The University of Texas at San Antonio Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The University of Texas at San Antonio

Ryoma

I believe UTSA is a fair school to attend. There are plenty of opportunities to learn and get involved. The main campus is nice, however, there is a huge lack of parking by the time the day is going. Otherwise, I have no other complaints about the school.

Monica

I honestly and truly recommend any and all students to come to this amazing school, so many opportunities and resources to help every student succeed. This school has so much diversity, being able to hear different languages in the hallways and courtyards everyday is really refreshing and satisfying.

Chloe

The University of Texas at San Antonio is definitely a home away from home. The application and admission steps are fairly easy to follow in order to get Rowdy Ready. The university is still growing in size compared to other universities, but on the occasion of meeting another rowdy member outside of school is incredibly as they are always honorable and ready to help. Not to mention, the location of the school makes an easy commute from home and to near by hot spots and shopping centers which creates a comfortable, welcoming environment.

Bobbie

Before I transferred to UTSA, I didn't feel safe at my other school and didn't really care for how the professors taught and treated their students. Once I came to UTSA, I felt like I was at home. The campus has an amazing location, everyone was super helpful and accepting, and the opportunities/involvement on campus was amazing! This may be a "newer" university, but it truly is an amazing school and I couldn't be happier that I transferred here!

Bradley

Overall, I have had a great experience at UTSA. There are some bad things but there are also plenty of good things about this school. The excitement towards our athletic program is nonexistent, but the diversity on campus is world class. Everyone is respectful towards each other and they make it easy to interact and have intellectual conversations.

Gabriel

So far I have enjoyed every minute at this school. There are so many opportunities for students to engage, get involved, and expand their academic experience. I believe that, as I progress and complete my degree, I will continue to whole-heartedly love my education and make the best of it while it lasts. The professors are always available, and it's a wonderful community to be a part of; you would be missing out if you didn't go here.

Jose

The university of Texas at San Antonio was a great school. It has done a great number of deeds for me as well as gotten me into Physical Therapy School. The professors were great. Show that you try hard and they will assist you in any way that they can. Parking is an issue, the dorms aren't too bad, but they are pricey. I rented a house with several roommates off campus. There is always something going on. It's a huge commuter school. Great place to get involved and Network.

Michelle

The University of Texas at San Antonio is an extraordinary campus. There is always a great ambience anywhere on campus, numerous extracurricular activities, facilities are in great shape, people and staff are really friendly, the food is great, and most importantly, the education is top tier. I could not ask for a better school.

Chloe'

I enjoy attending this university. The campus is beautiful and the people are nice. The professors are committed to their careers and take our education seriously. There's always something going on. The facilities are top notch and there's always someone willing to help if you need it.

Melandi

UTSA is a very homey campus. There's always something to do. There are lots of opportunities to study, have fun, or relax. I never feel unsafe on campus and it's always clean. The campus filled with many friendly people willing to help you if needed. I would recommend that freshman stay on campus their first year just to get accustomed to college life because I went in knowing almost nothing about how it would work and staying off-campus would have made it so much harder. Housing is great and convenient! It doesn't feel like you're too far away from home. Utilities and maintenance are good and I rarely had any problems. You're going to meet a lot of great people so don't shell up in your dorm, like I did at first, go out and explore! Parking is a little bit of a hassle on the weekdays so if you plan on having a car beware of that. A majority of professors on campus are wonderful and will work with you outside of the classroom via e-mail or office hours. The cafe isn't too routine when it comes to food choices. Food is always fresh plus they have days where you can eat for free during finals week. Stores on campus have pretty much everything you would need from school supplies to toiletries. The library stays open 24 hours during school time so that's a plus if you just need somewhere to clear your mind. Lastly, one of main things about college is to go out and meet people. The people you meet could be potential study partners or lifelong friends so don't miss out on great opportunities by staying indoors. Get out and get active!

Erika

UTSA has offered hundreds of opportunities for me. I have been exposed to very useful career fairs, as well as, amazing sports and carnivals. If I had to choose a university all over again, I would still choose UTSA. This school has showed me new people, provided me excellent professors, and great classes.

