Georgetown, TX
Southwestern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern University

Steve

The biggest thing that I got out of my college experience was when I discovered my passion for psychology. When I first started college, I was not sure what I wanted to major in, but I was leaning towards Computer Science. I enjoyed the programming classes, but math is definitely not one of my strong points, so I had to work really hard just to pass those classes. One year, I took an introductory course in psychology, just to see what it was about. I ended up absolutely loving the subject and I knew that I wanted to learn more about it and become a psychologist in the future. I am now working on a Master's degree in Counseling Psychology and loving every minute of it.

A person who does not like a small campus, a small student body size, a liberal arts school. Also, anyone who wants to play varsity college football, since the school does not have a football team.

Since it is a much smaller school than most others, news and gossip spreads very quickly.

Aaron

Southwestern University has allowed me to continue to pursue my Business major and Comunications minor at a prestigious school. Southwestern has also opened my view on life and different people, allowing me to accept more people for how they are and not to pre judge how individuals act or look. I have also made life long friends that I can trust and talk to whenever I need. Attending Southwestern has also allowed myself to become more responsible and independent because I have to live on my own now, without parents or anyone who I look up to to use as an example. Southwestern has set my career and what I want to do with my life. It is very valuable to attend Southwestern because it does not only teach you academia and expand your knowledge, but it also allows you to grow as a person and become stronger through life lessons so you can live a comfortable and happy life.

How welcoming Southwestern University is to anyone and everyone. Also how accepting everyone is towards each other other although it is very diverse.

How revered Southwestern University is for their academics. Also, that our professors work one on one with the students for as long as necessary to help them.

Johnni

I am just going back to colledge after 25 years. I have decided that I would like to further my education and career by attending college. My children are now grown and it is a decision of mine to go back to school. When you are young, it is a part of life to go to school or to not go to school. After 25 years, I have decided to go back to school. To make this decision after such a long time is a need that I have to fulfill. It is something I want more than anything in life at this point of my life. I think that this makes me a great candidate for college because I have experience in many parts of my life, but I also know that this is a thought through decision. I want to work in the health field and be a part of the wonderful things that come from working in the health field. I believe that I can make a difference in this world. Life is short and I am not done learning and hoping to learn.

Geoff

I have gotten more life experience from my college experience. Life experience is the most vauable experience any indiviual can receive. This can be obtain thru a family crisis or a weekend camping with friends. I have learned more about decision making and time management. These areas have been significantly impacted by my college experience. A huge impact on decision making came when I was at my first party and I was pressured to drink. I had never drinked before and didn't want to say no to my friend. He took me to get a drink but had to go. At the moment he left, I felt relieved and thought about my decision not to say no. This experience and the afterthoughts really helped form my decision making skills and I really am grateful for it.

Kaylee

I have been in college for only a few months; however I feel as if I have experienced so much. I have experienced living in a dorm, moving away from home, playing a collegiate sport, joining groups such as Catholic Student Association, Pirate Crew, and Fellowship of Christian Athletes, meeting new diversity of people, and creating a new chapter in my life. Starting college was like opening a new journal in my life. I had the pen in my hand, and the opportunity to write my own journey. So far my time in college has been the most challenging and exciting time in my life. College has been valuable to my life because it has forced me to grow up and start to be more independent. It has also challenged me in many ways, especially, academically. I feel like every day is a new and exciting challenge.

The best thing about Southwestern University is its size. Southwestern currently has around 1,300 students, and is continuing to grow. The class of 2014 is the largest freshman class in the history of Southwestern with a number around 450 students. By being apart of a small university you get to know your professors, and fellow students very well. You build relationships with these peoples, and it is a family like atmosphere. I enjoy being a Southwestern Pirate because I feel as if I am at my home, away from home.

One thing I wish I would have known before attending Southwestern would be how credits transfer. Some AP and Dual Credit credits transfers as electives. However, this is not a bad thing because you still receive credit that works towards all majors. I just was unaware about how a few of my credits transferred.

Tonya

I have discovered what I want to major in and accomplish in life. In the beginning of my college career I was unsure, so I decided to try out a couple majors. After taking some classes and doing some volunteering, I discovered I want to be a teacher. I think the longer I have been in school the more I appreciate my teachers and the job that they do. My volunteer work helped me choose an age group, but it was mainly my teaching classes and classroom experience that contributed to my newly discovered goal: to become a certified, influencial and succesful 1st grade teacher. I believe that even my first few classes in my college career were valuable. Although they were not classes in the area I focused on today, the helped guide me to the right decision and discover what I am capable of.

Jodi

There is a strong sense of community on campus, and that includes the professors. They really want you to do well. There is a lot of freedom of thought and you're never discouraged to voice your opinion.

The most valuable thing I have gotten out of my college experience is life. Southwestern University has surrounding me by so many people like me. I'm not saying our campus isn't diverse, but everyone here loves life and feels like part of a giant family. I have made friendships that will last a life time, and connections that will further me in my future career. The professors not only teach they're respective subjects, but they teach life lessons. Some at SU would consider the professors mean, but its just tough love. I have learned so much regarding my major, and so much more that has nothing to do with a formal education. My attendance at Southwestern University gave me something truly valuable, a kickstart for life.

The cafeteria food, and the workload is pretty hard, especially as a freshman. Once you know what to expect it isn't that bad.

Stephan

My classmates are intellectually hungry, creative people whose love for learning is only matched by their love of life itself...

I would adivsemyself to practice reading and writing as much as I could and then more. These two skills are the most important for producing successful work in your college studies. I would also tell myself to apply as early as possible for any scholarship that is even remotely applicable to me. The stress of adjusting to college is only compunded with the stress of financial insecurity.

A person who is not willing to question everything she or he believes. A person who finds reading boring. A person who accepts mediocrity and consistency. A person who thinks the world is fine the way it is. A person who prefers a large student population. A person who does not enjoy having a small classes.

Dyann

College life is fun and exciting, but that does not mean that there are not responsibilities like studying. I knew going to college that I would probably spend more time studying than I did in high school, but I still felt that I would be able to spend the week focused on school and have weekend to relax. My high school self should have been prepared to sacrifice some weekends which would have made my first year less of a shock. Some other key points for survival at any university include using online resources to purchase books at least three weeks before a semester starts. This sometimes includes emailing professors for book lists. Also purchasing school supplies for both semesters in August when everything is on sale will help reduce costs! Mainly, I would say try and meet as many new people as you possibly can because study groups go a long way.

goal focused and activity oriented

persons who do not like homework

Kathryn

A community of diverse individuals who care about their future and their impact in the world.

College is a completely different world. It is like having a double life, one back at home and another on campus. I would tell myself to create my second life exactly how I want it. It is a fresh start surrounded by people going through the exact same thing you are. The transition is scary at first, extremely scary, but completely worth it. The advice I was given going into college is the same I would give to myself again, stay focused. That doesn't exclude the social focus, but you are in college for a reason, to grow into an adult you would be proud of. I would tell myself to "be the change you wish to see in others" and make a diiference. In college, you can be almost anyone you dream to be, so make it happen.

A person who is passionate about their future, and willing to work hard for it. Southwestern is ranked very high in its amount of work load, but the best part is that Everyone there is working just as hard. It is like a community and everyone looks out for each other. The possibilities are endless at Southwestern, so someone who is willing to take advantage of the resources should be the type of person to attend.

Southwestern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.