Troy, AL
Troy University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Troy University

Jacob

Now that I am a college Sophmore, I have a better understanding of how collge works and would share some helpful hints with myself if I could go back in time. For starters, are you a "B-A" student? By that I am referring to your total number of B's is more than the A's on your report card. And you think, "Hey, B's are good, right?" B's are good if you are studying alot and working hard for those B's. My guess is that you are not, afterall, I am you two years after your Senior year. In high school you are taking tests on one chapter at a time; study a little in the current section of the chapter you're being lectured on in class each night. In college you will be covering multiple chapters before taking a test. Learn the material as you go. Going to class will help you out the most, but you must study outside of class. Homework won't pull your grades up in college - there is none. Responsibility and time management are key factors in college - use them wisely.

Very little frustrates me about Troy University but if I have to choose, I would say the parking. When I lived on campus I walked most of the time to class and other places on campus. I now live off campus and it is difficult to find a parking place. Wasted time is spent looking for a place to park. Some spots that looked like an okay place to park have resulted in parking fines.

Sara

My classmates are ethnically divers and deliver varieties of views, opinions, and experiences to the learning environment.

Immediately out of high school I was burnt out and did not wish to attend college, so I attended a school to become a Radiological Technician. After a quarter of schooling toward that profession, I hated it. I then decided I wanted to attend a university, and only had one opportunity still available for financial aid. It was a blessing to receive that opportunity, but if I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to NOT take the "easy" way out and not to make plans based on someone else. Do what I love and want to spend my life doing. Don't let others hold you back because if they truly cared and supported you, they would encourage you to go forward and pursue what your heart desires!

It's big enough to get a wonderful college experience, but it's small enough to have smaller classes an more one on one attention from teachers and a small student teacher ratio. It's full of fun things to do, and it's close enough to my hometown that I can visit when I want. It is also only a couple hours from the beach.

Holly

I think Troy is known for as a school that traditional and nontraditional students can do well at.

If I could talk to myself as a senior I would say slow down. I worked my senior yr. I wish I had just enjoyed it. If I could talk to myself at about 8th grade I would say leave the boys alone and stop partying. I would tell myself work a little harder and get the grades you need. I got married right out of high school and I would tell myself to wait until I got done with school.

Troy had many campuses and has ecampus. I think Troy is a great school for anyone. As long as they offer the major you are looking for I don't think you can go wrong with Troy.

Robyn

My classmates are very unique, diverse and many are even international.

My classmates are very unique, diverse and many are even international.

Troy University is very diverse. They except students from all over the world who speak many different languages. Many of them are not very fluent in English, but Troy University works with them to provide them with the same learning opportunity as they do Americans. This university is also adaptive to the needs of those with disabilities. Here everyone is treated equal and they always find a way to provide activites to give the students something to do. They also provide various clubs and organizations so that everyone can be apart of something.

The advice I would give myself is to go into college with a positive attitude. Do not attend every party there is. There will be many parties in college, sometimes every day of the week. Take your classes serious, dont let other students or upper classmen tell you a class is easy. To them it may have been, but everybody is different. One class may require you to study, where someone else may not even have to show up and ace a test. Go to class unless your health permits you otherwise. Everyone in college isn't your friend, so choose them wisely. Don't be afraid to ask for help, thats what the staff is there for. They want to help you. Oh yeah, when refund comes around do not spend all of buying alcohol and going to parties. Learn to save your money; there may come a year or semster when your finaincial aid does not cover all of your expenses or your meal plan runs out, thats when your extra money comes in handy. Always think before you act and when you feel like there is no one to call on, you've got mom and GOD.

Divetta

An international melting pot, full of all cultures, class, and ethnicity.

An international melting pot, full of all cultures, class, and ethnicity.

Multi-cultural young adults with vigar, and vitality, and quite a bit to learn about life and responsibility.