Alfredo

UTSA wasn't my first choice when i was looking for colleges in high school but it has proven to be the best decision in my academic career. Even though most of the students are a little stuck up and hard to get along with, i have found a great group of friends to hang out with on the weekends. Academically, i don't feel like the school work is too hard since my high school adequately prepared me for this. One of the major problems i've had this year is learning how to manage my time and prioritize my schoolwork. Another major plus is that the professors are, for the most part, understanding and helpful with questions and meetings during their office hours. Once again, UTSA has been an amazing decision and i plan on staying here for the full four years or however long it takes roget my bachelors degree in civil engineering.

Gerardo

Great school.

Clarissa

I thought it is a really good school. Downtown Campus is the best, and I feel it should be noticed more. The food and transportation to Downtown campus could improve. The environment is good overall, but I feel like they invest so much money in sports and that's not fair. Their architecture program could use more money.

Bianca

I originally started attending UTSA because of the fact that I needed the state to help me pay for my education; however, I am so glad that I decided to attend UTSA! I love this university! Everyone is so helpful and understanding, students and faculty alike! Go Runners!

Courtney

My university is fairly great. There are plenty of opportunities for involvement on campus, so it's easy to stay busy that way. It's definitely not a party school, however, which is a bit upsetting when I'm bored on weekends. On the academic side, there are extensive outlets to stay on top of your grades, including the SI tutoring sessions that are available for most lower level classes and are already included in tuition.

Anthony

The University of Texas at San Antonio overall has a great environment! There are always the right classes provided with mostly great professors. There are plenty of activities, academically and sports-wise, which almost everyone can participate in!

Natalie

UTSA is a splendid and active University. All the buildings are spaced out in that it makes the campus accessible on foot and getting to class easily or other activities on campus. It is really developed in undergraduate research, of which allows undergraduates opportunities in conducting or helping professors research new innovations in science. The university is proud in their research, sports, art, music, and academics. The classes are interactive but can range in a big classroom size or lecture hall. It has several restaurants and pods on campus if one is hungry or they need supplies for class or snacks. In addition it has two libraries, the main one being the John Peace Library, which has a great environment to study or cram for a test. Overall it is a tremendous univeristy with amazing professors and spirited in all aspects that one is interested in or desires to explore.

Francisco

one of the best decisions ive made is to attend UTSA! There are so many and different opportunities here!! the professors are always there. everyone is friendly. 2 starbucks on main campus! its simply the school!

Carlos

The University of Texas at San Antonio is a rising star in sports, academics, and extra curricular opportunities. The students at the university focus on fostering a supportive and inclusive campus where ideas and opinions can be safely shared. There is much room for improvement, and you get an amazing opportunity to be a part of a legacy to be looked back on by millions throughout the future.

Joshua

Growing University, plenty of opportunity if you apply yourself.

Adryanna

It is a great campus, overall it is a decent size for anyone who doesn't want the huge campus feel, but it is not too small of a campus. There are always events going on, on campus so there is plenty of opportunities to stay active. The university has many different programs or tutoring services to help students get through college or a specific class. It is a very friendly environment, and the class sizes are not too overwhelming. The professors are very approachable and not at all intimidating. Overall I would definitely say that The University of Texas at San Antonio is a great university that, would be good for any student wanting to get the feel of an average size, easy access campus. As well as getting top tier academics and experiencing the school spirit all around campus and in a fun filled, historic city.

Dariana

The University of Texas at San Antonio, is a school that allows their students to be equally independent and dependent at the same time. Students here are very outgoing, disciplined, and determined. This is the school where you can start and branch out, the social activities are amazing and enthusiastic, the students have the most pride in UTSA. We both work extremely hard just as well as we play. Being an English major here, has been delightful and I have gained an immense amount of knowledge.

Sara

It’s a great school with both costs and benefits. For the price, the school is a great option. Everyone seems welcoming and friendly. There’s a variety of opportunities for every student. The students really focus on their studies and hold open study sessions in the library. The university really has incorporated the modern technology to fit the needs of the student.

I honestly love this school, I have met some of my best friends here as well as my significant other. the campus counselors on campus are amazing and helped me figure out what I would like to do with my degree and the academics are very engaging and overall a great experience. I wouldnt go to another college.

