked about Slippery Rock. Would recommend if you're looking for small class sizes.

Larry

Slippery Rock University is amazing. If you want a school that cares for your future, this is the place. Since I transferred here, I have had encouraging professors, passionate faculty, and amazing experiences altogether here. This is a great school for anyone and everyone who wants a great future.

Slippery Rock University felt like home the moment I stepped foot on campus. Yes, there's limited parking, and yes, the food isn't the most wonderful, but it's home. I found a family at the Rock, and I know the experiences I have while earning my undergraduate degree will be with me for the rest of my life. The faculty and staff truly care about the students, and you will never feel like you're just a number lost in the flow of things. It's a highly personal, caring experience at SRU.

Matthew

Slippery Rock University is a beautiful school with great academic programs. The professors are incredibly talented teachers who are invested in the school and student population. Population wise the school is not that big, but the campus is a little large and can take some getting used to if you have classes on opposite ends. The one real drawback is that there is almost nothing off-campus to do unless you have a car and are able to drive.

Lisa

Slippery Rock is a great school in a small, quiet neighborhood. There are parties frequently but they are all off campus. The weekends are really boring if you don't have a good group of friends to do stuff with. The area is beautiful, especially in the fall. If you don't like snow and rain, you will hate it here.

Brianna

Slippery Rock University is a good school there are a lot of parties but overall it is what you make it. The academics are good as well as the facilities provided . The food is okay but all college food gets old but there are other food places on campus that are pretty good. Our sporting events are also pretty fun to attend especially football and our team is good.

Kelsey

Slippery Rock is a great school to attened. No matter what your major is you always feel welcome by the students. They don't make you feel inferior if you aren't the same major. The campus is absolutely gorgeous. The professors are very helpful and do their best to accommodate your needs.

Austin

Slippery Rock is a school that shows a lot of character and is probably PA's best state school with the highest success rate too. A small town located almost in the middle of no where. But with the way everyone and everything that is found on campus. You feel as if you have everything you need within an arms reach.

Tabitha

Personally, I really like Slippery Rock University. The campus is really diverse and accepting of everyone. Though there may not be a lot of things to do on the weekend campus really gets involves. We have over 250 clubs and organizations that are generally active if not on a weekly basis then a bi-weekly basis.

Michelle

Slippery Rock is great university with an outstanding dance department. A diverse range of clubs and organizations provide students several opportunities to get involved beyond the classroom.

Luke

It is a very good university, with a lot of things to do, and a friendly environment. The food isn't the best, but there are good options around town. The gym is amazing, and filled with a lot of equipment to use and activities to do. Classrooms are good sized and a friendly atmosphere.

I am getting along nicely I have made new friends and I am enjoying all of my classes and my professors are pretty good for the most part. My dorm room could use some updating like to bathroom really needs to be updated with all new shower and toilet.

Alexis

Slippery Rock University has a beautiful campus and amazing opprotunities. There is always something to do and clubs to join. You can get a wonderful college experience here. There is also amazing food and even a starbucks and quaker steak and lube on campus!!

Kaitlyn

It’s not as expensive as other universities and has a safe campus environment. The class sizes are not to big and not too small. The university makes an effort to provide the students with any resources they may need and a variety of clubs to join to get involved.

Madeline

Overall, I believe that Slippery Rock University is a great school for someone who knows what they want to do with their life but wants to get there for less money. The academics are typical of a decent college. They are not great, but they could be worse. The one major setback in my opinion is the school website sru.edu because it is terribly disorganized.

My overall opinion of Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania is extremely outstanding. I could not dream of a better university to attend. The enthusiasm and kindness around campus is phenomenal. The energy the faculty and students give off is beyond positive and very welcoming. My transition into Slippery Rock University could not have gone better and I believe it is a result of the teachers and faculty being so kind and accessible around campus.

lauren

great School and amazing professors. Their programs are some of the top programs in the country. The school is in a pretty small town but there is always something going on. The school sports facilities are great. I recommend this school to anyone!

Joseph

It is a beautiful campus in a charming town, with a bunch of necessary stores and good restaurants around. The staff goes out of their way to ensure that each visitor and student feels welcomed and that left a lasting impression on me. The staff's primary goal is to set you up for success and with the variety of courses and majors they offer, anything is possible. Plus Slippery Rock University is so much more affordable than other schools in the area!

