Ewing, NJ
The College of New Jersey

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The College of New Jersey

Fixed  rate loan

Everything! I would say this it is most well known for its excellent Education program and Nursing program. However, all of the academic areas are very well known as well.

Throughout college, I have been challenged; challenged to think outside of the box, question my beliefs and values, and consider the person I am and want to become. By taking difficult classes, having relationships with professors, and interacting with peers, I have been able to consider and develop real, insightful, and meaningful opinions of my own. I have been pushed to become a writer, a scholar, an activist, a politician, a doctor, a teacher, and countless others things. But most importantly, I have been pushed to just be me and have been given the opportunity to explore whatever it is that moves and inspires me. College has given me such passion; passion to follow my dreams to the limits. I have been able to explore my interests and discover my strengths and weakness in an attempt to forge a path for my future. I have been able to consider different opportunities, career paths, and majors to find what makes me happy. Most importantly, college has shaped me into a life-long learner, a curious mind, and constant questioner. With a college education, there is no limit to what you can achieve, not matter how difficult it may seem.

Most importantly, if you are interested in TCNJ you must be a very hard-working and persistant student. TCNJ has a reputation for being extremely difficult academically, as each course requires intenstive work and study. However, being a student at this school has enriched my life so much. I have had he oppertunity to work with some of the most brillant professors and students and feel so prepared for life after graduation. If you want a phenomenal education, dedicated professors, and an academic challege, this most certainly is the best school for you.

Stuart

A challenging school with a personal atmosphere.

A challenging school with a personal atmosphere.

In college, I learned about myself and where I want to take my life. In learning about myself, I found out what things are important to me in a friend, a career, and how I want to get there. My friends, family, classes, and work experience taught me about the responsibilities one has as an adult and what it takes to get there.

LIttle emphisis placed on research and development and hands on learning within the school of business. The food is terrible. The community has not fully accepted itself as a "college town".

Ryan

I am getting such a rich education at The College of New Jersey. All of the professors here have the highest degree offered in their fields, so they really know what they are talking about. Also, there are no big lecture hall classes here. The biggest class size we have is 48 people. Two of my classes this semester only have 18 people in them, so each student is able to get the most out of the course. At TCNJ, you get an ivy-league education for a public-college price. However, the main deciding factor that resulted in my choosing TCNJ was the fact that 80% of TCNJ students who apply to medical school are accepted! That number is incredibly appealing to me, being a pre-medical student.

The food quality. It's not that bad, but it's not that good either.

Loribel

As a high school senior, all I could think of was college, parties, new friends and a whole new world. As I applied for college I did not think about how I would pay for college or that things were as complicated as I soon would learn they were. If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that the new journey I was going to embark on was not all going to be easy and great. I would tell myself that just because someone had a certain exprience in college that means I would have the same. I would have also prepared myself to accept that I was going to be deemed different because the majority of the people in my campus were caucasion. As a high school senior I would have made sure that I would have looked better at a schools diversity and financial aid.

I wish I had known that I would face discrimination . I believed that going to college I would be surrounded by knowledge and maturity. I wish I would have prepared myself better in order to understand that everyones college experience is not the same.

This school has a beautiful campus however; a person who wants a city setting should not attend this school. Personally, for me diversity and acceptance has been an issue in this school. A person who is accustomed to a predominantly Caucasian population and suburb setting should attend this school.

Dear Lauren, Enjoy high school while it still lasts. I know you take advantage of the fact that you're the top of your class and it only takes you 20 minutes a night to do your homework. That will no longer me the case once you go to college. You'll be among all the other top students, so A's won't come as easy. Review the material you're learning and really get to know it. Studying a little bit the night before an exam doesn't quite cut it. Everything you learn here will come back at some point, so the more you know and the better you prepare yourself, the easier the transition will be. Take time to plan out your assignments, go over them multiple times, and seek extra help when need be because this will become the norm in a year. Lastly, cherish the time you have left with your classmates. Despite your best efforts, you will lose contact with some of your oldest friends. It's a part of growing up. So live life, have fun, and prepare yourself. Love, Future Lauren

The best thing about my school is that I've grown so close with my fellow classmates and professors. There is some competition here, but it's healthy and keeps me motivated. I work well with my classmates, who are now some of my closest friends, and my professors encourage me to do well. I also love knowing that our school has wonderful oppurtunities for graduates and a high job placement rate for seniors. This lets me know that all the hard work I'm doing now will pay off in the end.