Take everything you learn serious to prevent repeated mistakes, that could subsequently set you back. Realize that knowledge is a powerful tool that is often taken for granite when you are young. Make use of all available resources, and seek help from those with positive impacts on your life. Strive to be the best at whatever you do, and make sure it is geared towards your ultimate goals and success. Never think less of yourself, but don't be a know-it-all. There is always room for improvement, but never take school lightly. It is the doorway that leads to the life you will once lead. Some portals that you enter can lead you to the destination you so desire. But be mindful that some paths seem right, but ultimately lead to distruction. So, be a leader by learning to be a good follower. You can never go anywhere or have anything if you never learn. Peer pressure has always been around, we've been where you are, and we have done what you do. Just know there are better, brighter days ahead; believe it and watch it come to pass. DKW 1-13-10

Brooke

The first thing I would tell myself is to not stress out. I spent so much time worrying about school and if I would fit in that I made myself sick. I came here and made friends in no time at all. I would also tell myself to spend a lot more time with my family. While I was living at home I took my family for granted, but being away from them has made me appreciate them so much more. I now realize that I have a wonderful family and I am blessed to have them in my life. The last thing I would tell myself is college is completely unlike anything I expected. I would tell myself that though it may be hard at times, but you?ve got to stay strong and think positively. One can accomplish anything with confidence and a positive attitude.

I wish I had known how much different college is than high school. When I first arrived I was so excited about college and the new life I would start here, but after a few months the excitement wore off and I began to feel homesick. I was very involved and very busy back home, but Troy doesn?t offer a whole lot to get involved in. I wish I had considered more colleges closer to home and ones with better campus life.

The type of person that should attend this school is one who likes to the "small town" feel. Troy is a relatively small University and the town is very small as well. If you like small classes that only take you ten minutes to walk to then you will like Troy University. At Troy you can walk to class and always run into someone you know, so if you like the feeling of a small, connected University, then Troy is the right school for you.

Lindsay

Classmates are accepting of each other and work well together. You can always find a friendly face, even if you don't know anyone.

I would tell myself that there are plenty of new people in college to meet and share interests with. There are a lot of activities and organizations in which to get involved. I will have more opportunities to do anything I choose and have time for. I would also tell myself not to worry about whether my high school had prepared me for college, because the adjustment is not as big of a deal as everyone makes it seem. There is extra time to compensate for the difficulty level of college courses. Everything balances out!

A pessimistic person should not attend this school. The entire student body has a wonderful pride in the Troy University Trojans that a pessimist would not appreciate or take part in.

Mark

It has the number 1 distance learning program in the Nation. It works closely with our Armed Forces to help provide education to soldiers, airmen, sailors, and marines stationed all around the world.

I would tell myself to focus on my studies instead of on finding a date for Friday night. I would tell myself to always remember that I am more intelligent than I give myself credit for. I would tell myself that I need to value the work assigned to me and appreciate the opportunities that are provided to me through my schoolwork. I would remind myself of the importance of doing well in school not only so that I can be successful afterwards, but so that I can set an example for my children that education is one of the most important things in life. Lastly, I would tell myself that there is nothing that can hold me back from being successful and that I can accomplish anything that I put my mind to.

There is nothing that I wish I had known before I came to this school. The school has a very informative website that enables all students and prospective students to learn as much information as they would like to about the University.

Victoria

First I would make it emphasis on the discipline that is needed in college rather than in high school. The discipline will be stressed because it covers the time it take to study and understand college material. Second I have paid more attention my senior year instead of focusing on graduation. Freshman year of college is nothing but a repitition of high school, so if you were studious during your high school senior year, then transitioning to your first year of college will not be as stressful. Third I would have told myself to be more appreciative of the one on one interaction with my teachers. The biggest downfall for first year college students is being independent by keeping up with your assignments.

Mercedes

There are a variety of races on my campus. However, they same to be all attracted to who they grew up around only and have conservative opinions or ideas that were passed to them from their parents. Many people wear a smile on their face but I'm not sure if they are really open to really getting involved with new people.

If I could go back in time as a high school senior and talk to myself about my future in college, I would tell myself to always remain the same and stay original. Don't let anyone influence you, Mercedes, and stay the strong-willed person that you are. While you are here preparing for college, know that as well as high school, college will be some of the best days of your life; enjoy it while you can. Go ahead and start preparing for college, apply for scholarships now so you will not be in much of a financial bind and stressing over financial responsibilities while you are still young. Take every positive opportunity and experience that you can and run with it. Dont be afraid of anything new. If travel opportunities arise, run with it. Explore what you can while you can. Enjoy life as a young person and don't take everything so serious right now or stress yourself out. All you need to stay focused on for now is yourself, your grades, family, friends and social life. Take one day at a time and remember to keep a smile on your face through it all.

I wish I would have known more people and that it helps to be as outgoing as possible. I also wish I would have known how relevant and helpful it would have been to apply for scholarships while I was in high school.

Troy University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.