Seriah

it is beautiful and big it keep you busy and learning alerted 24.7

Chante

UTSA is a big university with a cozy small college feel. The only part of the campus that causes people to realize how populated it is, is struggling to find parking for commuters. Other than this aspect, this university is amazing because there's really something for everyone here and the diversity of the student body and the faculty helps to broaden the college experience. There are so many ways to get involved, not just in UTSA activities but even social activities like volunteering, activism, and promotion. Even if a person doesn't stay at UTSA all four years, it's definitely encompasses everything that is necessary for anyone to enjoy their college experience.

The campus is pretty and the students are nice!

Aleena

Very good college! My experience so far is amazing. When looking for colleges my senior year of high school, this was my top choice. I am very glad that this is the college I picked. I have had a great experience so far. When applying, help was readily available.

Kaila

I think UTSA is a great school. You never feel out of place with the varieties of clubs there are to join and there is always an event that is happening so you're never bored. Class-wise, the professors are easy to talk to and approach for any questions that may come up. I also feel that UTSA is a very safe campus. You can never walk less than a mile without spotting a police officer. We also have little blue stations set up around campus to report suspicious activity or when you are feeling unsafe. The campus food is gourmet and amazing! There is never anything that you don't like at the cafe. Also the connivence of also having other restaurants on campus, just incase you don't want cafeteria food, comes in handy. Not only is there other food places, but also small shop to buy items or get haircuts or even play games with friends. Another thing is that everything is close and nearby so you can walk to where you need to go or drive but never have to drive far.

Jullian

The University of Texas at San Antonio is a good school. Though it is culturally diverse and reasonably priced, there could be more opportunities for funding and on-campus work for international students. UTSA has been consistent with providing me with information pertinent to my studies and does well keeping me informed and involved.

Stormi

The University of Texas at San Antonio is amazing... When I first came here I felt like I was at home. It wasn't hard to find my way around campus and the people are incredibly kind. The professors are so willing to help their students and they want the best for them. The study groups here are amazing and the students want to see other students succeed too. There is a lot to do on the weekends whether it be on campus or off campus. Going to another university wouldn't even be an option. Go 'Runners!!!

Anyssa

I can honestly say that I feel great comfort when at UTSA. There is always so much to do and everyone is helpful and considerate of others. The professors do their best to help and the sense community is something you can feel no matter what you do.

Ayleen

I’ve been attending the main campus of UTSA for over two years now, and not a day goes by that the campus is not buzzing with activity. Be it from study groups and club booths, to protests and performances. There really is something for everyone, and when you’re there, you have this feeling of belonging. The campus is highly diverse; which is frequently celebrated. We are all one big happy family, all hoping to learn and make a difference in the world.

Michelle

UTSA has been so good to me. A lot of people are so friendly and they help you out when needed. The faculty that I have met have great personalities and are always willing to lend a helping hand. Being in San Antonio is also a lot of fun! You are literally across the street from Six Flags! Birds Up!

Andrea

Transferred to this campus a little over a year ago, and to be honest its a great place that offers a lot of opportunities. I recommend the place because its not a huge school. There are a lot of things to get involved in, and La cantera is right across the road so thats actually really helpful.

Joseph

UTSA has an amazing community around where you can always find something to do, get help, and receive a good education, especially in Engineering as the program is steadily improving, competing with top schools. There are also plenty of internship opportunities due to the local engineering companies in San Antonio. The people are friendly for the most part and it won't be hard to fit in with the welcoming environment. The food and attractions in San Antonio also provide a great experience to anyone familiar with the style or is new to it.

Ceylan

I love the atmosphere and people that attend UTSA! I felt very welcomed by the tour guides and students when I visited. It is also very diverse which was very important to me. The professors care about you and your grades. UTSA is also pretty safe with campus police always driving around no matter what time it is.

Ambar

My overall opinion of The University Of San Antonio is a good but still not sure about choosing this college. This may be a good college for me because is not that far from home.

Angela

It is such a great university. I love the campus here it is very open. People are so easy to talk to and you can makes friends easily. The classes are good the environment is diversity everywhere you go but overall it is mostly friendly and academic.

Kadesia

It's the best choice I could have ever made for my first year of college! Especially moving out of state or city. It's such a great school with many organizations to join! I'm currently in the marching band and I've made so many friends so far. People here are extraordinary and very friendly! I love this school and glad I made the perfect choice to go to school and get my degree at.