Before I came to college, I thought I knew how to study and manage my time. However, when I came here, I realized what I was doing before was did not at all prepare me for a secondary education. Studying 20 minutes the night before an test just doesn't cut it in college. In fact, I start studying at least a week before all my exams, and sometimes that is not even enough time. Thankfully, I was able to adjust my study skills throughout my freshman year.

Michelle

I would give myself the advice that perseverance is especially important, and to never forget that. Diligence is also another key factor to success and one should always continue to try and exceed expectations.

I wish I had known more about the academic excessiveness and snobby student population.

Emma

It is a beautiful campus and to me the perfect size. It has a lot to do outside off campus as well. It is a challenging school but it is worth it in the end.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself during my senior year I would tell myself to take all the AP science courses I could. I would also tell myself not to be as stressed out over getting into college because things will all work out. If I could share one message with all high school seniors, it would be hard work pays off. All you can do is try the best you can and that's all that matters in the end. Some college freshmen once entering college lose all their drive and motivation. Whether it's the notion that they are already in college or not is unknown. If I could, I would remind myself not to stop working hard because out of all the work and effort, there will come that pot of gold at the end of a rainbow that I have been searching for through the journey of the high school years and college years.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that they base scholarships and certain class placements too heaviily on the SATS. The SATS aren't everything and I would be proof to that. I did excellent in high school and worked extremely hard yet lacked amazing SAT scores and for that was awarded nothing for my hard efforts, not even for being top ten of my class. Not everyone are good test takers or had the equal opportunity to prepare for the SATS. It is sometimes an unfair test, in my eyes at least.

Zachary

The best way of getting into the groove of college life is to meet as many people as possible on your freshman floor, and spend time with the ones you enjoy spending time with as opposed to anyone you can spend time with. It's best to have a lot of friends, but you want to have a core group of friends as well that you can count on for living situtations and eating meals with. Be open-minded about clubs, but don't join them just because your friends joined - trust me, you'll stop going after a meeting or two because any other activity will be more interesting than an obligation you don't want. Finally, I would suggest learning to sleep on a schedule - I don't do this, but my few friends that do seem to be vibrantly more awake than I am all the time even if I slept 10 hours the night before. Something about college is extremely tiring, and sleep becomes your new best friend but can be a time killer during crunch periods (finals and midterms). Also: group projects - avoid them like the plague. You WILL end up doing all the work.

I wish I had known what kinds of activities I wanted to participate in (clubs to join, etc.) - I spent my freshman year kind of flip-flopping between things that kind of spiked my interest but weren't things I could really get devoted to. I also had a habit of signing up for clubs my friends were doing instead of things I really wanted to do. Since then, I've now found my niche group and am very happy.

TCNJ is perfect for students who live in New Jersey that want to go away from home but not be too far. It's a good school that doesn't have pretentious students and has a great social life that I imagine could suit anyone (there's a reason why TCNJ has a ~90% retention rate). Academically, it's excellent for anyone who wants to be a nurse, teacher, or pre-med student.

Kalvin

Alright buddy, getting into college isn't really the last thing on your plate. In fact, THIS is the point where you really have to start looking forward. You've declared a major, but it's probably the best idea to have a general idea to know where thats going. Medicine? That's costy. Get on your scholarships, because the loans you're about to make are VERY scary in terms of fine print. Oh, but don't worry too much! While it's the start of a new future, it's also not hyper-speed paced. You're going to have a great time making new friends and breaking into a new environment and making your mark on campus. Just don't forget to keep your priorities straight, okay? Behave!

To tell the truth, there is no way to be completely prepared for college, whether academically or socially. I kind of wish I had known that getting used to college was going to process that was going to be aided by college staff and the ambassadors, instead of a headfirst dive into a new environment. It would have cut my pre- move-in nervousness in half at least. TCNJ does a great job bring together its student body and really takes care of everybody.

I guess the most frustrating part about going to a relatively small school in Central Jersey is that food is really hit or miss. Eickhoff Hall is really convenient to get to (as the campus is a 10 minute walk across) but the food there kind of spoils appetites. Luckily, there's a Five Guys about a mile down the road.

The College of New Jersey administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.