Miranda

Personally, I love Slippery Rock University. I was afraid of going to such a rural town after living in the city since I was born, but the atmosphere in Slippery Rock is extremely friendly. Everyone is willing to help you if you are ever in need. The only thing that could be better about the University would be the use of meal swipes at dining halls. There is only one place on campus to use your meal swipes. Football season brings out the school spirit in even the new students.

Morgan

Slippery Rock University is an amazing school. Everyone is so friendly, students and faculty. There is always a bunch of people in the common area talking and laughing with each other. I have never seen anyone putting anyone else down. The professors are always super helpful and make themselves available almost all the time. They have regular office hours and can also schedule appointments if necessary. There are plenty of on-campus jobs and activities for students to participate in. Clubs and groups are always dying to have more people join. The benefits are endless; There is a large recreation facility, a bus to take you where you need to go, diverse food options, and so much more. The campus is the perfect size, not too big and not too small. I am so glad that I chose to attend this school and cannot imagine going anywhere else.

Arianna

Slippery Rock University made me feel right at home my first semester there as a freshman. It was not hard to get involved with new people and clubs and different societies as that is what this university strives for. My overall experience and opinion of Slippery Rock is that it is a university that is fit for anyone who would love to become involved with their school on a deeper level than just education.

Kathy

I fell in love with the campus. Everyone is very helpful. I will be going there in the fall. I am studying to be an early education major. I have heard good things about the college. I can not wait until the fall. The school is not huge or small it is just the right size.

Patricia

It's a beautiful school and the environment is so welcoming. It may seem really cheesy at first when the 'you're home' slogan comes up but it really is a home away from home. All of the activities offered on campus are so extensive it's hard to find something you aren't interested in; even the sports are inclusive to everyone's different skill level.

Catherine

I transferred to Slippery Rock University after the first semester of my freshman year, and it was possibly the best decision I ever made. I went from being completely undecided when it came to majors to pursuing two degrees with two different concentrations at Slippery Rock. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't transferred, but I'm glad I did. There is nowhere else I would rather be to earn my education.

Karlie

I love the learning environment, the faculty, and the community of Slippery Rock University. You feel welcomed once you step on campus. The faculty are very informational, welcoming, and are always there for help when needed. You can't help but grow as a student.

Nathan

It is an all-around beautiful campus. The teachers push you to succeed and there is always something going on for when you're not doing homework. Everyone is so nice. Typically when your walking throughout campus someone will say hello to you and make you feel welcome. I am glad that I chose Slippery Rock University as my 4-year college.

Alexis

When I stepped onto Slippery Rock University's campus I knew that my mind was made up. The campus was perfect for me, and I felt very safe. There are so many emergency buttons, and the police station was right across the street. It also made my parents feel better being away from me knowing that I would be safe at all times. I did not have any hesitation. The campus is truly amazing, and I knew that with their state of the art Exercise Science program accredited by CAAHEP, I would get a valuable education. I could not be happier with the decision I made, and I cannot wait to see where Slippery Rock will take me in the future.

Coralynn

I love the campus and cannot wait to be a student in the fall. Everyone is welcoming. The tour guide answered all of my questions and I will be visiting again before move in. I am excited to do all of my extra curricular activities such as violin and dance but also, participate in student government. I can do it all at SRU and I cannot wait to do exactly that.

Jordan

My overall impression of Slippery Rock, simply stated, Amazing school! I visited Slippery Rock campus three times and every time I’ve been there I discovered something exciting new. Slippery Rock is a community and has amazing staff and students, I highly recommend visiting the campus.

morgan

Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania is an excellent campus. There is such a great atmosphere. I learned a lot from all of my professors and I would not choose another school for my academics. The extra curricular activities are also excellent. There are so many opportunities for students with over 250 clubs on campus and many sports teams. Students can join club teams or intramural sports. Overall, Slippery Rock was my first choice for a college and I stand by that.

Justin

Overall I very much enjoy Slippery Rock University and I do not regret attending here. SRU is filled with very friends students and faculty who care very much. The campus is filled with nature and everywhere you look there is greenery. We have multiple state parks only fifteen to thirty minutes from campus, making SRU a prime school for nature lovers like myself. The food and the on-campus housing is far superior to major state schools like OSU and Penn. There are numerous active extracurricular clubs as well as honors associations on campus, so any student looking to be involved in a movement can easily do so. Greek life is also very active on campus, however, some fraternity and sorority chapters are more active than others. All niceties aside there are those that don't feel as at home at SRU than I do. SRU isn't a very diverse campus and while there is a black fraternity and LGBT and Black empowerment groups, the campus certainly has a stereotypical Caucasian majority.