Shaneice

Since the first week of school, I have enjoyed my experiences at The University of Texas at San Antonio including the campus itself, my apartment, classrooms, and food. Before enrolling in UTSA, I took a tour of the campus and fell in love. I enjoyed all the great sights and activities that were going on. My first tour was about a year before I started attending UTSA, so I had forgot what most of the university looked like. Before classes started, I explored parts of UTSA that I was not introduced to on the tour. I discovered many different buildings and learned about the purposes they serve. I also found resources that will be helpful in my academic year such as the John Peace Library, counseling services, one-stop enrollment, and the University Center. In the University Center, I visited the bookstore where I located my required materials for my classes. On my spare time, I toured the recreation center alone and checked out equipment to get a feel of how the center works. I definitely plan on using this resource since it is included in my tuition. However, everything is not included in my tuition, such as my rent. I live in University Oaks, an apartment style dormitory. Living here helped me get adjusted to living on my own and being away from family. Despite not having my family around, I have a wonderful roommate that resides in the same apartment as me. We get along well and both appreciate cleanliness which was one of my main concerns when having to live with a stranger. A bonus of living in University Oaks is, I have my own bathroom. At home, I spent much of my time in the bathroom and constantly got rushed, but not anymore! There are still downsides though such as a clogged drain, or a broken lightbulb which caused me to do something I have never done before: put in a maintenance request. Although this does not seem like a big task, it taught me independence and how to successfully handle problems at hand. Another adaptation I had to make was sitting in a large classroom environment. In my previous years of school, classrooms did not contain more than thirty students. Once I went to my sociology and math class, I was surrounded by more than one hundred students. This did not bother me, but it helped discipline me to get to class early so I could sit where I preferred. In sociology, we have group discussions and typically do not have to raise our hand to speak, which is completely different from high school. Also, we can go to the restroom and even leave class without asking for permission. Besides composition, my classrooms have small desks which sometimes get in the way of me putting all my work and supplies on the desk at once. After classes are over, I usually grab something to eat. I like the convenience of a variety of choices and being able to use my dining dollars anywhere on campus. At first, the meal plan I had was limited to the Roadrunner Café only but luckily, I changed it before the census date to expand my options. I have gained insightful information since the first week of college that will help me grow as an individual and become a successful young adult.

Great School! This school has a large variety of people and cultures which makes it a great opportunity to learn different cultures while in school. The teachers and curriculum are also of the highest quality. The campus size and classes are the perfect size learn in and to easily travel from class to class. Love going to school here!

Maritza

UTSA has been my home for three years and I have loved every minute of it! I have made wonderful friends who I will cherish even after college, as well as great advisors who have guided me to take the right classes and help me with my future plans. I have lived on and off campus and both were really great experiences.

Lisa

This school is great, the campus is easy to navigate through, the buildings are all in close proximity so you don’t have to walk really far. Everyone is mostly friendly, I have been able to make some awesome friends in the clubs I’m apart of. The professors I have had are understanding and available during office hours and through email. There are cute and friendly squirrels you can share your food with too. :-)

Cassandra

It is a very friendly and open environment. So far I love the people and what it has to offer. It is a unique campus with unique people. The campus is not complicated, and it is easy to find my way around. I love the maps around the college that will help if I do get lost.

Lori

My parents are alumni at UTSA (The University of Texas at San Antonio) and so I've always grown up around hearing, "UTSA is amazing. You'll love it if you want to go there.". I thought they were only showing school pride but as I got older I learned that UTSA is amazing. The people and campus are amazing and are so welcoming. There's so much diversity and acceptance that you can't help but feel at home when you attend UTSA. There is so much to get involved with at UTSA that you can never be bored or out of touch. And even though the academics and sports are competitive, the professors and coaches do it because they're challenging you to be better. UTSA is a great school for someone who is competitive, compassionate, and who wants to make a difference.

Sara

I love the people and atmosphere at UTSA. The campus and class sizes are large but still small enough to feel comfortable and important. Professors are always willing to help and the school is always trying to recruit more students to work on campus. My favorite part is that there are not only social frats but that there are also many academic frats and these frats are very seriously handled.

Jacqueline

The University of Texas at San Antonio is a college student's dream. Every resource imaginable is available for students at UTSA, including a tutoring center for free. It is a safe and intellectually stimulating university, that has helped thousands of students reach their dreams.

Antelia