Troy, AL
Troy University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Troy University

Olivia

My school, CU Boulder, is best known for their physics and science program. It has been nationally recognized for sending more then 10 of its students into space. CU is also well known for being a very green campus and have won multiple awards including: Colorado Environmental Leadership award in 2004. The last thing that I am most proud of CU being best known for is there Business School. The majority of the business students here at CU graduate at the top of their class and recieve well-paying business jobs right out of college.

Now that I have been living the college life for a semester, I have a lot of advice I wish I could have provided for myself as a senior in High School. At the beginning of my senior year, I would of chosen classes that were going to academically challenge me. By doing this, I would have been more prepared for the constant busyness and crazy testing schedules of college courses. Another major piece of advice I lacked as a high school student was study skills. Most high school classes don?t require a week full of studying and back then, looking over the notes the day before an exam was sufficient enough to receive an A. That has definitely been my greatest realization. The most important advice I wish I had given myself would be to have taken the AP tests. Throughout High School, I enrolled in AP classes my sophomore through senior year but never had the courage to take AP testing at the end of the course. Being ahead on credits such as World History and Statistics would lighten the load for a college student and let them focus on the classes that emphasize their major.

What I brag about most when telling my friends about my school is that it is all-around amazing. Leaving the state I had always lived in was the scariest decision for me, but living and learning at CU Boulder has never felt more like home. The campus is beautiful, and there are so many academic resources when it comes to help labs, study groups and tutors that I don?t think I could ever fall behind.

Aaron

I would tell myself ,"Keep your head up and continue to go in the direction you're heading, Jesus is going to work everything out for in the end. Don't stress over the tests or the girls that come and go because it will all be worked out for your good."

The diversity, there are people from all over the world here! It gives me a chance to interact eith peopl from all walks of life!

There is a lack of things to do beyond sporting events and working out.

MonTarez

The first thing I would do is tell myself that I need to make a decision earlier in the year instead of waiting until the last minute to make a decison about school. After that I would tell myself to fill out applications for scholarships early becuase the earlier the better. Then I would have tell myself that this process does not take that long because when I was back in high school I thought it would take forever. And if I get all of these scholarships done I wont have to worry about getting a loan and already going in to debt. Finally I would tell myself to take advantage of having the chance of even going to college cause not everyone has had the privilege.

The class sizes are great especially when you get closer to your major. They are very small which means you get more time with you professor, and thats another thing about Troy you actually get taught by your professor and not a graduate students like most colleges do.

It doesn't have anything to do with the eduacation but its the parking. Its always hard to find somewhere to park which makes me late for class even when I leave early becuase I have to wait until somebody comes out to move their car.

Latria

If I could go back to my senior days in high school, I would have took the chance to look at more scholarships and not get any loans. I would have gotten more serious about my senior year so that I would have known how to study for college. They way I studied for high school and the way I studied for college was way different I would never have graduated and would have given up if I would never have seeked the support of student support services. I would have taken more harder classes in high school all the way through so that I could actually been some what ready for college life.

I consider the fact that most professers on the Troy Dothan Campus are not being paid to teach a great thing it shows that they are there for the love of teaching others and not the money. I am glad that I chose Troy for my college of choice and I will never regret my choice of school.

The only thing that I see bad about Troy is that they don't push students to do interns before they graduate so that they can actually find a job once they grafduate. No one told me how important it was and no one ever told me how important it was to see my advisor on a regular basis.

Angel

Troy University is very unique in the way that it gives its students a big university feel within a small town.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice, I would say to always be myself. Even though I am moving away from the people I have surrounded myself with for years, I should not change myself to try to make new friends. I would tell myself to study more, because classes get harder and normally the only grades are from two tests. I would say to not stress the small stuff, and to just take it one minute at a time. To enjoy the college life to a healthy extent, to learn to balance school and fun better than I have in the past because it matters more in college. Most of all, I would say that everything happens for a reason, and that you can not change fate no matter how hard you try, so do not waste your life trying. That God will only put as much on you as he knows you can handle, and that in the moments that you think you are all alone that you never are. God will always put people in your life who can help you accomplish your goals.