This campus is beautiful, amazing and just the perfect size. The professors on campus are always their to help and guide you in the right directions. The professors actually care about their students. There are many groups to get involved in and if there isn't one you could make a new one. All the building on campus are beautiful. SRU is a very friendly campus and is very welcoming. So many positive things to say about SRU! GO ROCK!

Patricia

This university has an amazing environment but for STEM majors, this university isn't it. The turn around of professors in the departments is terrible, one of my professors hadn't worked in the chem field for at least 10+ years. Aside from the STEM majors, everything else is nice at SRU. The music department is spectacular and so is the dance department.

Gia

Slippery Rock University was one of the last colleges I visited when I was searching during my junior and senior years of high school. By the end of the open house I attended, I knew 100% this was the university I was going to attend after high school. My parents knew, too, before I had even told them myself that it was my top choice. After attending this school for an entire year, I am so glad this is where I chose to go. I have made so many friends, I feel very safe on campus, and I am receiving quality education. It is not an enormous campus with tens of thousands of students, but it is larger than most private institutions. It is right in the middle, with about 9,000 students, and I love it. The campus is beautiful, especially in warm weather, because there are so many trees and flowers planted all over the place. There are plenty of different clubs to join and volunteer opportunities to participate in, as well as assistance for resumes, job interviews, and more. It is easy to tell the faculty really cares about the students and the education they are receiving. I believe I am getting everything I need to prepare me for life after college here at Slippery Rock University.

Riley

I think that the university is a great place to study and live. I have walked all across campus, and all buildings are very accessible . The on campus dining is really good, makes students feel at home with some of the special meals. The academics are very good, i love my biology program.

hailey

I love it here and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. The professors genuinely care about us and help with extra resources shall we need it. The students are all here to learn and we don't mind helping each other out. The university is huge on their push for suicide awareness. The university provides free counseling covered by our tuition and care reports for anonymous submissions of possible at-risk people. It's a very safe and dry campus.

It's a nice school, but there is a low level of maturity amongst a large percentage of the students. Overall it has a great cost for a good education compared to many other schools which makes it a great option. The programs it is known for are very strong and are great for getting student's jobs.

Shelby

From the minute I stepped on campus, I knew Slippery Rock University was going to be my home away from home. The immediate friendly atmosphere and the overall beauty of the campus blew me away. As a current student, I have been extremely satisfied with the quality of education I have received. Every professor I have had at Slippery Rock University has been an absolute blessing. They consistently put forth effort into getting to know and appreciate each student for who they are. The overall education aspect of SRU is also fantastic. I feel as though I have learned so much in my time at school. As for residential life, the dorms are extremely nice. There are several options of housing on campus for students and they are all reasonably priced. Finding quality food on campus is extremely easy. All of the food options are tasty and there is food available somewhere on campus 24/7. Finally, the campus is extremely safe. There are help buttons placed nearly every 300ft incase of an emergency. I absolutely love Slippery Rock University.

Charles

I absolutely love the environment of Slippery Rock. Everytime I walk out on campus, the students are nice, the weather is always beautiful, and its always a joy going anywhere with my friends. Most of the time, we hang out eating food, going out to movies, or the park. Other times when difficult tests are coming up, we all get together and have study sessions and help each other out with whatever we need. Walking to class each morning wakes me up and makes me ready to learn. Going to class and seeing my classmates is always a joy too. It really is an amazing school. It might not be the best, or the most popular, but I love it here.

Carlee

Slippery Rock is a great school, it has many opportunities for students to network and meet with various clientele. There are many different classes available to all students. Slippery Rock is home. They have a very diverse campus with many teachers, students, and faculty representing various cultures.

Morgan

Slippery Rock University offers great academics. In fact, they were just recently named to the Best Colleges of Regional Universities North. They have an excellent tuition value and first class education. Lots of opportunities to be involved in clubs and community. I have enjoyed my Freshman year at Slippery Rock, and look forward to my upcoming Sophomore year.

Cally

Slippery Rock is a beautiful campus, and most of the students and almost all of the faculty are incredibly friendly. With the exception of the fact that I have to pay to do my homework (this problem is especially present in science classes on campus), it's a really great place to be getting my degree.

Rosemary

I love Slippery Rock. The campus is absolutely beautiful and people are really nice. It is easy to find friends because there are lots and lots of clubs and opportunities on campus for people to participate in. The classes are good and the professors are pretty nice, although it is always a good idea to check rate my professor before registering for a class. Overall, I love Slip and I am so happy that I go here!