Georgetown, TX
Southwestern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern University

Alicia

I think it is a good school for being small, the classes are very personal and you get to know your professors and classmates. It is also great for getting to know your community. It is also very close to Austin which is great for getting involved in the arts and social movements. There are plenty of churches to worship at.

Sarai

Overall, I love this school. It is the perfect fit for me since I graduated from a small high school. I love the typical small school size and Southwestern is great for that. Classes aren't that big and professors know you by your name plus always help with whatever you need. Most people are easy to connect with and super friendly!

Carson

This school will challenge you academically, especially in the sciences. At the same time, the professors and students are collaborative and genuinely care about each other. If you want a smaller, liberal arts education then Southwestern would be great for you. The financial aid office is incredible and President Burger is always found on campus and cares more than any university president I have seen.

Moriah

Southwestern is a place that encourages creativity. In class, professors provide many opportunities for participation and encourage students to ask questions.They are eager for students to learn and understand the material and enjoy whenever students visit them outside of class. Social events on campus are entertaining and allow for a light-hearted atmosphere. At Southwestern, I found people who shared my interests and those they didn't share they still encouraged me to pursue them. I found a home here and I find myself reminded of that everyday I am on campus.

Vasthy

Academically, Southwestern offers a great environment. The students at this university are here to learn and the professors are just as eager to teach. Socially, Southwestern could use some work. I personally feel as though Southwestern spends too much time tending to the needs of its white male population and not enough on the other 68% of the population. With that being said, Southwestern is a great school and is definitely worth checking out.

Sam
I love SU!

I love SU!

While the social scene can be frustrating because it is dominated by Greek life, SU is great. The professors are extremely accessible and most are truly passionate and intelligent people. Everyone is really friendly, and Austin is a super quick drive.

Audry

I love it at Southwestern. Choosing to go here is literally the best choice that I have made thus far in my life.

One of the biggest stereotypes is that we are a bunch of white liberal rich kids. I am a conservative and my roommate is Asian, if that tells you anything.

Greek life is the best! I joined Alpha Xi Delta and it has been a (mostly) great experience that ahs really helped me grow as a person.

Zainab

To my former self “Aim for the stars but expect to be standing in a bit of mud”, “Aim for each star equally” and “Mothers are right (usually,75%).Having dreams is great but sometimes (always), you’ll get half of what you want. Standards are also great but being picky does narrow ones’ options, which is a bad thing to be before rejection letters. Furthermore, there are those in your life, who love you and give advice and ask things from you that are really in your best interest. You’re young and you may know what you want but trust that being older does mean being a little wiser. The most important message is to try to live a scheduled life. Being a free spirit is great and all but so is sleep. Buy two calendars and a scheduler. Dedicate time blocks for studying, reviewing notes and work for your classes and commitment to these times. Life will be little less stressful, and you’ll get more sleep. I want you to have time to nurture that dreamy, brassy and loud part of yourself. Also when you take leadership positions, you’ll be more effective on campus.

The best thing about the school is how extensive the sciences are for a small liberal school. The instruments, machinery and type of research going on at SU is cutting edge. Faculty and staff is very supportive of students academically and are very accessible to reach and meet with. Most have great personalities. If you talk to people, you find great conversations.

The typical SU student is smart, fearless, sassy, finds time to work-out, friendly, and adventurous spirit.

Amy

If I could go back and talk to me as a senior, I would tell myself to stop getting so nervous everytime I thought about leaving. I was so scared that I wouldn't make friends and that the classes would be too hard and that I would get homesick every 10 minutes and almost all of those things weren't true. I made friends, my classes are difficult, yes but manageable and while I do love my family, being away from them isn't unbearable enough to distract from other things that I need to focus on. And, just as a joke, I'd probably tell myself that my roommate isn't psychotic so don't worry about that, either.

The worst thing is definitely the tendency for cliques to form. Since it's such a small school, it's really easy for certain people to band with others and then exclusively be around those people. So it's really difficult for people who didn't find a clique that fits them to find friends whereas in a larger school, one person can be in multiple groups of friends, making it a lot easier on everyone.

I brag about 2 things. First is the statistics of where people who have graduated from Southwestern are now. Southwestern has an unbelievable acceptance rate into medical school, law school, and other graduate programs as well as a large percentage that are able to find jobs after school. The second thing is the fact that there are a lot of clubs that are open to new members so, unlike very large schools, everyone can usually find at least one club that suits them.

Kelsey

A diverse community of people that are very driven in their goals and who truely enjoy what they are doing.

The faculty and staff are very encouraging and truely care about their students. Professors go above and beyond to help their students and often stay in touch with them after they graduate. Students have a very strong sense of community and alumni stay close friends for life. Students at SU are very proud of their school. Even though many students party a lot, they still are very successful academically .

Southwestern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.