Troy University is much bigger than any school I have ever been to before, so it was very hard to learn where everything was on the campus. Troy has a big International program which is great because it enables the American students to learn about other cultures while on campus, although sometimes something that is accepted in our culture may not be accepted in theirs, so intentions often get misinterpreted.

Tiffany

I would tell myself to make my best effort in everything that I do and to explore every opportunity and organization on campus to find what is suited best for me. But I would also tell myself to explore new ideas and opportunities as much as possible because that is what makes us well-rounded and knowledgable people.

The worst thing about Troy University is the lack of communication, whether between departments or between students and faculty. If people would learn good communication skills, a lot of problems would never occur.

At Troy University, I can brag about the beauty of our campus as well as the friendliness of the students. I also can brag about our international relations and our great study-abroad programs. Troy has a very diverse campus, representing a very large number of countries around the world. This is a great learning experience for those who wish to learn about different cultures but do not have the money to travel.

joseph

small community with a small college setting thats responsible for more one on one teaching and communication, to complete studies.

Dream more and never let anymore tell you that your dreams can't come true.

I wish while i was in high school how important it is to communicate with teachers and coaches about different awards and grants available to student that have good moral character. By staying focus and and in good academic standing you can do anything you put your mind to but if you never have a dream you'll never have a dream come true.

Jacob

Now that I am a college Sophmore, I have a better understanding of how collge works and would share some helpful hints with myself if I could go back in time. For starters, are you a "B-A" student? By that I am referring to your total number of B's is more than the A's on your report card. And you think, "Hey, B's are good, right?" B's are good if you are studying alot and working hard for those B's. My guess is that you are not, afterall, I am you two years after your Senior year. In high school you are taking tests on one chapter at a time; study a little in the current section of the chapter you're being lectured on in class each night. In college you will be covering multiple chapters before taking a test. Learn the material as you go. Going to class will help you out the most, but you must study outside of class. Homework won't pull your grades up in college - there is none. Responsibility and time management are key factors in college - use them wisely.

Very little frustrates me about Troy University but if I have to choose, I would say the parking. When I lived on campus I walked most of the time to class and other places on campus. I now live off campus and it is difficult to find a parking place. Wasted time is spent looking for a place to park. Some spots that looked like an okay place to park have resulted in parking fines.

Sara

My classmates are ethnically divers and deliver varieties of views, opinions, and experiences to the learning environment.

Immediately out of high school I was burnt out and did not wish to attend college, so I attended a school to become a Radiological Technician. After a quarter of schooling toward that profession, I hated it. I then decided I wanted to attend a university, and only had one opportunity still available for financial aid. It was a blessing to receive that opportunity, but if I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to NOT take the "easy" way out and not to make plans based on someone else. Do what I love and want to spend my life doing. Don't let others hold you back because if they truly cared and supported you, they would encourage you to go forward and pursue what your heart desires!

It's big enough to get a wonderful college experience, but it's small enough to have smaller classes an more one on one attention from teachers and a small student teacher ratio. It's full of fun things to do, and it's close enough to my hometown that I can visit when I want. It is also only a couple hours from the beach.

Holly

I think Troy is known for as a school that traditional and nontraditional students can do well at.

If I could talk to myself as a senior I would say slow down. I worked my senior yr. I wish I had just enjoyed it. If I could talk to myself at about 8th grade I would say leave the boys alone and stop partying. I would tell myself work a little harder and get the grades you need. I got married right out of high school and I would tell myself to wait until I got done with school.

Troy had many campuses and has ecampus. I think Troy is a great school for anyone. As long as they offer the major you are looking for I don't think you can go wrong with Troy.

Troy University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.